14th of November (Part II)

A Pet of Fate


            “Shopping! Shopping! Shopping!” Tao happily cheers while at the center of the mall’s floor. He stops and turns around to face the people he is with. “Sehun, come with me at that store.”

            “Sorry, I need to take my Baby to his favorite shop.” Tao’s hand pointing to the store he likes to go drop on his side, the same time he is blinking. Sehun romantically looks at the person his hand is intertwined on. Luhan smiles at him sweetly then glares to the youngest Chinese in just milliseconds.

            Tao gulps because the shorter is really scary with that stare. He understands; they still need to work on their missing time together. He glances on the glass-walled store again and he really wants to go there but he does not like to go alone.

            The two towers are with them laughing a little bit with the situation. This couple goes with their member’s at the shopping center after they talked to Kyuwan hours ago. Kris continues to chuckle is nudged by his younger lover, connecting together their unattached hands after that action. Chanyeol leans closer to his ear and whispers. Of what he said, Kris faintly moves away from him while eyes widen.

            “Are you sure?” He softly asked Chanyeol.

            The boy nods with his pouty-curve-lips. “Go on.”

            Kris face is disappointed, sighing and looking away from his lover. He gazes seriously at Tao, slowly removing his hand from Chanyeol to come closer to that maknae.

            “Tao!” The panda looking boy is about to turn his head when Kris called him; the tallest is too fast that he stops him from that in the way of hooking his wide arm to the younger’s neck. “Let’s go.”

            “Huh?” Tao almost cringes at him but his grip is too tight on the boy’s neck.

            Kris raises his eyebrow as they look at each other. “Don’t you want to me to go with you?”

            Tao avoids his gaze and blushing while there is an awkward smile on his lips.

            “Don’t be too choosy. Come on!” Kris looks at Chanyeol again before they march at the shop.

            The brown hair boy is watching them with a satisfied and relieved feeling to what he did. Not a moment later a hand touches his shoulder. He leans back, exhaling a light breath after learning who it is.

            “Do you want to go with us?” Luhan asked with a slight worry on his tone whilst Sehun is still lingering on his side. A bright face Chanyeol shakes his head responding to his offer.

            “No, Hyung.” He takes Luhan’s hand off from his shoulder and instead sways it playfully. “You two need time alone. I don’t want to be a third wheel, okay?” He assured his guardian.

            “Aw! My Chan is acting mature now.” Luhan with a pouting lips pinch both of his cheeks. Chanyeol does a tiny whine because of the older’s uncontrollable overwhelming feeling for him. Luhan later follows it with a suffocating hug.

            “Sehun!” Chanyeol getting pale asked help to Luhan’s boyfriend. However, the boy is just shaking his head in this situation.

            “Hey, Maam, enough of that.” Two shorter people take both of Luhan’s arm grasping the younger’s upper part away.

            “YAH!” Luhan is like a bleating infant when these pair, turning to be Baekhyun and Chen, snatch Chanyeol from him.

            “Don’t be too clingy to Chanyeol, Hyung.” Baekhyun said.

            “There are some people that do not like it.” Chen added.

            “Like me.”

            “And, me.”

           “Also, come on! If it’s not Kris-Hyung, it’s you.” Baekhyun complains matching the motion of his shoulder. “Please let we spend some time with this tall beagle for once.”

            “Alright!” Luhan rolls his eyes in surrender sticking to his boyfriend’s arm again. “Take care of him for me.”

            “Sure, Hyung.” The duo assures. Luhan snobs them and walks with Sehun on their way to favorite clothing brand.

            When they are gone, the two short beagles are jumpy as they drag Chanyeol to where they want to go. In the midst of their strolling, a group of huge men in black appear behind them out of the blue. Chanyeol leans back at those people, noticing they scattered themselves to each spot s entered to, some of them follows his team. However this is not something new, they have been with them since the day SM decides Chanyeol requires having protection.  It has been around 5 to 6 months ago.

            This is not only for Chanyeol, this large bouncers are for all s as well. The entertainment is thinking someday Chanyeol is not the only to experience what he used to have; making sure their money maker group cannot be harmed and taken away from them.

            Inside the mall, only seven members are there with their guards. The others decide to go somewhere else. Lay goes back to his hometown, Kai visits his family, the same as Xiumin and so as Suho. D.O., he has undergone a surgery to his feet due to a dance injury.

 

***

            If Chanyeol thinks of Suho in the present, he is like a person he used to know. The Korean Leader focus himself to become a more trustful and reliable head of their team. Even Chanyeol cannot easily forget what this man did to him, he always ask to treat Suho well. Due to the fact that he is unable to bring the faith he gave to this man before, it will take a long time before they will talk like the old times.

***

 

            “Ooh~ it feels like we’re the President’s children.” Baekhyun said giggling while he and Chen are chained with both joints of Chanyeol’s arms.

            “What are you saying? You really are delusional… Stop watching dramas!” Chen is complaining with a high tone, giving the two some nearly broken eardrums.

            As they are walking at the center of the hall, Chanyeol freezes after getting struck of the poster hanging in front of the pillar. He is shock; but, he should not show this reaction to his brothers, pretending to smile and these two do not notice, his hands slip off from them.

            Baekhyun and Chen wonder when he stops moving along them. They lean back, blinking at him with their puzzled thought.

            Chanyeol keeps his beaming lips, hands at his back, and acting like a shy high school girl.

