Storm

A Pet of Fate

 

            A loud siren is coming from an ambulance, as a group of people, medics and the patient’s company, rushes the boy experiencing 50-50 with a stretcher to the emergency inside the hospital. One of the personnel from there signs the people with their patient to stop there at the waiting area.

            Luhan’s white long sleeves has now tinted with red, Chanyeol’s blood wipes on him when he carries him all by himself. He is anxious, breathing heavily, eyes is a little puffy because of crying; he brushes his hair up in frustration. Why it should turn out like this?

            “Hyung.” Baekhyun calls him because he is still standing there while the rest of s are sitting on the bench.

            The younger pulls him there to rest his body; he has been disturbed all this time since he saw Chanyeol was almost lifeless. Baekhyun brushes his back to ease this feeling, the older looks at him and the others even with a tired face.

            “Baekhyun, is Chanyeol…?”

 

            It is still fresh in his memory. Kris and Woobin’s faces were shock of what they saw as they froze from running downstairs. On the phase where the paused, they found the person they both love lying down there; embraced by the immortal looking Chinese. Luhan’s eyes were only on Chanyeol’s slightly bloody face, his knees were down, Chanyeol was on his arms.

             He touched Chanyeol’s forehead where it looked like the blood was coming from there. His hand was shaking as he viewed the fluid on it. He whimpered. He could not really believe this was true.

            After a while, he heard steps from above. The monsters, those people were the reason why Chanyeol ended like this.

            “You stop right there!” He shouted, inhaling and exhaling with difficulties. Luhan glared at them with the same time he was trying to lift Chanyeol from the floor. He turned around and carried the younger in bridal style. He was lighter than Chanyeol but that was not a big deal right now. He should make sure those two would not come closer to him and Chanyeol. They should not.

            Kris and Woobin silently stepped down the stair. Of course, they were worried, so worried of Chanyeol’s condition. Before they could do more, Luhan with full of hatred leaned back at them.

            “DON’T YOU DARE ATTEMPT TO MOVE ANY CLOSER!” He warned in an ear-cracking tone. “IF YOU DO, YOU’LL FIND YOUR BODIES FROM THE MORGUE! I’LL ASSURE YOU THAT!”

Flashback ends…

 

            “Chanyeol will be just fine.” Baekhyun cheers him up. The boy looks agitated too, yet he can say some encouraging words at this state.

            “I really hope so.” Luhan sniffs, curving his lips a bit. He resumes on looking at s again that are sitting on each of his side, someone is missing other than Kris.

            “I’ve been calling Joonmyn-Hyung but he is not answering his phone.” He glances at Chen who is talking to Lay the person beside him. The singer is frowning, scrolling something on his phone screen.

            Yes, Suho did not show himself again after the incident that happened between him and Chanyeol. He goes home, just to change clothes then goes somewhere. Luhan saw him one time tipsy and seems to be drunk. The reason for his sudden behavior is unknown for Luhan.

            The door on their side opens, distracting them from moving.

            “Doctor.” Luhan alertly stands up and comes closer to the physician. “How is he?”

            The doctor sighs with a poker face on. Why do they need to be suspense?

            “Park Chanyeol-sshi needs blood. He loses a lot of it.” All the EXO members rise from their seat and hand above from their heads.

            “Me, I’ll donate my blood!” Tao volunteers.

            Baekhyun nudges him. “Chanyeol’s blood type is A, not you AB!”

            Luhan is dumbfounded of what the doctor wants to have. He is not the one he is looking for.

            Sehun places both of his hand on his side for comfort. “It’s ok, Hyung.”

            “I’ll volunteer.” Kai raises his hand. “My blood type is A.”

            “Me too!” D.O. presented.

            “I’ll join the league.” Lay comes forward with them.

            “Hyung, you stay. Me and D.O. can handle this.” Lay backs off and surrenders with his dongsaeng. He understands his blood cannot help Chanyeol right now due to his disorder.

            The doctor smiles at the two delegates. “Park Chanyeol-sshi is lucky to have you boys. Follow me.”

