Bathtub

A Pet of Fate

 

            One cloudy day of autumn, Kris has just finish with his solo schedule when heard a shout coming from the dorm.

            “CHANYEOL!” He is walking on the corridor outside their place.

            He knows something is going on inside. He runs and ends up near their bathroom where the rest of his band members watch something there. He sneaks in between his brothers to have a closer look of what is happening.

            Finding out that the boy who owns the name he heard is lying on floor with Suho, wet and weak, upper part is in the arms of the Korean Leader. The only thing he can see to Chanyeol is his right hand that is resting on bathroom’s cold tiles. It is because Suho’s back is what he can view.

            ‘What is going on?

 

            Three days ago…

            “They are coming.” Chen said while glimpsing outside the exit.

            “Boys, let’s do what Hyung told us.” Lay said as he leads s temporarily since the other elders are with Chanyeol.

            “What? But, I want to see Chanyeol-Hyung.” Tao whines.

            Chen sighs before he closes the door, going to the young Chinese, and puts his arms to around the boy’s shoulder.

             “Tao, not now.” He forbids. “If you really want that then be a good boy. Obey what we are asked to do.”

            They expect someone is going to enter the door from the outside but they unexpectedly know that this so soon.

            “Run!” D.O. instructed in panic.

            All of them go inside to their respective rooms, except Baekhyun and Tao.

            The two are Chanyeol and Xiumin’s roommates. They are advised to leave their room temporarily as their sick member needs space. Their oldest member is the only one who remains with Chanyeol. From now on, Xiumin will be his personal care taker. Baekhyun and Tao are asked to sleep in a different room and they are allowed to choose whoever they want to be with.

            “This is ridiculous.”

            “Sshhh, Tao.” Lay is getting annoy with their 3rd youngest.

 

            The door is completely open. Manager Im leads along with Manager Lee entering the dorm.

            “Welcome back, Chanyeol!” Manager Im cheerfully said.

            The center of their attention feels uncomfortable when he sets his feet on their floor. He does not know but it seems like he barges inside someone’s home.

            He examines the place. It is so empty and quiet. He is imagining s is waiting for his comeback, celebrating it with a bang. Unfortunately, it’s the opposite.

            “Where are the others?” Chanyeol softly asked wondering about this.

            “They have gone somewhere.” Luhan smiles at him.

            “Alright.” The boy continues walking to his room with Xiumin’s guidance. Luhan and Suho follows them, but Kris chooses to go to his own room instead.

            They leave their managers behind in the living room. When they know Chanyeol is inside his room, Manager Lee nudges his colleague the makes the latter surprised.

            “What?” Manager Lee whispers.

            “What are you thinking, HyunKyun?” Manager Lee tries to lower his voice but his irate tone is still there.

            “Hyung, I’m just following the doctor’s advice.”

            “What advice? Damn! It’s torture for the boys!”

            “What is this?” They hear Chanyeol’s complaint. The managers decide to go to their talent’s room.

            When Manager Lee sees the huge transformation to the rapper’s room, he covers his face with his palm.

            ‘It’s awful.

            The older manager never seen a room of a grown-up boy before that so childish like this.

            Chanyeol’s room turned into a day-care center. The wall is covered with Spongebob wallpaper. He had a number of plushies before but not so many like this. His bookshelf is full of children’s book especially Pororo. The whole place is so colorful, even his bed is affected with it. His lava lamp that used to be on his end table is replaced by a kiddie lampshade printed with animals turning around while melody is playing with it.

            “Do you like it, Chanyeol?” Suho is smiling at him nervously. The older pulls him going to his bed and sit at the edge of it together.

            “Look at Chanyeol’s reaction.” Manager Lee is already gritting his teeth to his younger fellow. “He looks unhappy.”

            “No, he is just amaze.”

            The older wants to beat Manager Im but they are in front of Chanyeol.

            “Hyung, no violence.” The younger manager reminded shakily.

            Manager Lee pulls the latter on his collar and takes it with him out of there.

            “Don’t mind them, Chanyeol.” Luhan who is already sitting on his other side pets his hair so the boy’s concentration is no longer on their managers.

            “But, Hyung?” He is like is going to lose his breath in any seconds. “What happen here?”

