B1A4's Gongchan 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a gift for my friend, BanaWarrior

I love you, dude ~

Gongchan was placed into a situation which he didn’t know how to describe it.

A blind date, it’s just that, their parents were there with them too.

Being the only son of the Gong Group, Gongchan had been going on blind dates ever since he turned sixteen. He had met up with the daughter of KIA Group, or Samsung Group, or LG Group. And he had to admit that those ladies were worth his time for a date. At least they were truly beauties, they had manners and they were interested in talking alone instead of asking for him to talk.

And this was like his 36th blind date. He was called out of school by his mom, asking him to come immediately to one of their five-star restaurants for dinner. Just by that, Gongchan allowed himself to dress up in a suit, because his parents only called him out for dinner every time they set him up with someone’s daughter.

By the time he got to the table where his mom directed him to, his eyes enlarged double their actual size.

Firstly , because his parents were sitting comfortably there and were all dressed up formally.

Secondly, his date was Ahn Saeri – that weird girl in his class. Gongchan didn’t mean to know of her, as he would use his life to avoid getting into any kind of relationship with that girl, he was too unlucky to be put in the same class with her for 6 years straight. As much as you hated someone, you just couldn’t ignore their name.

*Ahn Saeri, what the freaking hell ? No freaking way I am seeing her on a blind date !*, Gongchan stared at the table which were occupied by five people, his parents, her parents, and her. His legs were about to lead him out of the restaurant when that voice yelled his name.

“GONG CHAN SHIK !”

*And no freaking way Ahn Saeri is calling me right now*, hi eyes shut and he gulped down a stupid plum in his throat. Putting on a fakest smile he could muster up, Gongchan turned his full body and to them. “Sorry, I am late”, he bowed to his parents’ guests and calmly sat himself down on a seat opposite from his nightmare.

Mr and Mrs. Ahn chuckled at him, they seemed to like him at the first sight already. “Your son is so handsome, and has good manner”, Mrs. Ahn praised sweetly. She seemed to be a nice woman.

*I wonder where the hell that girl has her personality from*, Gongchan screamed inside his mind. But outside, he kept his posture, sipping gently on a cup of water.

“Gongchan !”

PLEEEEWWW

Gongchan spat out water when Saeri slapped her hand on the table while calling his name in the most high-pitched voice. “Sorry-y”, Gongchan wiped his mouth and secretly glared at Saeri as the girl also had water all over her face.

“Son, where is your manner ?!”, his father roared over the table. Gongchan politely bowed his head, still not showing that he didn’t give a care about him spitting water over her face. *She ate up my manner*

“I’M OKAY !”, Saeri cheerfully spoke. She wiped her face with the back of her hand casually and gave Gongchan her silliest grin. “Gongchanie was shocked because I called his name. It’s good to have him spraying water at me though ! The weater is hot today anyway !”, she beamed and flashed his father her smile. Mr. Gong smiled back at her and turned to continue his conversation with her father.

Gongchan sneered under his breath. *Is she crazy ? She loves having my spit on her face ? What ?!*

“Gongchan ! I can’t believe my blind date is you !”, Saeri stretched her arm out and grinned, showing her teeth at him.

Gongchan’s lips lifted up into a tight smile, “I can’t believe it, either”. Well, he was being truthful while saying that.

Saeri stabbed her steak, pulled up a big piece and stuffed it inside in one go. “Yumm, your family restaurant made such good steak !”, she continued stuffing in a few pieces of slide potatoes, along with a piece of tiny tomato. “My dad should ask for your recipe to serve this menu at my family hotels. Those chefs at my hotel-chain at cooking !”. was really full, he could see inside while she spoke so comfortably like that.

Gongchan made a face of disgust. *Is she really the heiress of Ahn Hotels ? What kind of girl eats all things at the same time and speaks with mouthful like her ? And, she is talking bad things about their chefs ? Oh god*. He looked down at his dish of steak, suddenly, his appetite was gone just by looking at her.

This was what Gongchan hated about Ahn Saeri. She was talkative. She talked nonsense. She was ignorant. She was stupid. She was boyish. She was everything a girl shouldn’t be like.

“Do you know why they call grilled beef meat steak ?”, she suddenly asked him. Looking confusedly at her own piece of steak. If she was not asking nonsense, he could have say that she looked cute doing that.

“Eh, no”, Gongchan rolled his eyes. “Do you know ?”