            Luhan watches those three walk away to prepare the blood Chanyeol needed. It is sad that he is not being useful. He is relief Chanyeol can be saved by the transfusion he is required to undergo though. He then gazes on the window on top of the wall. There is a storm outside.

 

***

 

            A night at the jungle, a giraffe is wandering to get something to eat. He found an acacia tree perfect to fill up his starving stomach. As he eats, a roaring sound is coming from behind him. He turns back, only to view three red glowing pair of eyes glare at him on the darkness.

            He can feel they are getting closer. He tries to escape and runaway. One of his trail; a lion is waiting for him. On the other; it is a black wolf. And on the other, it is a white tiger.

            They surround him, locking him at the middle of the dry fields on the jungle.

            Why he should be scared? He is taller than them. He never thought with a single hit of a lightning from above, these three beasts will grow bigger than him. All of them growl at the same time, along with the thunder striking from the terror sky.

 

***

 

            “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Chanyeol screams as he rises from the bed. He takes off the oxygen attached from his nose and mouth, head has a bandage covered on it. In his fright, Luhan hugs him. Chanyeol responds with that tightly, burying his face on the shorter’s chest.

            “Hush, Chanyeol. I’m here. No one will hurt you. I’m here.” Luhan tries to calm him down while rubbing his back. It is successful. Chanyeol cools a bit.

            “Wait.” The rapper’s eyes roam the private room they placed him. “I’m still alive?”

            “Yes, Chanyeol.” Luhan becomes teary again as he attempts to persuade Chanyeol to look at him.

            The face of the younger grimaces, he does not want this.

            “Why?”

            “What?”

            “I don’t want to! They’ll catch me!

            “Who Chanyeol?”

            A thunder hits closer from their location, making Chanyeol shrieks again. This cuts his words. Luhan does not know the boy has a phobia with thunders not until this day. He shall think of a way to lessen Chanyeol’s agony.

            “Don’t worry, Chanyeol. We’ll pick another room, something that is soundproof.”

            Soundproof? The boy thinks of the time he heard this word is mentioned. Only getting him back to fear, he remembers Woobin, him, and Kris said this.

            “No!!!”

 

            After a stressful moment, Luhan forces Chanyeol to tell him everything so he can help him to what he is feeling right now. The younger thinks Luhan is trustful enough, letting him know the truth about what the things that occured to him from the previous months till the present.

            Luhan cannot believe of his confession, he senses something is going on and has a hint on it, but he does not know it is so crucial. How can this slip from his knowledge. He thinks so deceive due to this.

            Luhan still pursues to transfer Chanyeol to a soundless room so the boy can have a peaceful stay at the hospital for his recovery.

 

            “Ah!” Luhan snarls in anger when he comes out from Chanyeol’s room. The members are there. They all stand from their seat as he goes in front of them. Their managers are unable to visit because they are all busy with hiding the news from everyone about Chanyeol’s accident. They provide a pack of security instead like what they did from the first time the rapper was hospitalized.

            “Hyung.” D.O. worriedly calls him.

            “From now on, you boys will stay on our dorm.” He announces sternly looking all of them.

            “But, Hyung.” Chen hesitated to agree. None of them would approve this instruction.

            “Chanyeol should not see ANY of YOU. He can only do so if he really wanted to.” Since, when Luhan turn into a commander? “Let him heal that’s all I wishes to happen. No one should appeared on his eyes specially NO WOOBIN, NO KRIS— ” His gaze sees someone who had been missing for days. “And NO SUHO.  You hear me? None of you and them.”

           “Hyung, that is too much.” Baekhyun who is Chanyeol’s best friend cannot take this. “Do you plan to lock him with you?”

            “Yes.” Luhan does not mean to look the expressionless Sehun, shuns after then. “If that’s the only way he can forget the misery, I will.”

            EXO thinks this is ridiculous.

            “These are what you can do for now.” Luhan’s last message for all of them. “Be quite, pray and protect Chanyeol, let’s hope for a fast recovery to him.”

