Past

A Pet of Fate

 

            “Hi, we’re from SM Entertainment. Do you want to be part of our family?” A man from the two pair of scouts blocked a contestant from the 2008 Smart Model Contest.

            The boy in yellow school blazer grinned on them looking excited with his round eyes. He came in the backstage after the show was done with the bouquet of flower in his hands. It was normal for him to greet everybody politely whether strangers or not. He thought he will only passed this two after bowing to them.

            His lips were still smiling brightly as he nodded to their question. The male and female scouts exchanged look then like a fireworks exploding in the sky they could not hide how happy they were.

            “Here.” The woman provided him a pink calling card. “If you are interested with our offer call us so we can talk about this.”

            The boy nodded then bowed at them while showing his dimpled cheeks. He was looking at the card that was given to him carefully. It was like he was holding a special key that would open up the best opportunity he would have in his life.

            “What’s your name again?” The male scout asked.

            “I’m Park Chanyeol.”

 

            After a few days of thinking, he finally decided to give the agency a call and be one of their talents. The coordinator from that organization quickly set him up for a panel interview.

            “This is not going to be an audition.” The woman from the center of the five panels sternly said in front of Chanyeol. He looked so nervous, looking at this people, still plastered with a smile on his lips. “What we are going to do is to find out if you can be one of our stars by giving us sample or telling us what you can do. If you are unable to show us anything, we’ll automatically fail you right at this moment.”

            Chanyeol gulped to the explanation of the strictly looking woman. He kept on blinking his eyes in tension and blanked to what he was going to do.

            “Park Chanyeol-sshi.” The man from the right-most corner called his attention.

            “N-neh.”

            “What are your skills that you can do?” He asked calmly. Chanyeol could not look at him after that question.

            “I can… I can…” The woman next to the person in the middle tapped her palm on the desk, impatient to what this boy going to answer. “I can play instruments.”

            “What kind of instruments?” The man next to the woman in the center curiously asked, leaning his head closely to hear what Chanyeol was going to say.

            “I can play drums, guitar and piano.” The panels awed to his answer, amazed to his talents; except, for the woman at the center.

            “Can you sing?” She asked judgingly.

            “Yes, a little.” Chanyeol replied hesitantly.

            “Can you dance?” She seemed she was looking for a whole to Chanyeol’s identity.

            “I can… I guess.”

            “Alright.” The woman stood up from her seat to go near Chanyeol. She walked around the boy, looking at him seriously from his head to toe. She could see that this kid would be popular by just staring at his physical feature. “Go here tomorrow morning at exactly 8:00 AM for your first day of training.”

            Chanyeol could not hide the happiness to what this woman instructed him, jumping and clapping excitedly.

 

            A few days passed, happy-go-lucky Chanyeol gained a lot of friends and even a new girlfriend inside the entertainment. This was like a paradise for him because a lot of people like him. ‘He was a cool guy’ that was everyone kept on saying whenever he was mentioned to their conversation. Not until, someone will do more change to his youthful life.

 

            “Park Chanyeol-sshi.” One of the staff called him while he was walking at the corridor. The man gestured to follow him inside one of the practice room.

            “What is it, Ahjusshi? He wondered.

            “The management asked you to stop practicing your skills.”

            “What do you mean? The playing of instruments?” His brows furrowed in cluelessness that the staff answered with a nod. “Why?”

            “They said forming a rock band is not their focus in the meantime.” The staff explained. “They want to form a new boy group that can dance and sing at the same time.”

            “That’s not my forte.” Chanyeol muttered, saddened by the announcement from this man. The staff patted his shoulder since he could understand the boy’s feeling right now.

            “If you can learn both things, surely you will be the first member to be chosen for this new band that’s what they said.”

            “What’s my position then?”

            “You’re the rapper.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened looking at the staff as he heard that.

            “What?” He asked in shock.

            “You can beatbox, right?”

            “But—”

            “Come on, Park Chanyeol-sshi.” The man cheered firmly. “If you need help, I asked someone to teach how to be good in it.”

            “Who?” Chanyeol was uneasy due to the fact that it will contradict with his usual rock genre.

            “Me.” All of a sudden, he did not even notice, there is a person with them inside that room.

            “He is Han Kyuwan, your senior trainee.” The staff introduced a boy taller than Chanyeol. His hair had color than Chanyeol’s black one.

            The two boys bowed when they face each other.