“Nope. That’s why I asked you. That’s weird, huh ? They should have just stick with beef meat instead of giving it another name. So confusing”, she pouted while staring her steak up and down. “Anyway, this is delicious !”, and she slammed that giant piece of beef meat inside .

Gongchan cringed in disbelief. *You are weirdly confusing, actually*

Her mom slapped her head, causing Saeri to choke and coughed loudly. The steak that was inside flew out and landed on his plate. Gongchan closed his eyes to control his tempers. This was getting over his patience.

“You don’t eat like that as a lady, Saeri ! Now you spat it out on Gongchan’s plate”, her mom scowled in disapproval.

Gongchan raised an eyebrow at the young girl in front of him. Who was still trying to slow down her coughing and gain back her sense. As soon as her cough died down, she turned to her mom with disbelieving eyes. “MOM ! IT’S YOUR FAULT FOR SLAPPING ME !”

She turned abruptly back to facing him. Gongchan unconsciously leaned back a little. He was expected her to apologize for her rudeness. But no.

“My steak ! Oh my god !”, she peered at her lifeless piece of steak on his plate with tearful eyes.

*Is she seriously crying over a piece of food ?*, Gongchan gagged mentally.

“Unnie apologized to you, beefie-ah …”, she pouted, indeed sad for the innocent beef meat.

Gongchan breathed out in shock. He had had enough with this girl. Now he couldn’t eat his own steak properly because of her, and she was saying sorry to the cause of it. How ironic. *Or should I say, how stupid*, he shot up, causing his chair to fly backwards and crash against the wall.

Saeri blinked at him. “What are you doing, Gongchan ?”

“You happened. Damn. I’m not staying here anymore. This is the worst nightmare ever”, he threw a few last words and stormed out of the dinner.

His parents sighed. “Sorry for his behavior”, Mr. Gong spoke.

Mr. Ahn glared at his daughter, who was still sobbing over her steak, but her eyes traveled over Gongchan’s retreating back. “Ahn Saeri. This is your fault. Now go after him”

Saeri bit her lips and also stood up, bowing at Gongchan’s parents, kissing her own parents’ cheeks before dashing after Gongchan.

 

***

 

“GONGCHAN !”

Gongchan groaned in defeat. He stopped walking but didn’t turn back to see the girl running after him. The next five seconds, he felt her heavy breath next to his side. Turning his head a little, he found Saeri sitting flatly on the street while catching her breath.

“Why are you following me ?”, he coldly said, his voice was low, telling her that he was angry at her.

Saeri rubbed to get rid of the dryness after running on high-heels, she peeked up at him and pulled on his pants. Gongchan jumped, but not far enough since she was still holding onto his pants.

“I’m sorry !”

Her voice was clear and high. The effect of running caused her cheeks to burn red and her eyes were teary enough to weaken his heart. Gongchan slowly felt better than angry. He moved his leg hastily, “Let go of my pants, you crazy girl”

Saeri quickly pulled her hand back. She looked up at him and broke out laughing. “Thank you for running out !”

“What ?”, Gongchan asked back confusedly.

“I hate sitting with parents. That’s too uncomfortable !”, she quickly explained. Saeri looked down at her hand and excitedly held up something small. “A lady-bug !”, Saeri joyfully stared at that small animal on her palm. As she looked at it too close, her eyes crossed and she had to shake her head to get rid of the dizziness.

Gongchan scoffed after seeing her childish behavior. “How old are you, really ?”, he blurted without thinking.

Saeri smiled, she held out two fingers with one hand while the other was still carefully holding the bug. “Twenty”

“I know, dude”, Gongchan sighed. He was just asking because of her acting. As if being in the same classes with her for six years, he was stupid to not know her age.

“Then why you asked ?!”, Saeri threw the lady-bug out of instinct at Gongchan. Her eyes widened in horror as the lady-bug died right away. “YOU KILL MY FRIEND!”

Gongchan gritted his teeth together. “You killed it yourself, Ahn Saeri”

“But it’s because you annoyed me !”

“You annoyed me, can’t you have that much of common sense ?”

People walked past them started to whisper and point fingers at two of them. They were accusing Gongchan for treating a girl badly. As Saeri was sitting flatly on the dirty street, and she was even wearing dress. And she was crying for God’s sake.

“Rest in peace, my friend’, Saeri clapped her hands together and started praying for the bug. Gongchan looked at walking-bys and grew annoyed at her. He was raised to be a gentleman, and as much as he hated

Please log in to read the full chapter