 

            Days pass that Luhan guards Chanyeol all this time. It is okay for him not to rest, to eat or to take a bath. As long as Chanyeol is safe, that is what he wishes. Whenever Chanyeol begins with his fidgety action as he wakes up, Luhan tranquilizes him with a bottle of water and sneakily, he puts a powder of sleeping peel along it.

 

            “Hyung.” Luhan shifted his gaze from observing the unconscious Chanyeol to the person who calls him. His face cannot be differentiated with a zombie, so pale and so dead.

            “Sehun?” He becomes vigilant again when their maknae enters Chanyeol’s room. The older stands up from his seat, preparing to block Sehun to whatever he tries to do.

            “I brought you some food and clothes.” The youngest gives him a huge paper bag. “You look so unhealthy.”

            Luhan shoves it away and shakes his head. “I’m ok, you don’t need to be bothered.”

            “How can’t I? Do you want your boyfriend to be mad at you appearing with that condition? Lu-Bab—”

            “Stop.” Luhan glares at him and he sighs on it.

            “Just please take care of yourself, if you don’t want me to be worried about you.” Sehun insisted with pushing this to the older. “Here, take it.”

            Luhan hisses and scratches his head before accepting Sehun’s item.

            “Go ahead and get clean.”

            “Sehun.”

            “I’ll take care of Hyung. I promise.” Luhan releases a deep breath, looking away and goes out of the room. He attempts to look back on them again, seeing Sehun with arms folded on his chest, sitting on the chair he used previously. “Hyung, what did I told you?”

            This is much nerve-wracking than taking care of Chanyeol.

            A few minutes later when Luhan leaves temporarily, Sehun feels thirsty all of a sudden. He cannot take it that he leaves Chanyeol alone his room and will buy something to drink in the vendo.

 

            Shortly, someone tall penetrates Chanyeol’s place. Woobin’s face with full of anxiety appears from the door.

            He himself cannot have a peaceful day without thinking about Chanyeol. He is happy seeing the boy is relaxed and comfortable. He deserves it, than seeing Chanyeol nearly dying.

            He sits at the edge of the bed, smiling and caresses Chanyeol’s face. He misses this. He is unable to control himself, about to kiss the boy not till the guardian returns.

            “What are you doing here?” Woobin’s lips are almost close to Chanyeol’s cheeks when Luhan fresh from the bath asked him.

            He turns back with an unsatisfied face to the Chinese singer, standing up from where he is sitting.

            “You jerk! How could you show your face here?” With the despise Luhan is feeling, his voice is high even he knows this will wake up Chanyeol.

            “I just want to see him.”

            “Whatever! I know everything you did to my brother. You shameless piece of crap!”

            “Luhan—”

            “Don’t call me with my name.”

 

            After a while, the door opens again as Sehun comes back from buying a drink.

            “Where did you go?” Before Luhan can complete his sermon, Sehun’s yogurt drink in the box falls and the maknae charges the man to the wall, pushing there. “Sehun!”

            Sehun is a person who is not a showman of his emotion. We said that before, right? This time it releases it again. The youngest punches Woobin's not-so-healed face from his fight with Kris.

            “Sehun, no!” Luhan’s cried awakens the slumbering patient. As his focus gets clear, he sees Woobin about to be beat up with their maknae.

            Woobin sees Chanyeol sits up from the bed that automatically a smile flashes on his lips. Luhan and Sehun wonder to his reaction, following where he is looking. They see Chanyeol’s scowling face before he curls up inside his blanket and hides inside.

            Chanyeol groans in it. The couple are switch on to get rid of the guy resourcing this behavior from Chanyeol.

            “You get out of here before we kill you! Get out!” Luhan shouted as he shoos the model away.

 

            Woobin does not want to go, but he guesses this is not the right time. Woobin disappointedly leaves them.

            Luhan and Sehun relax. Their next task is to ease Chanyeol’s frightened feeling.

 

~End~

 

A/N

 

Hello readers...

I'm so sad right but this won't stop me from writing...

Whatever happens please... Nevermind T_T