Coeur de Mademoiselle

Monsieur meets his Mademoiselle

 

 


Shinhye opened her door without making any noise. The door never creaked as she push it, a sign that she was delicate or maybe break down at any moment. When things sink on her thoughts, the cafe, Hongki and even Hayeon. They are her responsibilities. She encourage Hongki to stay with her, because she knows she can raise him in Seoul better than at the orphanage. She hired Hayeon full-time because she knows she pay her for her studies and give care to her at the same time. The source why she have those responsibilities is now gone, the cafe, her cafe. 

 

Mademoiselle Cafe is not just a mere business for her. It is the lifeline she only have. She knows she can't just lobby forever. 

 

"Noona.." Hongki touched her shoulder. He was worried about her, she wasn't moving from holding the door knob. He sighed harder. "Noona.. You want me to go back and beg? I can do that for you.."

 

Shinhye lit a very small smile. A smile that she knows it will never ease a thing. She just want to convert all the sadness she has at this moment into a croaky smile. "Can you sleep on the couch?" She asked. 

 

"Noona! Stop diverting. Tell me what are we going to do now? Are we going back to the orphanage?" He shouted in tears. 

 

"Hongki, I don't have the courage to face the orphanage without anything on my pocket. You know that, you know me." She sighed. A sigh that make her tear up. 

 

"You're so stubborn, Noona. Not everybody live for pride. The orphanage will embrace us once we got back there."

 

"You go there first. Early in the morning. I'll follow you once I fixed and finished my things here in Seoul." She whispered. 


Shinhye grabbed blanket on her cabinet. "Here, rest now Hongki. You have a long trip tomorrow." She smiled again, the saddest smile Hongki seen on her face. 


Hongki can't do anything but to smile back. "Noona, don't worry. Everything will be alright."


Hongki didn't hear anything in response but he witnessed that tear, fallen through her cheek. "Noona, don't cry.." He said silently like a little brother. 

 

 


***


Coeur de Mademoiselle 

 

Hayeon's head was in the raised position for nearly fifteen minutes. "Coeur de Mademoiselle.." She whispered. "Coeur de Mademoiselle..." She repeated. "Coeur de Mademoiselle..." She sighed harder.


She looked on the road, the streets and the establishments around it. "I'm so sure, this is the right place." She pointed every detail that implies that she is on the correct place. "Coeur de Mademoiselle??" She asked her self. 

 

The words Mademoiselle Cafe was turned big classy signage Coeur de Mademoiselle. The front is full of flowers, making it looked like spring. Spring in this kind of weather. It's nearly snowing. The front of the cafe seems like a beautiful garden. The paint was old rose and wooden extracted from every corner. It looked very elegant. 

 

It looked very elegant and classy that made Hayeon more confused.

 


Coeur de Mademoiselle is closed yet. She has her schedule right now but it is closed. She grabbed her phone and attempted dialing Shinhye but someone took it away. 

 


He smiled. "Don't contact Mademoiselle."

 

"CEO Jung?" She asked, more confused than a while ago.

 

"The only one." He put his hand on his pocket. 


"Your face asked a lot of questions now. I can see it very clearly." He added. 

 

"Coeur de Mademoiselle?" Hayeon asked. 

 

"The updated version of Mademoiselle Cafe." He pointed the signage. 

 

"Does Shinhye Unnie knew this?" 

 

"No. Not yet." He smiled. "But for now, you are going to help me make lattes." He demanded. "Let's go!" He placed his shoulder like a big brother to Hayeon. 

 

 

***


Eryca nearly broke her table. "What!!!? What do you mean you didn't tear down the cafe? I paid a lot for this job to work and you're pledging some hell apologetic dialogues???" She shouted. 

 

"CEO Jung Yonghwa went last night with the land owner. He bought the land title, the whole place triple than you offered. The land owner didn't think twice so we can't continue our work." He said like a pony. 

 

"How can you didn't tear the whole cafe at once? Why Yonghwa catch the whole staff??"


"I'm so sorry Miss Eryca. But we can't do anything about it anymore. CEO Jung already bought it." He bowed and left the office real fast. 

 

"Uggghh.." She groaned. 


Some people change their mind because of money. But, I still prefer those type of people than a person who think she can own anything recklessly and hurting others. That's you. 

 

She read Yonghwa's message that made her grimaced. "We're not done. We aren't done."

 

***

 

More than what Hayeon flustered, Shinhye was way more than shocked and surprised. "C-coeur de Mademoiselle.." 


She seen two people busy on the counter, the glass reflects to them. She saw the flowers bloomed so prettily. The pink corner, the red and the yellow one. She was confused. 

 

 

Yonghwa saw her in front of the cafe. He saw her, her feet can't step forward. 

He slowly went back door to surprise her. 

 


"C-coeur d-de M-mademoiselle..." She sighed. 

 


Slowly, Yonghwa carried her. That made her shout. "W-what??!" She shouted.


Yonghwa smiled at her. "I'm going to carry you because it seems to me that you can't even step forward.." 

 

"What is happening?? I thought I lose my cafe.. What's happening.." She looked at him. 

 

He slowly made her sit on the princess style table just for her. "You thought you lose it.." He sighed. "You thought you lose it without calling me. Without asking for my help." 

 

She looked down. He got her there, what he said at this moment.


"So, you will have your punishment for this day." He smiled. "You'll going to eat and drink what I did, a very bad punishment if it tastes badly." He caress her hair. 


Yonghwa walk through the counter but Shinhye grabbed his arm. "Tell me.. Tell me what happened? They are tearing my cafe just last night and now it's like newly built."


"I am Jung Yonghwa." He smirked, boasting. "I'm sure you know my capacities to make wonders. Especially to you, Mademoiselle." He smiled.

 

"Yonghwa.." 

 

"Save that for later, I'm going to deliver your punishment." 

 

 

The white lights turned out and Christmas lights started to blink. The different color of lights start to accompany by a very soothing piano piece. 

Shinhye felt shy. 

 

 


"Coeur de Mademoiselle.." He paused. "It means heart of Mademoiselle." 

 

She looked at him. The she looked at the cake he baked. The latte that was full of art. "Did you really think these are punishments?" She smiled.

 

"They looked yummy but I don't think they taste good." He said.

 

Shinhye took a bite and sip some latte. She nodded. 

 


"What's the taste?" He asked, innocently.

 

Shinhye sighed, a happy sigh indeed. "Actually it taste so bad." 

 

"I told you." He pouted. 

 

Shinhye smiled, a very beautiful smile. "I know what's tasteful that all of these." 

 

"Let's go. I'll buy you that." He said, a very down voice of him. 

 


"No, it's here." 

 

"Hayeon will do it?" 

 

"Come here." She tapped on the next chair beside her. 

 

Yonghwa followed beside her. 

 

 

 


Slowly, she kissed his lips elegant, classically. She kissed him very slowly.. 


Yonghwa was surprised.
Very surprised, but handled enough to answer her lips back. 


"Thank you Yonghwa... Thank you for saving this cafe.." She whispered. 

 

Yonghwa held her chin. He caressed it very carefully. "From now on, don't hesitate to call me. But even you don't call me I'll come and save you even you didn't want to." He smiled. 

 

"Coeur means heart. I want to be inside of the coeur of Mademoiselle.." He pleaded. 

 

Shinhye smiled. "Of course you may, Monsieur.."