            Xiumin who is the only one standing goes in front of Chanyeol. “Boy, this is part of Reborn Treatment.”

            “It is what?”

            Reborn Treatment is the doctor’s cure to Chanyeol’s situation. In order to remove all the bad memories to the boy, Chanyeol should be treated like a new born baby. A child is innocent and needs to be guided by the adults. A child should be secure with happiness and knows only good things. In short, this is the way Chanyeol should be purified again.

            It is like how a hitman reborns into a baby. There is a manga like that, right?

            “Whatever you say is full of nonsense.” Manager Lee hisses while he is with his fellow back at the living room. He walks out of EXO’s dorm, angry.

            “Hyung!” The younger manager chases him.

 

            “I don’t like the character Reborn.” Chanyeol sulks in the other side of the wall. “He is so annoying.”

            Luhan chuckles worriedly, thinking he knew Chanyeol is a pretentious boy. It brings back memories when this younger male said Reborn’s character is so cute.

            “Reborn is not going to exist, Tsuna.” Xiumin is already back-hugging the boy assures. Tsuna? Since, when does Tsuna exist to EXO?

            “Are you sleepy, Tsuna? Take a rest now, we travel a long journey just to get here.” Luhan gently forces the boy to lie down on his bed (comforter colored in rainbow). Long Journey? But, the hospital is very close to their dorm. What are these boys saying? They go insane like their Im Hyunkyun.

            “Do you want me to read you a book to make fall asleep?” The second to the oldest offers him.

            “No.”

            “Here, Lulu. Read him Pororo!”

            “That’s great!”

            “I said, no.”

            “I know you’ll like it.”

            “Hyung.”

            While the other duo is like an excited parents taking care of their kid, Suho is just watching them. His face is confused of what is going on now.

            “Tell me this is a bad dream.” He prays.

 

            And so, whether Chanyeol likes it or not, he still needs to follow. Each day that passes, the boy is being monitored seriously by the trio. They are always there whenever he wakes up; he goes to the bathroom (not going with him inside). When he eats, the boys feed him. At night, before he sleeps, one of the boys read him children books.

            There is one evening; Suho is in-charge to be his reader. Chanyeol is lying on the older’s arm, facing the ceiling. He does not notice he falls asleep neither Suho. When the Korean leader learns it, he slowly takes his arm off Chanyeol’s head.

            ‘Such a cutie.’ Suho giggles quietly while looking his dongsaeng. Chanyeol is like an innocent baby sleeping, nothing to care in the world. After the older looks at the latter’s face, he unintentionally stares at the boy’s neck, then to his collarbone that shows a little underneath his shirt. The marks on Chanyeol’s skin is already gone, it’s flawless milky white again. Like a hungry man, Suho swallows his saliva that forming inside his mouth while looking the younger lasciviously.

            ‘Tasty’ God, what is he thinking?

            Suddenly, Chanyeol’s roommate enters the room. Suho quickly fixes himself, sits at the edge of the bed and covers his younger member the comforter.

            “Oh, Joonmyun.” Xiumin gazes at him. Suho faces his hyung nervously; after it, he smiles.

            “Hyung.” He chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck.

            Xiumin tilts his head to glimpse at the youngest in the room which is sleeping peacefully behind Suho,

            “Thank god, Chanyeol is already in his slumber.” Xiumin turns his back to unwrap his blanket from his bed.

            “Yeah.” Suho stands up and before walks away the bed, he glances to Chanyeol. “Hyung, I’ll be going to my room now.”

            Xiumin nods as he blinks innocently to his younger brother. “Ok.”

            Suho finally leaves.

 

            The next morning, Chanyeol is awakened by the noises he is hearing outside his room. Luckily, no one from the trio is there with him. There will be no one going to forbid him to check what is happening and say… “Where do you think you are going, young man?”

            ‘Phew.’ Just recollecting it makes him nervous.

            He silently glimpses outside, seeing the rest of s are there at the living room. They are all laughing, playing and in short having fun without him. That saddens this boy. Why he is not allowed to have interaction with them again? Why?

            It is because of the Reborn Treatment.

            ‘Damn that Reborn Treatment.’ He curses inside his mind.

