Practice Room

A Pet of Fate

 

            “Chanyeol?” Baekhyun called as he goes out of the rapper and his shared room.

            The rest of s outside the living are looking at him with sad faces.

            “Chanyeol is not coming back yet, Baekhyun.” Lay said, sitting at the stool near the window.

            Baekhyun looks he is about to cry as his eyes shine. “I thought I heard him laugh. It awakes me.” His voice cracks.

            “Baekkie.” D.O. comes near him and pats his shoulder. “We understand how you feel. It’s ok, we’ll find him soon.”

            The younger’s face is gloomy but he still manages to give a simple curve on his lips. It has been two days since Baekhyun and the other EXO members last seen their Happy Virus, three nights that he did not sleep in their dorm. When they failed to find Chanyeol at the Mnet Building, their managers decided to cancel all their schedules for that day. Seunghwan, the manager they have with on the incident, reported about Chanyeol’s lost to the police.

            After then, the police does not have any feedback yet or lead regarding this search.

            The authorities are not just the people who find the boy. The group also helps the search. They go anywhere Chanyeol could possibly set his feet. They disguise in order to come out in the open and look for their missing member. The entire Seoul has no corner that they haven’t explore yet. They even plainly asked Chanyeol’s family. When they confirm he is not there, also not to make them worry, the boys try to cover up their lost member to his clan.

            This situation did not come out in the public. Only EXO, their managers, the police and the higher people of SM Entertainment know.

 

            “It’s still so early in the morning, do you want to sleep more or you want to stay awake and eat breakfast. I’ll prepare something for you.” D.O. offers to Baekhyun.

            “Crap!” Suho creates a loud bang as he hit his palm on their dining table. He looks so upset right now. When the members give their attentions to him, he stands up from his seat.

            “Girls Generation and F(x) are the most searches on Naver because of Chanyeol.” He announces. s like Kai and Chen come forward to him and glance at his Mac Book. “Look!”

            ‘Baby, where are you? Noona, is here waiting for your return.’ That is Tiffany’s post on twitter.

            ‘We are praying for you. Come back safely, Baby.” Taeyeon’s post with a picture of her with a giraffe stuff animal on instagram.

            ‘Baby! Baby! Baby! Oh, I miss you! Don’t let us cry for you.’ Sulli’s post on her twitter.

            Chanyeol-Baby is what all the girls of SM Entertainment call him. If Amber is the friend of SM’s male artists, Chanyeol has the same role with the females. He is so close to all of them that they react like this when they heard about his lost.

            “Who told them about what we are experiencing right now?” Suho asks in a high tone. His eyes quickly target to Baekhyun who looks so restless. “Is it you?”

            Suho points his finger to the boy. Baekhyun open his eyes widely in shock. One of Baekhyun’s hands is pointing at himself as well.

            “Me? No! I would not do that!” The singer denies.

            “It’s me.” Kris said, coming out from his room. “They’re Chanyeol’s friends so they should know about this.”

            His calm manner does not help easing the raging Suho. “So what if they are friends? We are strictly advised by the management that NO ONE outside EXO should know that he is MISSING. You should have ASKED for our PERMISSION first BERORE you DO THAT.”

             “Shut up, Joonmyun!” Xiumin stands from his seat at the couch, entering this flaming conversation. “Always put in your mind that Kris is your older than you like me and Luhan. You don’t have right to speak to him like that!”

            “But, Hyung. I’m the appointed leader and I’m only thinking everyone’s good.”

            “Will you all stop fighting, you elders?” Luhan who is one of the oldest cannot take s’ argument that he stands from the other couch he is sitting with Sehun. “This is not helping our situation right now.”

            The room becomes silent. It seems his sermon helps to make the living room in peace. Suho angrily folded his laptop and goes inside his room. Luhan and Xiumin sit back at their seats. Kris on the other hand, goes out of their dorm and went up the rooftop.

            Above there, he thinks deeply about Chanyeol. Chanyeol? That boy, he always lingers on Kris’ side. The foreigner hates it. It is because he believes Chanyeol is pathetic. He cannot be independent. He always wants someone will treat him like a lovable pet. That makes Kris pukes.

            This impression started when the tallest accidentally glimpsed inside the practice room, which was when he and Chanyeol were still in training. He saw the boy having a passionate kiss with one of the male trainees there. He was surprise of what he just watched.

            No romantic relationship should occur between two trainees or artists.

            That is one of SM Entertainment Terms and Conditions. Kris remembered that part of the pink book that was provided for all of the trainees and artists.

            ‘What is this?’He said in his thoughts, moving backward from the door. He almost startled when another trainee was already beside him.

            The other boy gesture his hand, signing Kris to be quiet.

            “Chanyeol is Sunbae’s boy. If you try to expose this, you’ll be dead.” He softly warned.

            “I’m not a girl to spread scandal.” Kris then walked away.

            When EXO was starting to form some years ago, that senior trainee was out of the list for the selected members to become EXO. He left the company, leaving Chanyeol behind. After that, the young boy started hanging out with Kris. Kris thinks Chanyeol was just seeing his former lover to him. With that, the older made ways to avoid the boy.

Flashback ends…

 

            Kris reminisces those old days. When he is done, he goes back to their dorm and ready to reconcile with his Co-Leader.

 

            Morning, another day has come again. Outside their dorm, a car owned by not a tenant there parks in front of it.

            “Do you miss this place, Chanyeol?”

 

~End~

 

A/N

 

Advance update because I'll be busy later watching EMA...