            “You go ahead guys. I’ll be after you.” The two do not ask him anymore, continuing their walk to their aiming store. They create a conversation only for them, while doing that; Chanyeol gradually cannot capture their talk.

 

            In its place, he glances at the poster he sees previously above him. It is a huge image of the man he used to love. Kim Woo Bin.

            Chanyeol’s breath, heartbeat and body movement seems to slow. His face is flustered. He does not know what is going on with him. Flashes memories suddenly run to his mind, the compilation of  bittersweet moments he and Woobin engrave to their heart and soul.

            Is this Déjà Vu? Just because it is anniversary today of the time his innocence is fully stolen from him, does fate need to show Chanyeol the person who is responsible for that?

                It is still unclear for him, how did he fall to Woobin. That man is unpredictable and lot’s of surprises. Woobin is sometimes childlike with the sweet things he does to Chanyeol; opposite to it are his naughty activities with the boy and as if he is a professional to do those. In short, Kim Woobin or what he calls him Hyunjoong has a split personality.

            He can be as caring as he is and he can be as dangerous as he is. With this mischievous fact, Chanyeol is unaware getting lock to this chain of fate.

 

            Chanyeol is sadden when Woobin’s poster was taken down by the mall’s staff. It must be a long time that it was hanging there. Woobin has vanished for a while now. That star’s shine faded and that is because of him.

             “Missing him?” There is two long arms surround his hips, embracing firmly and sniffing the intoxicating scent on his neck.

            Chanyeol shakes his head while he puts his hands on top of Kris’ arms. “No.” And, he shortly answered. “I’m just feeling sorry about what happened to him. He supposed to be rising in fame right now.”

             “It’s his fault.” Kris whispers on his ear. “Those things are not gonna be done if he is not greedy enough to get you. He destroy himself, baby.”

                “I know… but…” A ring interrupted their conversation coming from Chanyeol’s phone. He takes it from his pocket and answers it. “Yes, Manager-Noona. Oh, what? Alright, we’ll be right there.”

                “What’s that about?” Kris rests his chin on Chanyeol’s shoulder while the boy puts his phone back to his pocket.

                “She said we should leave now because we need to prepare for the event that will be happening tonight.”

                “Is that so?” Kris then becomes excited, snuggling Chanyeol’s neck.

                “Hyung.”

                “This is our first ever joint project with just the two of us. It makes me so happy.”

                “Okay, I know. But, can you please not be so touchy with me right now? Because…” A pack of fans reveal themselves at the top floors, screaming like there is no tomorrow. “… a lot of fans are watching us.”

                After all, it is little to their supporters to know these two towers has a relationship.

 

                Somewhere at a huge tent in Seoul, an all-male fashion show is about to start. The concept of the event is formal, having Kris and Chanyeol ready to show their manly (?) image to the audiences with the suits they are wearing.

                “Boys, in any moment, you two are going up there.” Kim Junghwa told the couple while they are at the backstage. Wait, she’s back?

                Luhan requested for the said woman to return and handle her talent again. The management thinks this is a good idea since they are getting annoyed of the overdone intimacy of the couple. Other than having Chanyeol under her umbrella, Kris is also given to her so that it is easy to watch for the movement of these two. Now, Kris and Chanyeol gain another Luhan-like killjoy in the name of Kim Junghwa.

                Even they are feeling uneasy right now due to this female manager, the two starts being serious because in no time, they will show themselves in the center of everyone’s view.

                As the club-like music plays in the background, the models begin to ramp one by one on the cat walk. In every set of clothes that is done showing for the audience one of KrisYeol will be the one acting like a divider for every segment.

                They put on different kinds of suit until it comes to an end. The couple walks there at the same time holding hands in front of the public. This gains a lot of attention, not only with the spectators but also with the critics and press.

                Although this is embarrassing, it is good that Kris and Chanyeol can give a hint that they are for each other.

                The venue fills with the loud satisfied claps from the audiences. The designer, coordinators, staffs and models especially the couple is overwhelmed.

                In this celebrating atmosphere, Chanyeol who is proud and happy becomes expressionless when he saw someone familiar among the audiences.

                A man hiding in a baseball cap covered with thick strands of beards and mustaches towers the crowd with his height. Even he almost looks like a hermit; his sharp eyes are same from the person Chanyeol used to know.

                ‘Is that you, Kim Hyung Joong?’ The chocolate brown hair boy secretly leans closer to the suspected person’s direction. Woobin used to be his boyfriend and been having a very close interaction with the former actor, he has enough knowledge of every detail of his former lover’s facial features.

                The man notices Chanyeol’s gaze on him, he moves backward as he bends his head down and turns back on him. Chanyeol does not know but he wants to chase that person to verify if it is really Woobin, but he is too exposed in the open to do that.

                The fashion show is done and has an after party. All those times Chanyeol becomes silent, thinking deeply of what he just saw on the event.

                ‘I’m sure it’s him

 

                The next morning, 15th of November, Chanyeol is at the kitchen to grab a box of milk in the fridge when the phone inside his pocket rings.

                It is unregistered number.

                “C-Chanyeol.” The person on the other line said after he answered the phone.

                Chanyeol smirks.

                “I know you’ll call.”

 

~End~

A/N

 

Merry Christmas Lovelies!

 

 

Let me ask you again....

 

Are you Team Kris?

 

Or, are you Team Woobin?

 

I told you it's NOT ...

 

마지막으로 장...