EXO's Kai 03

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by keyoppa_aina

Name : Kim Soomin
Members : EXO Kai
Genre : a bit fluff/romance
Storyline : Kai was a trainee and of course a remarkable dancer. However, at some point he undergoes a slump where he just couldn't see the future, what's going to happen to him? And that's when he met her. She saved him. She pulled him back to the right path. She is his life savior.

 

The Kai on stage under the title as EXO’s dancing machine was just a name and a side that Kim Jongin showed to his fans.

Because as much as you thought you knew about Kai, you were nothing close to know how much time, pain, sweats and tears Kim Jongin had gone through to reach the position he was in right now.

Kai was carefree, y, confident and one of the faces of EXO.

But Kim Jongin was just a normal boy with passion and emotion that every boy his age had. While his friends ran after their dreams to be doctors, teachers and better jobs, Jongin chose to spend his life training under an entertainment company for his dream to be on stage, a dream which he sure not many people considered as respectable.

Let me tell you the story of that Kim Jongin. The story happened way before all of us knew who Kai was. The story that had this certain girl who managed to be his secret girlfriend no one knew of.

 

It was one of many days in 2011.

SM Entertainment was well-known all over the world as one of the big-three companies in Korea. In their hands were Super Junior, Girl’s Generation, SHINee and the latest girlgroup was f(x).

And K-pop fans were all excited to know that SM would debut a new boyfriend under the name M1 and M2, they would promote in both Korea and China. The members were not released yet and everyone was so sure that these boys would debut and as they were under SM, they would make it big.

But bad news came and M1, M2 disappeared just like that.

Everything seemed normal to everyone outside the circumstance. No one could know and understand how horrible these boys felt after the news that they were not debuting any time soon that year.

Jongin along with his friends who were mostly in EXO right now felt like flying and then crashed down into the deepest place in this world.

Of course they would feel like that. To think that you had spent so much in practicing and only hoped for that day when you would be known by people, after SM promoted them as promising boygroup, SM itself ended their dream in just one click to release another news.

Joonmyun, Kris, Luhan, Minseok, Yixing, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Tao, Sehun were disappointed at that time, of course.

But Kim Jongin was at the deepest point in his life.

He went casting at the age of 13 and made a great impression on the judges back then. But he was underage and was asked to come back when he reached 15. And the little boy Jongin really came back to be a trainee three years later. He made friends with other trainees and had a bittersweet trainee life.  

Out of everyone, Kim Jongin must be the most disappointed and frustrated one.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !”

A throaty, filled with pain and mostly disappointment in himself echoed through the vacant dancing room.

Jongin dropped himself flatly against the dirty cold dancing floor, both of his hands clutched on his right hip. He didn’t tell anyone of his friends about his damaged hips. When they were all informed that they would likely debut soon as M1 and M2, not only Jongin but all of other trainees drained themselves off by decreasing their sleeping time and practiced double just to be choose by the CEO.

And during that time, his hips twisted a few times and now he could never live off peacefully without that damage coming back whenever he danced too much.

Jongin bit his lower lip tightly, his jaw was shaking due to all the pain that he was trying to ease by just gripping on it. Sweats covered his already damped forehead and literally dropped inside his eyes, causing a souring feeling blinded his eyes. He blinked his eyes rapidly to focus, his eyesight came back to normal and now he could see how quiet the room was.

Only his panting was heard and his heartbeat joined in shaking up the mood of this dancing room which Jongin had considered as his second home.

Three more minutes and the long arm of the clock on the wall would point at number 12 along with the shortest one.

After hearing that their debut was canceled along with their hope, none of the other trainees had heart for practicing at this hour. But there was Jongin, ruining his health by dancing endlessly until his damaged hips stung and forced him to crash down.

I was so close to touch my future but … ah, what’s wrong with this company seriously ? If they didn’t plan on debuting a group, don’t just put any of us so high then drop us down like we worth nothing.

Jongin shut his eyes as all the past memories of his trainee life flooded back inside his mind like a rolling movie. He was angry and sorry for both himself and his eleven friends. All of them left behind families, friends and schools for the same dream that to be on stage. And he didn’t know how many times he could hold on to his dream to move on when both his mental and physics were broken.

He could still remember his first friend when he started his new life as a trainee, it was Taemin who was now well-known as the youngest and also the dancer of SHINee.

They both started at the same time and Jongin was really happy to know that few of the current trainees at that time would debut as a 5-member-group called SHINee. He was really excited hoping that both he and Taemin would be under the same group. After all, they were likely the same, their age, their appearances, their passions and also they were both the most promising dancers among the other trainees.

But the whole world crashed onto his head when they informed the members which definitely didn’t have him. Taemin felt bad but Jongin assured him that he would reach Taemin really soon.

And he didn’t know his promise really soon that would result in his second disappointment now after 2 years.

SHINee’s Taemin now was known everywhere and the Kim Jongin who started at the same time with him was a nobody. Not only that Jongin had to see his bestfriend all over TVs, it’s not that he was not happy for Taemin, he really did; but Jongin also had to change the way he called Taemin into Taemin sunbaenim whenever they met inside the company.

Lee Taemin was like a living evidence of how a loser Jongin was.

I can’t help but feel jealous whenever I see Taemin. Of course I am though. He has gone this far while I kept rolling around this small dancing room helplessly.

Jongin was really close to giving up when SHINee debuted. But he told himself that he had to run after Taemin and ended up practicing more and more within two years.

But the news of his supposed-to-be-group canceled earlier had triggered his old decision and Jongin felt like he had to give up now before it’s too late for him to gain back his old life.

When the pain around his hip was eased down and he could move comfortably, Jongin hopped onto his feet, grabbing an old jacket, putting it on while pulling his backpack off

Please log in to read the full chapter