            “Let’s do our best, Park Chanyeol-sshi.” He smiled with smoky eyes at Chanyeol (is that normal?) while reaching his hand to the younger for a shake.

            “Sure, Sunbaenim.” Chanyeol accepted his hand.

 

            After a week, Chanyeol tried to do what this senior taught him. It was so difficult. For a clearer pronunciation with the verses to the rap, he was asked to recite a bunch of tongue twisters. He always buckled with the words. If he was unable to complete one tongue twister he needed to repeat it again and again.

            “Aish! Hyung, I can’t do this anymore!” He complained while they were sitting in the center of the cold wooden floor from one of the practice room. It was just the two of them inside that place.

            The older laughed because of how cute his student whined in front of him. Chanyeol glared at him and pouted because of that.

            “Hyung!” He sulked.

            “Okay, okay. Sorry.” He petted Chanyeol’s lengthy black hair with his huge hands. “There’s another way and maybe easier for you.”

            Chanyeol wondered to what that would it be. Before he could ask that in his curiousity, Kyuwan held his head pulling him closer for a kiss.

            This is not Chanyeol’s first time; he had a lot of girlfriends that passed in his hands. However, this is his first kiss with a guy. His eyes became bigger in shock with this unexpected make out. Make out? He was spacing out that Kyuwan penetrates inside his mouth and played his tongue in the younger’s warm cavern.

            Before this ended up, the older kissed his now swollen lips.

            “Like that better, Chanyeol?” Kyuwan smirked at the boy who was right now looked like he lost his soul.

            Chanyeol tried to avoid that guy since that day. That just made him wanted to quit more and left this agency.

 

            The senior trainee approached him every day after that incident happened. Chanyeol never even came to SM Entertainment anymore; not even meeting his girlfriend there. He only goes to school and straightly go home.

            “Chanyeol. I’m sorry.” Kyuwan apologized on one of those days he stalked the younger. He constantly said the same thing whenever he did this, seemed not getting tired. Chanyeol on the other hand, just keep on ignoring him.

            Till, that day came…

 

            “Chanyeol, what do you want me to do for you to go back at the agency and train again? I promise I’ll leave you alone just please don’t waste the chance that you will be famous one day.”

            Air, it was like a wind that passed through his ear and came out. They were walking at the street creating a scene with Kyuwan’s loud monologue for him. He stopped because he felt that people been talking about them, glaring this person behind him.

            “I can’t return for the reason that they will still make me trained under your hands again. I’m sure of it!” Chanyeol informally spoke that in front of his senior.

            “Chanyeol, I’ll tell them to put someone than me to teach you.” He convinced.

            “No.” Simply giving him rejection to what he proposed.

            “Hey, what do we have here? A lover’s quarrel?” A group of delinquents interrupted their intense conversation out of the blue. With that, Chanyeol continued walking to his way home.

            Clash!

            The boy wearing his school uniform paused when he heard someone just collide with the wall beside him. He turned around seeing his senior already gripping one of those people’s collar and punching it continuously.

            The others tried to stop and beat him, unfortunately for them Kyuwan was so strong to handle. He took all of them kissing the dust. When these groups were all beaten up, he resumed in hitting the face of the one who insulted him and Chanyeol.

            “Hyung, STOP!” Chanyeol came closer at him crying. “Alright, I’ll train again! If you want, it will still be under your umbrella.”

            Kyuwan’s bloody hands released the gang member in his grasp and placed it on Chanyeol’s face to wipe his tears.

            “Thank you, Chanyeol.” He kissed the younger in his forehead and embraced him.

            What did this mean? Would Chanyeol let this person to do the same thing on him again?

 

            Yes, Chanyeol trained under Kyuwan’s supervision. He was not basically taught, also bribed him for intimate favors, but only with kissing.

            “Chanyeol, break up with your girlfriend.” Kyuwan instructed while the younger was lying on his shoulder. Both of them are resting their backs on the wall, sitting at the floor of their usual training room.

            Chanyeol glanced up at him.

            “I think there’s no need for you to continue your relationship since you now have me.”

            Chanyeol nodded and tomorrow he would certainly do what was told to him.

 

            His girlfriend did not take this bad news and left the entertainment with misery.

 

~End~

 

A/N

 

미안해...

게으른 받고 있어요...

사람들은  관심 읽지만 (-_-)

조용한 판독기... 조용한 판독기... 조용한 판독기...

아이씨...