The game of Monsieur

Monsieur meets his Mademoiselle

This is all Mademoiselle's fault.



Shinhye heard it right. There's no way there is another Mademoiselle beside her. She pecked a glance on Yonghwa. Alas! She remembered! He was the same man on her cafe. As she recall, he call himself the CEO of Jung Empire. So connecting all the details, this man knew what Mademoiselle did. 


"What are you staring at?" He asked.


"Nothing."


"God, at last you talked."


"Did you, by any chance, showered coffee? You smell like one." Shinhye began to play on him.


"What?!?" Yonghwa remembered yesterday's incident. He knew he showered an hour for this but why this lady saying he smell like coffee. 

 

“Ajusshi, please stop on the next street.” Shinhye shouted so the busy driver can hear her. And in the first place, leaving that CEO mocked by her.

 

 

Yonghwa stared blankly on her. He can’t do anything. First, she doesn’t know this lady and second he said to himself not to stoop to that kind of level. He is Jung Yonghwa.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Another day ends..” Shinhye sighed as she laid her tired body on her little bed.

 

 

Then she remembered that CEO. “Am I crossing the line? I need to be cautious from now on, because no one will back me up.” She pampered herself.

 

 

Being a lobbyist, especially on her position is really hard. Yes, she help many companies, she passed to many deals, but the companies she worked for doesn’t know her profile. It’s just the money she wanted; it’s just the deal they wanted. End of story.

 

No one knows her profile, and at the same time she doesn’t know the whole information on the companies inside or outside her field. She’s just turning those dumbs mind into a game, she’s just keep on playing with their bare minds and hitting when they stumble. Mind games for short. Actually she really doesn’t know if the rival company have good deeds or not, the fact that they are rival means that she must say all the worst things to them so the bet will move on her side. Simple as that.

 

She’s been lobbying for what, four to five years? She mastered lying – but she never see that as mere lying, maybe just hiding tokens. She have been socializing to a lot of high profiled people, she have been living in the person of Mademoiselle.

 

 

“Day ends and start. Sleep now Shinhye, because tomorrow Mademoiselle will live again.” She said while caressing her tummy; a mannerism for her to caught her rest fast.

 

 

“Sir, I’m very sorry because we didn’t trace a single thing on Mademoiselle.” His secretary sounded very scared.

 

“I expected that from you.” He said coldly.

 

“I’m sorry, Sir. Anyways, here is your coffee. I wish it suits your taste for this day.” She bowed and left CEO Jung’s office.

 

 

 

Yonghwa, Mademoiselle has a meeting on RC Entertainment. Jungshin message him with caplocks on.

 

 

 

Yonghwa called Jungshin right away. “What is RC Ent?”

 

“I’m still checking on that. But I’m not familiar with this ent. Maybe it’s a rookie one.”

 

“How did you know that Mademoiselle has a meeting on that rookie ent?” He stood up.

 

“Yonghwa, I lurk around here at LBS. Of course I heard about that. Oh, it says here that she’ll try to get or like acquiring popular groups. Popular groups that have their contracts ended.”

 

“This is really getting fun, Jungshin.” He laughed.

 

“Jung Yonghwa, you are really nuts. You’re playing again.” Jungshin scolded him.

 

“I wasn’t.”

 

“Yes, you are.”

 

“Okay, thanks for the info. Bye.” Yonghwa ended the line. He grabbed his coat, just his coat. No keys this time.

 

 

                              ***
 

 

 

“I’ll keep it short. If you’re group will start working in this entertainment, each one of you will start to live like a human.” Mademoiselle started her engine.

 

“No hell diets, you can go home if you want to and most of all…” She added.

 

 

“Most of all?” One member asked.

 

“You can date.” Mademoiselle smirked lightly.

 

“It’s the first time I’ve heard such loose demands. And this is just a rookie entertainment. How can we assure that we will sustain our popularity?”

 

“I think it’s time for you girls to realize that nothing or no one can be in lime light forever. Let me be frank, if you’re group has potential for breaking the popularity you have now then why your entertainment didn’t renew your contracts?” Mademoiselle asked.

 

“Actually, our entertainment renewed for our two members, only. Leaving us five alone.”

