B.A.P's Zelo 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by ChunsaAngel21

Member: BAP Zelo
Name : Choi Lyra
Genre: slight angst romance
Plot: Zelo has feelings for Lyra ever since they were children. Zelo is avoiding her recently, even her gaze but what happens if Lyra will leaving South Korea to Philippines for her study. Will Zelo confess his feelings for her?

 

I have never regretted doing something like how I am right now.

Being a senior boy in high school and have been living 18 years long with loving parents, a group of dorky friends and a shy neighbor was just enough for me to survive for the rest of my life.

But nope.

Everything just had to change so dramatically last night.

Lemme tell you the story of last night, which had just kicked my heart and made it realize how much I had fallen for this girl-next-door, who is also my really close childhood friend.

So everything began when Himchan hyung informed us all about the Senior Prom Night. I am never a fan of partying, even tea party is not in my dictionary. I hate being trapped inside a formal black suit, wearing tie and styling your hair in the most ridiculous way. I love having my hair down and fluffy, what’s so wrong with wearing it to a party ?

So yeah, Himchan hyung said that all the senior students had to attend that party with a date. Like seriously, how could a free boy like me find a date within a few days for a meaningless party ?

I watched as my other hyungs either asking their girlfriends or classmates or even hoobaes to be their dates with a carefree attitude. I didn’t need a girl !

And that’s exactly what I did. I turned down all the offers to be their dates and came to the party all alone, with my normal baggy clothes and a hip-hop snapback. I stood out so much last night, everyone at least had given me a look out of surprise but yeah, I don’t care.

The thing is, I received more than ten offers to go together, and in those offers, my shy neighbor Choi Lyza also surprised me by knocking on my door and asked me on the spot if I wanted to go with her to the party.

I was surprised, of course, and I even thought of giving up on my stubborn self and accepting her offer. I mean, this is Choi Lyza we are talking about, she is really shy ! It took me a year to talk to her normally without hearing her shuttering and blushing all the time.

But my stubbornness won the fight and I rejected her without missing a beat. I swore I saw disappointment crossing her eyes but I didn’t give so much thought about that. If she didn’t go with me, she still had another friend to ask out. Choi Junhong myself would just go there and watch my friends.

And that’s where I was wrong.

I did go there. And Lyza did go with another boy, which was obviously not me. And as far as I knew, that bastard was Jeon Jungkook, an ace member in the soccer team. Heck, I knew him so well, he seemed to hate me for no reason. Actually, YoungJae hyung said that he hated me because I was an ace of basketball team. But isn’t it stupid ? Soccer and basketball are two different worlds.

I was still normal for the half of the party. But when the dancing session began, I had an eyeful of that bastard Jungkook having skinship with my Lyza. No, I mean, Lyza, my neighbor.

She looked really uncomfortable dancing with him, as his arms were around her waist and he just pressed himself in too close for both my and Lyza’s likings. She is freaking shy around guys !

I was so restless for three songs they danced together, and just when Lyza excused herself for a re-touch, I finally could breath. I didn’t know what had gotten into me but I found myself bringing her favorite cocktail and looked for her around the ballroom. She could either be with her group of girlfriends or alone by the sweet bar. But the reality I found was that Jungkook had brought her out to the balcony and as I was worried sick, I looked for her there only to see that bastard confessing to her and kissing her on the cheek.

That did the trick and my heart hurt so much that when I told Daehyun hyung about it, he laughed in my face and freaking told me that I love her.

I ignored him thinking that a jokester like Daehyun hyung would only play with my feeling. I tried to make sure and asked Jongup hyung, who only grinned and shook his head saying he didn’t know and guessed that I might have a heart-cancer. What the hell ?

Youngjae hyung and Himchan hyung teased me for forever before exclaiming that I might like Lyza more than just a friend. And the thought that Daehyun hyung joking was not that believable after that.

The only hyung that I always trust is Yongguk hyung and I decided to ask him to make sure that none of my friends were playing with me. And after calmly listening to my story, Yongguk hyung patted my head and told me with his father smile that I really did fall for Lyza’s charm.

And you know what ? I believed in Yongguk hyung so here I am, getting all awkward and shy and stupidly blushing whenever Lyza is in my eyesight.

That results in three weeks and two days avoiding Lyza with all cost.

I started to hate myself for being such a coward. I miss her. I miss seeing her early in the morning when I step out of my house and she would be waiting by her door for me. I miss walking her to school with small talk exchanged between us. I miss seeing her blush and smile shyly at me whenever I compliment her hair or her clothes that day.

Just now that I realized I have been falling for my shy neighbor and have lost a change to be her date and maybe, just maybe taking a huge step to be her boyfriend. That stupid bastard Jeon Jungkook might have been laughing at me for giving him that opportunity to court Lyza.

Please log in to read the full chapter