Orange Juice

A Pet of Fate

 

            “If there is anyone who wants to be reborn as a girl in their next life, come one step forward.

            The MC asked all the contestants of the Cross-dressing Competition at Hyundae High School. All of the kids moved forward without hesitation, making all female audiences screamed.

            Everyone answered the question confidently. When it’s the turn for the boy wearing a yellow top to response, the shriek became more louder.

            “I want to marry a guy who looks just like me.

           Everyone was surprise of that answer coming from that boy.      

            “Are you crazy?

            “Are you crazy?

          The entire hall was shouting the same question. It was echoing to his ear but his smile was still plastered on his lips.

            The place suddenly became dark. Instead of hearing people panic about it, silence was the only response.

           The lights were back again, but the audiences, the contestants and the MC were no longer there. It was only him, only Park Chanyeol.

            The mirror in his hand dropped to the floor because of shock. His widen-doe-like-eyes tried to search for any human beings inside that hall. Unfortunately, no one was with him anymore.

            “Someone like you?” A baritone voice coming out of nowhere asked him.

            He turned around, taking a chance to see if the speaker was behind him. No, there was no one at his back.

            He faced the front of the stage again as his heartbeat was getting faster and louder.

            All of a sudden, there was a pair of huge pale arms wrapped around him. When the arms was released its grasp on him, a leather collar was already hanging on his giraffe like neck.

            “You’ll be mine and no one will have you.

 

            Gasps, Chanyeol’s eyes open in fright. He learns that the whole thing is only a dream.

            “You okay?” Luhan asks. He is the person sitting beside him.

            Inside a van, Chanyeol and the rest of EXO members are going to Mnet for a guesting in one of the shows.

            Chanyeol slowly nods whilst smiling tiredly at the other. Sehun who is beside Luhan petted his chestnut hair.

            “Aish, Sehun.”

           He is about to hit the youngest but interrupted by the laughter behind them. He glances there, remembering Chen, Tao and Kris are just right at the back. The rest with them in the vehicle are staffs and a manager. The other half of the team is in the other van.

            “Kids, we’re almost near.” The manager tells them.

            When the car parks in front of the building, a lot of fans are waiting for their arrival. The boys are smiling at them as they rush getting inside the station.

            All of them are wearing the white costume with the wolf picture printed on it, although their promotion for the XOXO album is done and they will prepare their comeback for next month.

            “You stay here.” Their manager says to them while they are all standing at the corridor.

            They find a couple of benches there that they can sit on. As they wait, the boys do some random things like killing their time with chitchat and getting busy with their phones. Chanyeol, on the other hand, stands from the bench, that gets his friend Baekhyun's attention.

            Chanyeol grins at him saying. “I’ll just get something to drink.”

            Baekhyun will like to come along but before he can join the taller, their manager has returned.

         The boy with a baseball cap hisses in disappointment. As his focus transfer to their their manager, he is unable to notice Chanyeol already left his side. He becomes aware of it but he hears his team starts moving to their assigned room.

            He wants to look for Chanyeol, but thinking he may get lost too, he follows the team instead.

 

      Chanyeol, where are you?

 

            He types on his phone then sends to the boy that is younger in months than him. 

 

            After a few minutes Chanyeol comes back to where they stop at. He misses his team’s departure.

            “Where did they go?” He asks himself.

            He turns around like a lost puppy and takes out his phone from his pocket to text them. Unexpectedly, a pair of passing guys stops him to his action.

            “You’re from EXO, right?” A middle-aged man asked him.

            Chanyeol nods quickly. He cannot help but to shift his look to the tall person behind the man that asks him. His sight goes back to the ahjussi wryly.

            “Have you seen my group? I just bought this drink but they already left me behind.” Randomly, Chanyeol shows them the canned orange juice he bought.

            “We haven’t.” The man says while shaking his head a little, making Chanyeol sighs. “But if you want, you can join us in Woobin’s waiting room and tell them to pick you up there.”

            Chanyeol smiles widely. He thinks that is a good idea, his energy will also not be wasted finding them. He nods cheerfully. Because of that, the middle-aged man that he assumes a manager laughs at him.

            “Isn’t he cute, Woobin-sshi?”

            The model-turn-actor agrees to the older and continue their walk, this time with Chanyeol. The boy talks a little more with the ahjussi as they move on. In that happy action, he is not aware someowhat like a hungry wolf is waiting to attack him at anytime.

 

            A few distance away the benches he and his group sat on, they arrive at Woobin's waiting room.

           “Stay right here, Chanyeol.” The Manager assured. “I’m going to tell the staff that you are here.”

            “Thanks.” The boy politely says and bows.

          The kind ahjussi then leaves the two alone. The actor, who is both taller and older than him, offers him a seat among the chairs. Chanyeol accepts it, bowing at him like what he did to the manager. They sit and stay silent as they wait for the other company to come back.

          As Chanyeol roams his innocent looking eyes to the room, they land looking to the actor. Woobin is wearing a navy blue blazer with an inner white statement shirt saying ‘I’ll take you to dreamland’, a black skinny pants, and a pair of good looking brown shoes. Chanyeol cannot ignore the fact that he really looks cool wearing that outfit.

            He makes an eye contact with the actor, realizing he has been looking at him the whole time. He sits on the chair across EXO’s rapper as his eyes are steadily focus at the boy.

            Chanyeol averts his eyes and gets himself busy with his phone and drinks. He has no plan talking to him.

            “What are you doing here with your band?” Woobin asks. The smile on his face is sincere, not the fake one Chanyeol is thinking.

            “There’s a meeting between the station and our entertainment regarding our upcoming comeback.” Chanyeol politely answers, still, busy with his phone. “We are also going to have a short interview after.”

            “Oh, you’re going back?” The Actor seems to be surprise, but just a little. “That’s nice.”

            “What about you?” Chanyeol asked.

            “It’s MCountdown today.”

            “Oh, yeah.” Chanyeol looks at him shortly then back to his phone. He remembers that 2 weeks after his MC-ing, the model becomes the permanent host.

            Following that talk is another wave of quietness. Both of them think that is enough.

            “I always watch the show when I have free time before, I had a chance to see you MC-ing. You’re so good in it.”

            Chanyeol snorts before he laughs awkwardly to what Woobin said.

            “Thank you.” But, that’s just it. He does not want to talk with him as much as possible.

 

      Baekhyun, I’m with Kim Woobin. He’s so tall but he’s not that good looking at all.

 

            He sends that message to his friend. Doing that, he notices Baekhyun has a text to him.

            “I didn't know.

 

~End~