EXO's Chen 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by Greenpearl

Name: Han Soori
Member: Chen
Genre: Fluff, Romcom
Plot: Han Soori - the shy girl is always being teased by her classmate Chen. One day, it goes to an extent that she couldn't take it anymore and run up to the roof crying. From that day, Soori became really dull and Chen tries to cheer her up in many different ways. Will it work? Would there real feelings for each other show up?

 

“Soori, can you tell your classmates how your summer was ?”, their homeroom teacher smiled encouragingly, he was one of the nicest teachers they had in Seoul High. He was caring and observant, he knew whose confidence needed to be push up and whose price needed to be push down.

And in this case, Han Soori’s confidence needed to be encouraged more than anyone else. She was such a shy girl that even her teachers found an urge to protect her every time they looked at her. She was out of the targets of bullies too, it’s still funny to talk about it, but because Soori was just so shy that none of the bullies wanted to pick on her either.

Soori’s eyes slightly enlarged, the pen she was holding onto dropped against the desk surface with a soft knock. Soori her lips nervously. Her teacher had been called up a few students up till now, she was like the seventh student and she had no reason to say no.

“O-Okay”

Her classmates turned their heads to give her small smiles of encouragement. “You’re good, Soori, be confident”, one of the nice classmates smiled sweetly and touched her arm when she made tiny steps in front of the whole class.

“My summer was fine”, Soori began in small voice, timidly looked down instead of in her friends’ eyes.

A few of her classmates, who were known as troublemakers also kept silent, allowing her to feel less stress and continued with her talk. Soori gained enough confidence to peek up at her friends, her heart fluttered at the sight of their smiling faces.

“Can you give us more detail ?”, the teacher placed his warm hand slightly on her wrist, a gesture to help her be more relax.

“Um, I spent my summer-“

“You have no friend so obviously you would spend your summer staying alone at home, burying your face into homework, books, or dramas. An anti-social girl like you could never do anything better than those”

An unique tone of voice chimed out of nowhere, taking all of the students and even teacher dumbfounded. Soori dared herself to look up finding the owner of the voice. Her expression flattened. Of course, it has to be Kim Jongdae to ruin my school life.

“Kim Jongdae, you are not even in this class”, the teacher raised his voice. Chen was sitting on Soori’s seat comfortably, resting his chin on his palm with a teasing expression.

“I happened to pass by here while little Soori is having a big talk. I decided to drop by to give a little shout out to my little Soori”, Chen tilted his head and lifted his lips up into his trademark smile, which looked like a cat.

Soori bit her lips. What Chen was saying was not even close to half the truth. He just wanted to and embarrass her in front of her whole class. She didn’t know when and why Chen started following her around and made everything she did bigger than what it really was.

And Han Soori might be really shy, she did know how to be annoyed and mad at stupid people. In this case, Kim Jongdae was an annoying person and Han Soori was beyond mad at him.

Soori kept her head low, tears started to gather inside her eyes. She was scolding herself for crying over what Chen did. He didn’t worth her tears. But it seemed like whatever he did affected her a lot. He was one of the popular boys in school, and he teasing her gave a bad impression of people over her.

Chen chuckled, raising his arm up and pointing straightly at Soori. “You cry, little Soori ? Aw, you always cry because of me. It flatters me, you know ?”

“Kim Jong Dae. Get out of my class, right now”

Chen looked lazily at the teacher, his smile dropped a little. But a hint of joking was still visible on his lips. He caught her classmates giving him angry looks, they were rather protective over their shy Han Soori. And Chen had gone too far by crashing onto their classroom and embarrassed Soori like that.

“I’m outta here now. Sheesh, you all look like her parents”, Chen tucked his hands into his jacket’s pockets and walked out, laughing slightly at Soori’s expression. She was flustered in anger, but the way her cheeks flamed up because of him made him happy.

 

***

 

A few days later, everything remained the same. Chen would find Soori around school and about this and that. From the smallest thing like calling her names, or slapping her back out of nowhere, or kicking her legs while she was walking, or smacking down a pile of books she was bringing to the library, to the bigger things like walking in while she was inside the female restroom, or spilling water all over her lunch which resulted in her skipping meal that day.

Chen was worse than the real bullies. If those bullies hurted people by giving them physical pain, Chen made sure to always make Soori suffer from his little tricks, and in that way, it’s require more patience and a strong-head to put up with him.

“Little Soori !”

Soori held her breath. Whenever that voice appeared, calling her like that, always meant trouble was in the house waiting for her.

“Good morning, Jongdae”, Soori muttered. She used to call him by his real name without any formality. She had tried to call him Chen or Jongdae-ssi, but she failed miserably after all the tries. They were classmates since grade 3, and they were comfortably calling each other name before. Time passed, Chen was becoming more annoying, yet Soori couldn’t find herself hating him enough to not acknowledge him.

“You’re actually late today ?”, Chen laughed, holding his phone out to show her the time. It still had 30 minutes before school started, and Soori was an early bird, she usually went to school at least 4

Please log in to read the full chapter