            The boys are prohibited to have any contact with Chanyeol once he goes back to their dorm. Whenever their rapper shows up, they should make sure they will not cross line with him. They should hide. The only people that is immune with this rule is the four oldest. It is just that they become three because Kris does not bother not to talk with the boy. How cold hearted of him.

            The reason for the younger sides including Baekhyun and Lay to be not allowed to communicate with Chanyeol is due to a possible ambush interrogation to him. “They have a mindset of being a kid.” The doctor stated when they are still at the hospital. “It is possible that they carelessly ask Park Chanyeol-sshi about what happen to him.” They do not want that to happen. They are praying for Chanyeol’s energy to be back that is why they tag along with the doctor’s recommendation.

            Chanyeol understands how his hyungs and managers try to pursue this treatment. They give a lot of effort for it. He can see how his hyungs struggles whenever they take care of him. They are also against this but they still attempt to share their best to complete this.

            He closes the door because seeing s outside just breaks his heart. He is willing to follow his hyungs. So their effort of taking care of him will not get wasted. He rests his back on the door and just listens to their happy time.

            “Hey Guys!” Manager Noh Yongmin takes the boys’ attention as he enters their dorm. “I saw a bouquet of flower outside the door.”

            He is holding some red roses wrapped together in a classy hot pink cover. He gives it to one of them and that person is Kai.

            His other EXO members are curious like him, in this case circles him around.

            “Is it for all or for just one of us?” Baekhyun asked, tiptoeing because his other taller members are blocking his view.

            Kai’s finds if the flower has any dedication card. He found it, ready to read at everybody’s front for who it is for.

            “Chanyeol-Hyung.” His high-spirited expression fades away. The members feel the same, like a cold breeze passes through them.

            Xiumin and Luhan look at each other, worried.

            “Umm… Jongin, what does it says?” Suho chuckles nervously, trying to change the mood of his group.

            “Chanyeol, I want to taste you again. You’re so delicious and y.” Kai awkwardly reads such a vulgar note.

 

            Then silence is eaten them alive.

 

            Kai who has a short temper, throws the flower inside the trashcan and tears the white card angrily.

            “That ****ing bastard! Is it not enough to make us get separate from Hyung? Do you really want us to fall down from misery? What the hell is this?” He said the last sentence in English with his upset. He puts one of his feet in the trashcan stepping on the flowers inside it.

            “Kai!” Suho tries to stop him by hugging his back.

            While the others are watching the drama, the only manager in the dorm sobs.

            “Sorry.” He apologizes shamefully. “It’s my fault.”

            “No Hyung, it’s not.” Lay places his hand to their manager’s shoulder to cheer him up.

           Strangely, some other boys do not move to their sit when the scene is occurring. Sehun is sitting on the couch with Kris, head facing the floor. Kris is like an observer, viewing everything without any expression and just his face. Xiumin and Luhan are very behaved; they are sitting on the couch across the two.

            A lightning seems to strike Luhan, remembering those people are loud enough to be heard by their member they kept inside his room.

            “Sshhh!” He hushes loudly, perfectly stops all the disturb members.

            “Ohmona!” Xiumin looks like he realizes what Luhan just remember, standing up on their seat. Luhan does the same thing.

            “C-chanyeol?” The Chinese calls his dongsaeng as he is going to the bedroom.

            Xiumin follows him, anxious if the boy heard them or not. When they enter the room, relief is given to both of them. Chanyeol is lying on his bed with his eyes close.

            “Chanyeol is sleeping.” Xiumin whispers in his gladness.

            “Sshhh… yes.” The other person with him agrees. Contented, they leave the boy and close door discreetly.

            Little that they know, Chanyeol heard everything.

 

            The next day Luhan and Xiumin are invited to watch a soccer game live in the arena. They leave Chanyeol in Suho’s hands.

            Suho is busy with his laptop, being not aware Chanyeol is about to leave his room.

            “Where are you going?” He asked, strictly looking at the taller. Chanyeol’s body trembles. He turns back to the person sitting on his desk.

            “I want to soak my body in warm water.” He answers.

            “I see.” Suho nods at him. Suddenly, something comes to his mind, when he thinks Chanyeol is taking a bath, getting wet

            “Hyung?” Chanyeol returns him to reality.

            “Yes, you can go ahead.”

