EXO's D.O. 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by DongHoLay

Member: Kyungsoo
Name : Jun Haeyi
Genre: sweet, romance
Plot : Haeyi fell in love with Kyungsoo after she broke up with the hottest playboy, Yixing. So, she wanted to try a boy who is innocent and smart, Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was always alone so she wanted to become closer to him, to know who Kyungsoo actually was.

 

Jun Haeyi ran all the way to the garden located in the back of their school ground, with her face filled with tears, her heart was in so much pain that if she crashed into a wall and died right there, she would never regret it.

It had always been in her mind that her relationship with Yixing was at risk for a while. He was not the same Yixing she fell in love with three years ago, but he changed after meeting new friends and was so engrossed in being a playboy that he took her for grant and eventually found a new girl. He broke up with her in the nastiest way – through a simple text message saying that he wanted to break up.

Even though she had witnessed him falling out of love earlier, and she also prepared herself from breaking down too much. To be truthful, she also got tired of putting up with a cocky Yixing. But what to be said was harder than to be done, Haeyi was deeply hurt that Yixing broke up with her without bothering to see her face to face.

“Ah, this is stupid”

Haeyi smacked the side of her head with a mocking smile to herself. Crying over a jerk like Zhang Yixing was more than stupid. Why would you cry for someone who would didn’t even care about you ?

Not able to hold back her emotion, Haeyi placed her back against the ground, facing the blue sky, where she could find peace in. Haeyi thought back to the first time she met Yixing, to their last date and every memory about him, until their break-up this early morning. Each fat tear dropped for each image flashed in her mind, but she was sure that was her last time remembering those bittersweet moments.

Because she needed to move on and find a better guy to show Yixing that he did not damage her that much.

“I’M SO OVER YOU ! ZHANG YIXING !”

Haeyi breathed out after letting out with a loud shout. This was it, her last time calling his name so endearing like that. Haeyi forced herself to relax and closed her eyes. God, if you have heard and seen what I have been through, can you please send me a nice guy ? Someone that I could trust my whole life in …

“Excuse me…”

Haeyi jumped up into a sitting position and whirled her upper body around, her eyes turned alarming and so did her fists, which had curled and pointed straight at the caller. Her eyes softened immediately. It was a guy she did not know of, but somewhere behind her head, she remembered seeing him once or in a while around school.

She was supposed to have her personal space intruded by a stranger, but the look of concern in his eyes made her feel all better, if didn’t want to say attracted to.

 Haeyi stared blankly at him as her mind rummaged through to look for his face anywhere in her memory. He is …

“Are you okay ?”

…Kyungsoo, a sunbae, always sitting at a window table in the cafeteria during lunch.

“Yes ?”, Haeyi let out unconsciously. She dropped her tight fists to her thighs and kept looking at D.O with her jaw hanging, totally screaming out loud that she was surprised to see D.O here, nonetheless talking to her.

Kyungsoo’s eyes were just as round and big as he always was. He hesitantly inched in closer a little bit, still with his stoned-expression, but his uncertain brown eyes gave out a vibe that he was worried.

“You can use this”, he softly, almost inaudibly muttered while holding out a blue handkerchief.

It was out of the blue and Haeyi was flabbergasting as why he gave her his handkerchief. Is it some new kind of flirting trick that I don’t know of ?

While Haeyi was still fighting against her stupid mind which was urging her to ask shamelessly if he was flirting , thanked God Kyungsoo saved her big time for informing about his doing.

“…your tears”, the corner of his lips hitched up into a lop-sided smile, just a small smile which Haeyi couldn’t really see it if she didn’t did a double look.

His words sank quickly in her mind and just as quick, Haeyi wiped the skin under her eyes and true to his words, wetness could be felt and blush crept madly over her cheeks. The point of running to the garden was for no one to see her cry, and that point was taken ridiculously away by his stranger, whose eyes and voice were bringing new wave of feelings to Haeyi.

Kyungsoo without a word, leaning in, wiping her tears away. His movement was really gentle, even his breath was really calm, comparing to her quickening pace of breath and heartbeat.

“T-Thank you”, Haeyi squeaked.

Kyungsoo retreated his hand, running his eyes over her face once last time to make sure that he did clean the right spot. And finally, he met eyes with hers.

Time stopped moving around both of them when eyes met.

And Haeyi knew exactly that Kyungsoo was that nice guy God had sent to her.

“Do Kyungsoo sunbaenim, right ?”

Haeyi brought a bright smile on her face. You should know that Yixing had a really high expectation for who he dated, and of course, Haeyi was well-known as a girl with bright personality.

Kyungsoo was taken a back at her quick changing mood. Wasn’t she just crying a few minutes ago ? And moreover, she knows me ?

Obviously, Kyungsoo was not one of the most popular boys in school, but he was not that unknown, as everyone knew him as the quiet boy who had good look but never used it to gain attention, instead, he preferred to be alone. But that’s just it, no one bothered to get close to him to know him more.

“Uh, yes”, Kyungsoo nodded his head politely. Suddenly he felt so shy seeing her smile. He was not into gossiping, but he had heard a few out of accident and only now that he admitted that they were right about how bright Jun Haeyi could get, she could beat the sun anytime soon with her growing smile like that.

Haeyi hastily jumped onto her feet, prying dust off of her skirt and also her knees. “I wasn’t crying, I was yawning !”, Haeyi beamed, slapping her cheeks on her own following with a wince as she slapped too hard.

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. Was it him who misheard the rumor, or they missed out the part that Jun Haeyi was not just too bright but also really … comical …

I saw you crying and screaming Zhang Yixing actually, but well, you don’t have to know about that. Kyungsoo smiled inwardly. He found it funny to see this girl acting strong after being broken up with her boyfriend. Usually, girls in her situation would cry a river and made a big scene for the whole school to know, obviously, they wanted more people to know how they were a victim while in fact, they were just such idiots to date playboys.

The fact was not right anymore when it came to Jun Haeyi. And Kyungsoo was amused, but Haeyi couldn’t read that because he was not a type to show other people what he was thinking.

“You should leave school now. The gate is closing soon and it’s getting dark too”, Kyungsoo was about to put his handkerchief back inside his pocket when a hand shot out and stopped him midway.

Haeyi hid the handkerchief behind her back with a semi-smirk, “I will wash it clean and return it to you next time, sunbae. Um, right now I have to get home … so, bye !”

Kyungsoo blinked at his hand where her fingers touched just second ago. Something inside his heart boiled hotly and Kyungsoo couldn’t explain the smile that had just stretched on his lips.

Finally, a girl who could make him smile without his knowing had just appeared.

 

***

 

Zhang Yixing was officially out of Haeyi’s thoughts after two weeks she had a chance to befriend with Kyungsoo.

It was not an easy task to do. Since Kyungsoo was always alone, Haeyi cou

Please log in to read the full chapter