EXO's Chanyeol 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by amusingmurdermachine

Outcast Chanyeol finally finds a friend in Baekhyun, the new student who is cool and confident (Chanyeol's total opposite) but is nice enough to be buddies with him and defend him from jerks. However, Baekhyun gets attracted to Krystal (with whom Chanyeol has been in love for two years) and tells Chanyeol that he would be making a move on her soon.

 

Park Chanyeol had never been excited to come to school. The only reason was because he couldn’t find peace and happiness at a place that people often found their true friends and true love after 12 years putting up with.

Park Chanyeol was tall, but he tried his best to walk with his back bent so that he wouldn’t stand out so much.

Park Chanyeol was handsome, but that hairstyle of him prevented the world to see how bright and worth-seeing this kid was.

Park Chanyeol was a genius, but those jerks with little brains saw him as a teacher’s pet.

Park Chanyeol could play guitar, piano and drum, but that music club in his school didn’t want a bullied kid to bring their name down.

Park Chanyeol was an outcast.

But that title was soon ignored by that new student, who went by the name Byun Baekhyun, a cool kid living in Japan for five years and moved back in Seoul just in time when Chanyeol almost gave up his life.

Baekhyun chose Chanyeol to be his first friend after knowing how people his age treated a friend like this. Baekhyun offered to sit with Chanyeol during lunch, to be his partner during Chemistry class and even in PE, to take the same bus with Chanyeol since his new house was now in Chanyeol’s neighborhood, to share lunch with Chanyeol because he knew the taller boy had a liking to skip meal.

Baekhyun was now a new light in Chanyeol’s life – well, beside Jung Soojung, a girl Chanyeol had been loving ever since he stepped foot inside the school’s gate.

Soojung had dark brown hair, which ended nicely over her shoulders, and her eyes were soft and always smiling whenever she saw Chanyeol. To say that she was a nicest girl Chanyeol had ever known was not overreacting. When no one wanted to accept Chanyeol, Soojung was there to acknowledge him. When he was awarded in his freshman year for ranking 1st in their final exam, only Soojung clapped her hands loudly, even though her clapping was soon died down by the weird stares people giving her.

Chanyeol never admitted it to anyone. But he was sure about his love for this girl. He loved her dearly and unconditionally. For two years straight, Chanyeol had silently put cold bottle of water inside her locker after every P.E class; he sent her roses and gifts on Valentine Day as an anonymous; he loved seeing her smiling away with her friends and he loved the way she never failed to give him at least a smile whenever they walked past each other.

And in Park Chanyeol’s life right now, the happiest moment was when his new bestfriend also got close to his secret love.

Byun Baekhyun was a talkative butterfly, he loved making friends and people loved him, unlike Chanyeol. And he also got to know Soojung through his music club activity.

She was a singer, just like him, and he adored the way her voice making his heart fluster everytime she sang.

“Yo, Yeol !”

Chanyeol looked up and chuckled lightly as Baekhyun sat in front of him, with his infamous eyesmile on and that stupid yet handsome grin on his lips. “Are you done with your singing practice ?”, Chanyeol asked, looking at his phone for the time and made note that they needed to get the bus now or he would be late for dinner with his parents.

“We had extra songs to practice. I’m sorry for not calling to tell you to not wait for me ! But my phone ran out of battery !”, Baekhyun pouted like a lost puppy and started pulling on Chanyeol’s arm with his playful act. He laughed heartily when Chanyeol grunted and nodded his head in understanding.

“You are so sweet ! Just like Soojung !”

Chanyeol stopped his speed in walking for just a second at the mention of his dream girl. He continued walking and Baekhun caught up with him a moment later, walking by his side, humming to a song that Chanyeol didn’t know. “Jung Soojung … um … is also singing this song with you, right ?”

Baekhyun’s eyes twinkled like a happy child, he his lips as his head bobbed up and down. “This song is our duet. They say that my voice goes well with her voice”, a hint of proud was in Baekhyun’s voice and it somehow made Chanyeol’s heart jump in nervous.

Baekhyun was a new star in music club. He had a voice that even angel was jealous of him. Chanyeol knew that he had no reason to feel envious of his friend for singing together with Soojung. Chanyeol couldn’t sing that well, and he also didn’t have that much of a confidence to sing in front of the whole school. “You two will make a great …uh… couple”, Chanyeol felt his tongue tighten at the mention of them being a couple. That was just for singing, Chanyeol told himself.

Smiling to himself, Baekhyun flung one of his arm around Chanyeol’s shoulder while standing on his toes a little, “You are the best buddy ever !! I made a really right choice to be your friend !! Only my big boy Chanyeol can see throught my heart !!”

“What do you mean ?”, Chanyeol frowned. Praising them being great singers had nothing to do with Baekhyun’s heart.

Baekhyun stopped walking. He attempted to stand in front of Chanyeol and looked up into the taller boy’s eyes. “You are my friend, right ?”, Baekhyun firmly asked.

Taken apart, this question was for Chanyeol to ask, not the other way round. But anyway, the asked boy nodded truthfully, “I am your friend, of course I am Baek. There is no one to be my friend but you”

“Good. Because I really need your help right now !”, breaking into a childish grin, Baekhyun chirpily punched Chanyeol’s chest for effect. “I really like Soojung ! And I need you to help me confessing to her !”

The whole world seemed to crash onto Chanyeol’s little head right at that moment.

Even in his nightmare, Chanyeol didn’t dare to dream of something like this. His new and only

Please log in to read the full chapter