BUSY BOY

I love you baby I'm not a Monster

“Jale! You’re back!” Dara shouted on the top of her lungs in the morning at five. Bom and Neptune woke up as they hear Dara’s delighted screams as Jale entered their room.

Neptune is sleeping with Bom on his side and as the both of them realized that, they quickly back away from each other while muttering disgusting things. Dara rolled her eyes and so does Jale.

“Geez, you guys are lovey dovey earlier..” Dara commented.

“Shut up, Dara!” Bom complained. Neptune eyed Dara with bulging eyes and met Jale’s smirk.

“Yah! Quit it!” Neptune yelled. “How did you end up sleeping by my side?! That is Jale’s bed.”

Bom’s face turned sour. “Excuse me! HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED SLEEP WALKING BEFORE?!” Bom’s face turned red. “Well  I think I must have sleepwalked and slept there.”

“Excuses.” Jale scoffed and Dara giggled, leaving Bom and Neptune bickering at each other again with their blushing faces.

“C’mere, let’s go back to sleep.” Jale put his hands around Dara’s shoulder and led her to bed but she stopped him.

“I need to talk with you.” She swallowed and looked at Jale seriously.

“What’s with all the seriousness Daraling?” He smiled mischievously at her.

“C’mon let’s just go outside and not disturb that two aliens.” Dara held his hand gently as they close the door and sit outside the porch.

 

The sky is turning brighter and the earthly scent of soil and forest grounds can be smelled clearly in their area. The sound of grasshoppers filled the scene and the both of them are staring at each other as Dara passed a cup of tea to him.

“So where have you been?” Dara observed his tired face.

“Fighting monsters in the race.” Jale replied boringly.

“Race?” Dara’s ears perked up.

Jale kept silent, cursing loudly in his heart. Damn. This is what happens when he is tired. His tongue can fool him.

“I mean.. I fight like I’m battling in a competition.” Jale smiled.

“Y-you fight for almost the whole day.. it’s unbelievable.. I mean that..” Dara seems speechless.

“Of course I also rest, Dara. Relax. Just.. fighting monsters makes me feel more stronger.” Jale explained, sipping the warm tea he have in his hands. The heat warms his cold hands and he put it back to the saucer again.

“You eat and drink in the Abandoned Market.” Dara asked, reassuring that what Neptune tells her is correct.

“Yeah.” Jale nodded his head, aware that Neptune must’ve told her that.

“Dara.. you knew the directions of where you lost the key right?” Jale asked with creased eyebrows.

“Yeah.. Speaking of which, I’ve discussed these matters with Neptune and Bom. We’re going to go to Owine Waterfall tomorrow.” She beamed.

“T-tomorrow?” Jale asked, raising his eyebrow. Oh.. He’s supposed to do more of his Human Form Liquid in his laboratory..

“Don’t tell me you have to go and fight monsters again Jale because it’s no longer funny.” Dara glared at him. “You’ve been always busy every single time.. Can’t you make time for us? I mean finding the key?”

“Any other reasons?” Jale asked.

“... and I miss you badly. There. All clean.” Dara pouted her lips.

“Alright alright anything for you, Daraling. “ He gave a peck to her lips as she pulled him closer.

As she was about to explore into his mouth deeper, Jale stopped her.

“Wait.. “ He interrupted the kiss. Dara slowly looked at him, not happy that he suddenly stopped kissing her.

“Dara I have to tell you something.. before it’s too late.” Jale looked at her. His eyes have the twinge of guilt, sadness and .. suffering.

“Yes?” Dara looked at him strangely.

“Um.. I don’t even know how to start this.” He chuckled, resting his head beside the wall.

Dara moved closer, trying to get closer to him. “Just tell me slowly.”

“But I’m afraid.” He said.

She kept silent. This is getting uncanny by the minute.

“Will you just listen to me sing?” Jale asked. His red eyes swam around hers vividly and she nod her head twice with a pair of large eyes.

He cleared his throat and sang.

 

Baby, will you try to understand me? Will you be there for me?

Once you knew that I’m not who I am.

I’m sorry. I’m trying to make the better man out of me and be the good man you deserved.

What will you do if I’m not the guy?

What will you say if I’m not the guy?

Will you have your heart broken? I don’t want that to happen, I’ll just die.

Please don’t be afraid of me, I’m not a monster.

I’m not a beast. I’m not a beast. I’m just me.

So please don’t go anywhere, just stay close to me~

 

You’re what I want from now on. I’ll try to unravel my lies, my scars, my past to you

But please just don’t leave me alone in this dark world.

I rather die than see you sad

Just be happy for me, even though you’re with a better man

But please try to hold onto me, I’ll try to be perfect for you.

 

“Yah yah yah! What are you singing?! I won’t leave you ever!” Dara fought back, hitting Jale’s arms.

Jale grimaced as he heard that. It felt good to hear her say that. But thinking that when she knew he is a monster, he swallowed the bitterness of his pain deep into his heart.

“Wait. I have one song again. Hear me sing until the end.” Jale requested her to keep silent until he finished singing it. Dara will. She pressed her knees to her chest and lay her head to her knees. She looked at Jale while he sings.

 

It’s been a while since we spent our time together

Your face looks good. You got prettier and more beautiful each time I see you.

But in the future, you will look a bit different. You will look especially a bit cold. Your eyes that look at me are filled with pity and disgust.

