EXO's Kris 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by JontheBlock

-A oneshot for Kris with Choi Jaekyung, his girlfriend, who died a year ago. They were together since college but Jaekyung was diagnosed with brain tumor after their graduation. Kris was reminiscing on past events that happened when she was still alive. Sad.

Walking out of his office, Kris loosened his tie and nodded once in a while whenever he saw his employees walking in and out of the company. Kris let his eyes wander around the surrounding in front of his company, the air today was a little too cold for his likings, but he had another meeting to attend, and being a director of Choiwoo Corp., Kris couldn’t just not go because he hated the weather.

“Gege !”

His attention went back to the voice behind him. Tao was his bestfriend ever since they were in college. The younger boy was not only a good friend of him but also an important brother of his love. Choi Jaekyung. Zitao was Jaekyung’s younger counsin. His mother was Jaekyung’s mother’s twin. While he had a Chinese father, Jaekyung’s father was a normal Korean man.

Tao skipped to Kris with his trademark childish smile, despite his status as the co-director of that big company behind his back. “Can you drive me to the meeting ? My car ran out of fuel !”, he cried out, his arms swung around to show how much an annoying the situation he was in now.

Kris pressed his lips into a thin line. He was not annoyed with Tao at all. He loved the younger friend just as much as he loved his sister. Even though Jaekyung was unfortunately taken away from him by the angels a year ago, he had never stopped loving her.

“Stop swinging your arms around while talking like that, Tao”, he grunted and poked Tao’s forehead away. He entered his car and waited for Tao to go inside.

Tao scoffed as soon as he sat properly in the passenger seat. “Ge, you should stop thinking of Jaekyung noona whenever you look at me”

“Kris, you should stop thinking of a little pig whenever you look at me”

Kris broke into a bitter chuckle. “You two are really alike”

Tao sighed, he hated seeing Kris being all sad and emotional because of his sister. Tao loved Jaekyung a lots, to the point that he refused to eat for a week after Jaekyung’s death due to brain tumor. But Tao learned to move on, he was sure that Jaekyung would haunt him if he kept mourning over her death.

“It’s been over a year already, Kris ge. You should move on …”

“Kris-ah, promise me one thing”

“Anything for you, baby”

“You will find another girl after I am gone. A girl who can love you more than I can”

“I can’t. There is no one for me but her”, Kris admitted silently. He couldn’t move on. Even though as a director, he must meet a lot of people, there are a few ladies who took interest in him. But whenever he thought of going out with another girl, an image of Jaekyung’s bright smile flashed inside his mind and weakened his heart.

Jaekyung waited for her boyfriend in front of his office for an hour already. She had asked Tao to keep a secret to Kris about her being here. Even though this company was a cooperation between two families, Jaekyung wasn’t interested in business enough to work here. She loved to draw, and was slowly becoming an artist.

Today was their 5th anniversary and Jaekyung was sure that Kris had forgotten about it. He was too busy for her these days, but being together ever since college taught her how to be patient with Kris. As long as she knew that he was still loving her.

“Noona !”, Tao hissed in her ear when he walked out of Kris’s office. Jaekyung grinned, holding up a box of cake and a box of fried chicken, “I bought chicken for you, kiddo”.

Tao happily took the chicken box and winked at the door to Kris’s office. “He is inside alone. Come on, surprise the moody man”. Chuckling, Jaekyung pecked Tao’s cheek sweetly before pushing herself into Kris’s room.

“Tao, I told you to leave me alon- Baby ?”, Kris immediately stood up and approached a smiling Jaekyung. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in for a long kiss. He had been missing doing this with her these days.

Breaking the kiss after running out of breath, Jaekyung planted a chaste smooch on Kris’s nose when the boy pressed his forehead against hers. “I miss you, baby”, he whispered huskily, his eyes looked straight into hers and he could feel his inside swell with happiness.

“I miss you too, giant. You have been neglected me for days, you know ?”, Jaekyung poked his chest, acting like she was really mad. She squealed lightly when he scooped her up and put her on his desk, pressing himself tightly against her as his lips found their way to her jaw and kissed around it.

“What about me making up for it ?”, his teasing and alluring voice sent shudder down Jaekyung’s spine. She would love to love him and wake up in the morning with him next to her like they used to be, but she was not here that day to do that. She was here to celebrate their anniversary.

“Kris, today is 12th June”. Her hands went to his chest to push him back a little.

Kris blinked, his mind started working on what his ears had heard and a second later, his lips let out a gasp. “Oh my god ! Baby, I’m sorry ! I totally remember putting my phone on reminding mode !”, he looked convincingly guilty and Jaekyung had no heart to get mad at him. She had known that he forgot anyway.

“No biggie, I brought cake and we still can celebrate right now”, she pecked his lips quickly before showing him the cake. Kris softened, he sure had the best girl in his arms right now. “We should go to our favorite food store to celebrate this day”, he suggested, he really wanted to at least make this day awesome for his best girlfriend.

“You have a meeting after an hour. It’s okay, we will make this quick and I will leave soon”, she put candles onto the cake and a light, putting those candles on twinkling golden light.

Kris felt his heart tightened, he was a bad boyfriend for forgetting about their anniversary and still couldn’t make time for her after knowing about it. “I promise to clear my schedule tomorrow and we can go to that paintings exhibition”, he hugged her from behind and pressed his lips against her temper, he watched her lips curved up into a smile and also smiled himself.

Jaekyung held the cake up with both hands and aimed it in front of her face, where Kris was placing his own head next to. She looked back to meet lips with him before they both blew the candles. “Happy 5th anniversary !”, Jaekyung giggled when Kris kissed her neck.

“Ge, we will miss Chingu Company if you keep your mind away like that”

Tao’s voice snapped him out of his train of

Please log in to read the full chapter