BTS's V 02

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by ninakai

Character: V (BTS), Jung Nina (OC)
Plot: When V meets his high school enemy.
Genres: fluff romance, love-hate

 

V strolled around the street of Hongdae on one of those Mondays during winter. He had securely wrapped a brown circle scarf around his neck and pulled it up to cover half of his face. His job as a director assistant sometimes took him so many times and personal space that he loved to spend his night as free as he could.

Jimin had invited him over to his home to have a late dinner but V rejected the offer. Jimin was a talking butterfly, and V needed his sleep more than anything.

Jungkook wanted to see his hyungs since he was the only one still in college but Rap Monster and Suga were busy with their new songs so they pushed off the date.

J-Hope was in Japan with his girlfriend while Jin was modeling for Seoul Sports in Jeju. That left V alone in his own world.

Kim Taehyung was twenty four this year and he was content with his life. But once in a while, he wished that he could go way back to his high school days. He could still remember his group of friends, which was still the same, but they hardly met up nowadays because of busy lives. They were a famous bunch of handsome kids that loved to act cool and cocky to gain attention. Except for Rapmon, who had already had a girlfriend back then, all six of them really loved the attention the female students gave them. V had to chuckle at himself while recalling how corny and silly he used to be. He thought of himself as if he was a living god, he gave no about people around him, and who had got into his bad side, V would make their life a living hell for three long years.

The green light was on and everyone started piling down to get to the other side. V snapped out of his memory and also hurried after people.

 V tightened his gripped onto his backpack that loosely hung on one of his shoulder, he dodged his way away from a wave of people that were heading from the opposite. His eyes widened in recognition, he couldn’t believe in his eyes. Out of hundred people, his eyes had magically found her.

Jung Nina.

V felt his heart beating even faster than when he had to run around Seoul. He couldn’t move and what made it worse was that he was in the middle of the intersection. Something in his heart stirred at the sight of his high school enemy. He hadn’t met her ever since the graduation, which was a few years ago.

Jung Nina had always been a pretty girl, but of course, not pretty in a way that would catch attention of young boys. She was pretty in a way that only mature males would find interest in, that explained why boys her age never thought she was a girlfriend material at that time. V thought he was awesome and when Nina didn’t give his a single glance, V became annoyed and started to act like a to her. At first Nina was normally nonchalant towards all of his picking on her. But after a year, Nina learnt to show her displeasure and discomfort to a boy namely Taehyung.

Their high school time ended dramatically with both of them still didn’t have a proper conversation as friends.

V stared with bouncing heart, he didn’t know it until now, that he had never forgot her. Jung Nina was still remained somewhere inside his mind and heart for all those years.

Compared to the younger Nina, she looked way more beautiful now. Her hair had grown longer and she dyed it bright brown instead of black, she was a little taller and her smile looked even better now.

His head turned as Nina walked past him without noticing him. V gulped. He lost all contact with her, which meant if he didn’t confront her now, he would lose the only chance to see her again. That thought did the trick and V wasted no time to run after her. He spun around and ran after Nina, he didn’t even care that he was running the opposite side of his home.

“Nina !”

She didn’t seem to hear him though. V cursed under his breath, he speeded up and reached for her wrist. He could hear Nina let out a startled gasp and turned her head. His smile lit up, “I found you !”

Nina narrowed her perfect eyebrows together to have a better look at the stranger. She almost shouted for help because out of nowhere her wrist was caught by a stranger, a hot one to be exact. But her hard expression faltered and a surprise chuckle escaped her lips after that. “Thick-headed Taehyung !”

“Well, I didn’t expect you to remember my nickname”, V let out a familiar smirk that used to irk Nina to the gut. But she didn’t find it annoying at that moment though, it must be because she kind of missed it too.

“Only me called you that ! Of course I would remember !”, Nina laughed. She took her hair and put in over one of her shoulder, she gave V an once-over look before punching his shoulder playfully. “Four years without me did you good, huh ?”

Actually, I miss you really much. And it’s not a good thing. V didn’t say it outloud though, he was content that she admitted that he looked fine now, unlike before, she used to call him ugly and full of himself.

They didn’t realize that they were still in the middle of the intersection when a car honked and both jumped in surprise and scrambled to run to the sidewalk.

“What a way to see each other again”, Nina commented, her eyes glanced over his shoulder to the inter

Please log in to read the full chapter