In front of you, I seem smaller.

 

I tried to be fine, trying to change subjects

Though I had so much to talk about with you

 

Later, you’ll cut me off right away and your hair overflowing as it hit my cheeks and passed away

You will turn away and leave right away.

If I try to catch you later, will I be ridiculous?

 

Nothing comes to my mind

As you tremble, you take a step, two steps back

You’ll say that I scare you

You’re like a moon that makes me go crazy

 

I need you baby I’m not a monster

You know me so well so don’t leave me like this

Even if you throw me away, I will die

I’m not a beast

 

No matter what happens, let’s be forever

When we’re sad, when we’re happy, let’s go till the end.

You don’t say that tomorrow

Let’s love like today is the last

 

A life without you is like an imprisonment for life

An extinction from the world to the point where I’d go crazy

Your existence is a chronic disease, a repetition of pain

You’re a lingering attachment in my heart

 

The people of the world have turned their backs on me

The corners of their eyes are all twisted up

The greatest pain to me is the fact that you will also be like them

 

I love you baby I’m not a monster

You know how I was when I met you

When time passes by, it’ll all disappear

Then you will know baby

 

I need you baby I’m not a monster

You know me so well so don’t leave me like this

Even if you throw me away, I will die

I’m not a beast

 

Don’t go, don’t go, don’t go, don’t leave me

Don’t do it, Don’t do it, don't do it, it’s not like you

Getting further away, love is breaking me apart

 

Don’t find me, don’t find me, don’t find me, don’t look for me

The last, last, last image of me in front of you, remember me but don’t ever forget me

 

I love you baby I’m not a monster

You know how I was when I met you

When time passes by, it’ll all disappear

Then you will know baby

 

I need you baby I’m not a monster

You know me so well so don’t leave me like this

Even if you throw me away, I will die

I’m not a beast

 

I think I’m sick

I think I’m sick

I think I’m sick

I think I’m sick

 

“I’m done. You can talk now.” Jale smiled at her.

“Can I ask what song that is? Who invent that song?” She asked boringly.

“Why? Is it that boring?” Jale raised his eyebrows. He will certainly punch a tree if he make her bored with that song.

“No. I mean.. The song is extremely nice but.. those lyrics.. hmm they are kinda strange. Just wondering though who wrote that song.” She pouted.

“Me.” Jale points at himself as he leans closer to her.

“What?” She stretch her legs forward and sat straighter.

“I wrote that song.” He said.

“....R-really? But why..? You’re not a beast... You’re insanely hot and a-and..” She blushed. “People turn their backs on you? What do you mean? Why does it sound like I’m gonna leave you? Because I will never do that.” She explained everything so quickly, afraid that she lose time.

“You’ll understand one day Dara. Trust me.” Jale said without smiling.

“I don’t get it...” she creased her forehead. “I don’t get you.. Jale.. it’s like.. You’re building up this thick wall to block me. It’s like you don’t want me to know anything about you at all.” She swallowed the lump on , swallowing the bitterness and nauseous feeling that she is experiencing right now.

“Dara, all I can say is.. the thick wall you’re mentioning.. it’s gonna crumble down day by day and you’re going to know the answer in the end.” Jale said, he felt his stomach churned but he ignored it.

“...Day by day? How long do I have to wait for that?” She stood up from the patio.

“... “ He kept silent but stood up too.

“You can’t even answer that.” Dara closed her eyes, burying her face on her cold hands. Jale gave a wary look.

“Dara.. I.. I wished I can tell you now..” He began.

“But you can’t! I don't understand!” Her tone came out harsher than she expected. She sighed slowly.

He sighed and swallowed. He forced himself too much. He inhaled and exhaled. Probably it’s the time she should know now. He’s going to say it now. No more waiting . She will know everything now.

“No. Listen to me. I’m a mo-“

“That’s enough Jupiter Jale.” Dara interrupted him and gave a slight push to his chest, pushing him away. “That’s a nice song and goodnight.” She sarcastically replied and opened the door. Going inside the house.

 

Jale stood there blankly watching Dara and her shadow going further away inside the house. He exhaled and listened to the loud beating of his heart. He buried his face on his hands. He cursed twice.. thrice.. million times as he finally take a packet of cigarette, plant one in his mouth and lit up fire to the tip of the cigarette. He breathed in the smoke. He coughed a little.

After he finished smoking, he threw the cigarette to the floor, stepped on it and squished it with strong force. He trudged back inside the house and the room. He looked at the sleeping Neptune, Bom and Dara. Each on different sections of the bed. He walked and crawled beside Dara. His bunk bed beside her section of the bed.

Dara opened her eyes. She met his eyes.

“I’m sorry. You will break that wall sooner or later. Goodnight Daraling.” He whispered beside her ear, kissed her forehead gently and tucked into bed.

Dara quietly looked at him with his eyes close on bed. Goodnight.

 

 

Writer's Note:

New Updates! Sorry I took a long time. :)

Feel free to leave comments about the fanfic below, Thankss! (If for some reason i can't reply below, just ask me via twitter anytime!^^

AND Please Subscribe, it'll mean a lot to me!

Click here to subscribe to ILYBINAM!

Kamsahabnida! <3

 

Twitter: @ShikiHikaru

 

Love,

ShikiHikaru