Dorm

A Pet of Fate

 

            The doorbell’s ring, it just gets the early birds attention.

            “Can someone please check who is out there?” D.O. politely requested while beating the egg on a bowl for his omelet.

            Sehun sits up in alert. “Who will visit us at this early morning?”

            The youngest sulks and looks at Luhan. This innocent looking hyung answers him with a shrug.

            The blonde stands from the seat. He calmly walks to the door. The two Chinese members are both curious, following Sehun there.

             Tao looks at the screen first. He feels creepy with what he sees on it. He squeals like a girl and he then pulls Luhan to hide. The oldest on the trio sways to remove Tao’s grasp on him.

            “What?” He irately asks.

            “T-there are huge hands on the screen.” Tao stutters, blinking his eyes in scare.

            Luhan’s expression is like he wants to ask what does his dongsaeng means about that. He looks at the source of Tao’s fear, the same time Xiumin joins them. Sehun does not care what they are seeing there, he is ready to open the door now.

            “No, Sehun, don’t open the door yet.” Tao almost looks he wanted to kneel down in begging. Sehun stares at him quizzically while his right hand remains holding the doorknob.

            “I know those hands!” Xiumin exclaims. Luhan who also realizes it, looks so surprised.

            “Chanyeol.”

            “Hyung?” Sehun confirms. He does not wait for his Hyung to nod. He pushes Tao harshly and hurriedly opens the door.

            Sehun looks he is going to lose his breath, seeing their lost member standing there in front of the camera outside their dorm. Chanyeol is not healthy looking at all manages to provide curve on his lips.

            “Chanyeol-Hyung!” Sehun excitedly shouted. He runs to the taller and gives him a warm hug.

            The other members are just watching the scene. A few tears happen to drop on their eyes. Luhan thinks this is one of the best days of his life.

            “T-Tao.” His speech becomes unstable maybe because of his emotion. “Wake up all of your brothers and tell them who came.”

            The boy nods and instantly shouts going to the inner part of their dorm in rush.

            “Everyone! Chanyeol-Hyung is back! He is back! Everyone!” He announces.

            He passes through the kitchen, where D.O. is right now.

            “What? Did I hear it right?” The singer turns off the stove and runs to the exit.

            The sleeping members complain to the noise that interrupts their sleeps, getting out to their respective rooms whining. As Tao explains what is going on to them, they all become wide awake. Now, all of them go to the same spot.

            Sehun still locks his arms to his Hyung. There are tears on his eyes too like his older member has on their sights. Chanyeol gives his affection to the boy by petting his hair.

            “Did you really miss me, Sehun?” Chanyeol softly said to their youngest member. Sehun whose head is lying on his shoulder looks at him directly to his eye and nods.

            Noises from s are getting closer and closer. When they finally arrive, Chanyeol suddenly feels the tense. His body seems to get weaker and view gets blury and dizzy.

            “Chanyeol!” Most of the members said as they see their rapper. Chanyeol stiffens, his feet becomes unsteady.

            “Hyung?” Sehun who’s holding him wonders.

 

            Shortly, Chanyeol loses his consciousness.

 

            Before he plunges down the cold floor, Sehun senses what will happen and with his reflex, he saves Chanyeol from falling.

            “Oh my god!” D.O. gasps, putting both of his hands on his mouth.

            The rest of the members circle to both Chanyeol and Sehun. The blonde slowly bends his knee down the floor as he carefully changes the position of his older brother. He supports Chanyeol’s head to his arm and upper body lying on his lap.

            Sehun is a boy who is not good in showing his feelings but now he does. He touches Chanyeol’s face, lips are quivering and his body is trembling.

            “Hyung, wake up!” He shakes his Hyung, attempting to get the rapper up. “HYUNG!”

            Chanyeol does not move at all. Is he dead?

            “He can’t be!” Sehun opposes to that idea. “Hyung!”

            He calls one more time. Still, it is not enough to awake Chanyeol.

            “That’s enough, Sehun.” Kris said sternly, putting his hand to the boys shoulder. The youngest does not notice their leader is already beside him.

            “But...” He frowns as he looks at his hyung that he really doesn’t know if alive or not. Chanyeol is so lifeless.

            Luhan runs to Sehun, helping him to get Chanyeol up.

            “Someone should call our managers!” The second oldest commanded. They are still in their slumber outfit that Tao can only be the one to have a phone with him. When he and Sehun completely take Chanyeol from the ground, they start walking away.

            Chen wonders and about to ask where are they going. He will follow them but Luhan glares at him, saying. “Minseok, Yifan and Joonmyun come with us to the hospital. Chanyeol needs remedy. Others, please remain here.”

            “But, Hyung.” Chen wants to disagree.

            “We don’t want to create a scene, Jongdae. Do you understand?” The boy nods. “Good.”

 

            Luhan and his chosen people take Chanyeol out of their dorm. They sneakily leave without anyone from neither their fans nor the residents to notice.

            Once they arrive to the closest hospital, they let their rapper to be examined. Until then, they wait for the result of the test sitting on the corridor’s bench of the hospital.

            Not long enough, Lee Seunghwan, their manager, arrives there.

            “Sehun.” He initially said. “You can go back to the dorm.”

            The boy saddens of what their manager instructed him but he cannot go against it. He nods with a heavy heart and leaves s. When Seunghwan is sure that he is gone, he begins his questioning the remaining boys.

            “Where’s Chanyeol?” The manager asked.

            “There.” Suho points to the door where their sick member is inside right now with his eyes. “The doctor is not coming out yet from there for a long time.”

            “What’s taking it so long?” Xiumin impatiently asked. The rest of the boys feel the same way too.

            Their eagerness is answered when a man in his thirties goes out of the room. One by one, the boys stand from their seat.

            They get nervous when they see the doctor’s expression. He looks depress.

            “How is he, doctor?” Their manager dying to know what the doctor’s finding is. He also wants to have a glance on his long lost talent.

            The doctor eyed him in a short while. “Are you the boy’s guardian?” Their manager nods.

            After then, he takes a deep breath in before he spills out what he found out.

 

            “The boy experienced a severe se

 

~End~