 

“That’s what exactly I’m saying. I think I’d do that too. This is business my dear girls. For example, I have a soap company, literally I’m selling bath soaps. If one day bath soaps don’t sell what I wanted to be, I’ll go for the trend, like beauty soaps etc. Just like you, you are soaps. If they don’t sell like I wanted, I do dropping and acquiring.”

 

“You’re too much, Miss. Comparing us to soaps.”

 

“I’m not. Actually I’m too good comparing you to soaps, don’t you know some entertainment just see their artist as fish sauce? I will not explain on that part anymore. It’s too sensitive, mostly for you, my dear girls.” She smiled like an angel.

 

“If we sign on this contract, what will I expect?”

 

“Of course, each one of you will receive severe workshops. So each one of you can have another talent beside from dancing with heavy make-ups and having awfully winking competition. I hate that, really.”

 

“What if we never boomed?”

 

“Very good question dear, I seriously waited for that. This entertainment, will not only recognize your other talents but most of all will boost your inner self confidence, self-esteem and self-respect. This company will help you and you girls will help the company as well.” Mademoiselle said sincerely.

 

“Can we trust this entertainment a hundred percent?” The group leader asked.

 

“Dear, who in this world trust a hundred percent?” Mademoiselle said defensively.

 

“Sorry?” She asked.

 

“Don’t give all your trust in other people, not even in yourself. Don’t trust a hundred percent but don’t even doubt for even a one second.”

 

“I don’t fully understand, Miss.”

 

“Note on that and soon as time goes on, you’ll able to understand it.”

 

                                                                                                    ***

 

 

 

“Sir, you can’t go inside.” The security blocked Yonghwa.

 

“Don’t you know me?” He blurted.

 

“I’m sorry but I’m new here, Sir.”

 

“Aish, never mind. Get off me.”

 

“Thank you, Sir.”

 

                                                                                                    ***

 

 

“Not leaving?” Manager Kim asked, the one that going to handle the group on RC Ent.

 

“I’m in the midst of remembering of all the faces in this ent. Of course for me to be able to know who I will sue if this girls caught crying in some bar.”

 

“Sue?”

 

“We promised too much on the girls. Even I know that it’s so out of this world. No hell diets? Are you kidding me?” Mademoiselle smirked.

 

“Of course, Mademoiselle, we just noted that for them go with RC.”

 

“Manager Kim, I can tear up this contract right away if I want to.”

 

“What? You can’t do that, touch move Mademoiselle.”

 

“You’re not thinking, Manager Kim. Don’t you know how their dorms looked like in CM? Don’t you know they only eat watermelon in the span of their comebacks?”

 

“You knew too much, Mademoiselle.”

 

“Yes, I knew so much that if this ent will not take good care of the girls, I’ll seriously sue each one of you. Don’t forget I’ve got the copy of this contract. I’ve got the girls’ numbers also.”

 

“Mademoiselle, I’m just kidding. Of course we’ll take good care of the girls.” Manager Kim awkwardly said.

 

“That’s good.”

 

                                                                                                    ***

 

 

“Hayeon!” Mademoiselle waved.

 

“Miss..”

 

“No rough headed customers today?”

 

“As of now, they are all smooth.” She smiled.

 

“That’s good. As usual, Hayeon but please put more whipped cream. I’m seriously getting addicted to it.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Noona?!”

 

“At last I found you. Are you taking care of this café?” She tapped his head.

 

“My friends got some DVDs to watch so…”

 

“You watch with them again? What movie again? Huh?”

 

“Noona, please keep quiet..”

 

 

 

 

Hongki, Shinhye’s little brother.

They are not blood related but since they knew each other because they lived in the same orphanage.

He is the only one guy who lived in an exclusively girls’ orphanage. He’s an exception.

 

 

 

 

“Manager Lee.. We’re have you’ve been?” Hayeon asked.

 

“Hayeon, I’m just manager, taking care of this café but this lady, she owned this.” He explained cutely.

 

 

Mademoiselle smiled to Hayeon.

 

 

Hayeon was surprised.

 

 

 

 

                                       ***

 

 

Yonghwa get back to his office, still thinking what nonsense things happened for a day. His coffee was still cupped on his table, beginning to be an iced coffee.

 

 

He stared at the cup..

 

 

Mademoiselle’s Café