            Chanyeol curves his lips before opening the door. “Thanks, Hyung.”

            Wait, is that a smile? This is the first time Suho sees the boy smile again. He is so happy.

 

            When Chanyeol goes out, accidentally meets Sehun outside. The youngest is on his way to the kitchen when they encountered each other. Both of them are surprise to see one another again. Sehun wants to step back. However, he cannot leave his hyung that seems to long for him and the members.

            “Sehun.” Chanyeol calls him. The taller pets his maknae’s hair while showing off a kind smile. “Luhan-Hyung said you are the one who carried me to the hospital along with him.”

            “Yes.” Sehun awkwardly chuckles; shy that he avoids his hyung’s eye contacts.

             Chanyeol then continues his walk to the bathroom.

 

            Minutes later or can be hours, Luhan and Xiumin are back. The two straightly goes to Chanyeol’s bedroom, both holding cheering balloon sticks.

            “Chanyeol, we brought something for you!” Xiumin excitedly said when he opened the door.

            The only person they found there is Suho busy with his laptop.

            “Umm… Where’s our Chanyeol?” Luhan seriously looks the younger man. Suho is alarmed of the nerve-wrecking aura Luhan is providing.

            “He’s at the bathroom.” He blinks, responding to his Hyung’s question.

            “You leave him there, alone? How long has it been since he was gone?” Luhan continues his interrogation.

            Suho is just calm because Chanyeol loves cleaning himself. He takes half an hour to finish his bath.

            “Hold on” Suho stands from the desk, heart beating faster when he analizes that Chanyeol has been there for more than an hour. He rushes to the bathroom. His two hyungs follow him. They knew they should have not leave Chanyeol in Suho’s care.

            “Chanyeol!” Suho shouted, knocking hardly to the bathroom’s door. “Chanyeol, open up!”

            “You idiot!” Luhan meanly said to him, joining Suho on knocking. This is not getting good. Chanyeol is not replying. “Move away! Minseok!”

            Xiumin goes in front of the door when Luhan and Suho stay away from it. He pushes the door with his body forcefully. He also tries kicking it. Or, do both alternately. Fortunately, the members go out from their rooms as they heard their panicking hyungs. Kai, Sehun and Tao help Xiumin and push the door with him. After few tries, the door finally opens.

            “Chanyeol!” Suho hurriedly runs inside the bathroom. He gasps, seeing Chanyeol’s fully-cloth-body drowned under the bathtub’s water.

            “No!” Luhan cried, could not believe of Suho’s mistake.

             “Chanyeol! Chanyeol!” The Korean Leader called the boy’s name when he lifted him out of the bathtub. They dramtically falls down the floor. “Chanyeol, please!”

           He is quivering after he puts the boy’s head to his arms. He shakes him up just bring the boy back to his consciousness. However, it is not working. How could he be called a guardian if something like this will happen in his supervision? He is useless, that is what he is thinking right now. But, he cannot let this to happen. There’s still a way.

            He thinks to do a CPR to Chanyeol. Even this will show his true self, he does not care anymore. This is for Chanyeol’s sake, his Chanyeol.

            Before he prepares for what he is going to do, the boy’s doe like eyes open.

            “C-chanyeol!” He said in celebration. He cannot contain his happiness seeing the boy is alive in his own eyes.

            “Hyung?” The rapper weakly asks, wondering why he is still living.

            He unexpects that he will be hugged by older tightly. “Chanyeol.” He will lose his breath again if Suho continues this so the boy releases him. “Don’t you do that again! You don’t know how huge the impact if you die to us.”

            Chanyeol smiles in his frail condition and nods. “Okay, hyung.”

            Luhan goes down with them, replacing Suho in embracing the boy. Xiumin envies them that do the same as well.

            While the boys are relief of the incident, Kris moves back glaring at Chanyeol.

            ‘Such an attention seeker.

 

***

 

            Somewhere in a dark room, a person is browsing Naver in his laptop.

 

EXO members spotted inside the hospital

Missing-in-Action Chanyeol is possible to be there confined

 

            The man smirks as he reads the headline.

            “Please recover quickly, my boy.”

 

~End~

 

A/N

 

I guess this is the longest chapter...

Congrats to my boys; yet, I want more than that.