Behind being Mademoiselle

Monsieur meets his Mademoiselle

Shinhye checked her account. She smiled. "This is more than enough."













Far from being a Mademoiselle. She wears faded jeans and oversized white shirt with the neat cap on her head. 


"Shinhye, I'm glad you have time to visit us." Sister Lee smiled.


"Of course, Sister Lee. My life started here so I should keep coming back."


"What have you've been doing?"


"Working this and that."







"Unnieee!!!" The little girls shouted while running on their side.



"How's my little angels doing?" Shinhye hugged each of them. 



"We missed you, Unnie." Little girl Yuri said.


"Don't worry, I bought a lot of presents so each of you can play." Shinhye smiled.



"Unnie is the best!" Nara shouted.


                                                                            ***



"Shinhye, you always support our orphanage. You give too much money every time you go here. I'm afraid how you live in the city because you give too much." Mother Superior said while her face was worried.


"I eat three times a day, I can watch movies if I want to. Mother Superior, I'm good. Don't worry about me. I have a stable job in Seoul, and my cafe is doing well."


"You always said that you have a stable job, but you haven't told me what is that certainly."



"Mother Superior, don't worry I'm not running some loan shark groups and whatever that can harm my life. The companies I'm working gives me a lot of money because my job is really special."


"As long you’re not ruining other lives, I'm good with that." Mother Superior said.


"Not really ruining, hmm, maybe just messing with their lives a bit?" Shinhye giggled. 


"Shinhye!"



"Geez, Mother Superior, I'm just kidding. Of course I will not do that. You raised me like an angel, right?" She laughed a bit.


"You didn't changed, Shinhye. Still a naughty kid." Mother Superior smiled at her. 



"I'll come here again if I get my wage. Mother Superior, don't worry a thing and just think of yourself and the little girls. Love them as much you loved me since my Mom abandoned me." Shinhye lowed her voice a bit.

 

“Shinhye, just come here whenever you want. This is your home.”

 

“I will Mother Superior.”

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Who is Mademoiselle?” Jung Yonghwa asked his new secretary.

 

“I looked up some files regarding with Mademoiselle and it reveals that she have been the bridge of second rate companies to get first class deals, Sir.”

 

Yonghwa nodded. “But why we don’t have her personal CV? What is she?”

 

“We don’t have her profile, as well as the companies she had been worked for. A lobbyist has a right to make his/her profile secured, because lobbying is a serious work and mind boggling as well, Sir.”

 

“I don’t care what the rules are, I need to know her profile and what are her later deals to work for. I need those, now.” CEO Jung demanded.

 

“And please contact Kang Minhyuk from Kang International. Please tell him that I have a proposal to make. The two Lees also, I want also.” He added.

 

“Copy that, CEO Jung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This is our target. To know who is this Mademoiselle.” Jung Yonghwa said with pride over the three.

 

“Maybe that Mademoiselle did something wrong with you and Minhyuk. But not with us, so why are we even bother coming here?” Jonghyun asked, while all along Jungshin was nodding.

 

“You guys need some brain polishing.” Yonghwa said.

 

“I think I heard that line last night.” Minhyuk laughed.

 

“Stop saying nonsense things.” Yonghwa shouted.

 

“What are we going to do then?” Jungshin asked.

 

“First, we need to track this Mademoiselle. We need to know her all abouts.”

 

“Yonghwa, why are you so desperate on this matter? Just get another deal and stop making yourself busy with this Mademoiselle thing.” Jonghyun explained.

 

“No, it’s Mademoiselle fault that I will not riding my car tonight. It’s her fault I can’t drink my favorite cocktail. And most of all, it’s her fault why I’m feeling like a small crap on my own Empire.”

 

“I think it’s your fault not her.” Jungshin chuckled.

 

“Let him be, Jungshin. I think hunting a woman is exciting.” Jonghyun blurted.

 

“Don’t see her as a woman, boys. See her as a thief.” Yonghwa convinced the three.

 

“You never grow up, Yonghwa. You never were.” Minhyuk said.

 

“What the hell are you guys talking about? I’m doing this because I’m protecting my name. I’m protecting my name because I’m mature enough to regard these things. Don’t you boys get me?”

 

 

“Okay, we believe in you. We’re on your side. Now, can we go home?” Jungshin yawned.

 

“Aren’t one of you going to get me on my condo?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“I can’t today, Yonghwa.” Minhyuk said.

 

“I’m outta here. Bye.” Jungshin waved his hand.

 

 

Yonghwa looked at Jonghyun.

 

“I’m sorry, Yong. But Spark is on call with Potts tonight.” Jonghyun giggled.

 

“Are you serious, Jonghyun? How many Potts you have?” Minhyuk asked.

 

“Same as you. Bye boys.” Jonghyun left with Minhyuk.

 

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa laid his head on his custom made chair. “Aish, how will I get home?”

 

 

 

 

Not knowing when or where this bus gonna take him, he just sit and staring blankly on other passengers. He began to describe slash make fun of those people. In his mind, he began to question somebody’s coat, gadget and even their voice. What a world is this? How can they wear that? How can they eat that? Never ending how cans..

 

 

 

Bus stop.

A lady sat wearing faded jeans, oversize white shirt and a cap stood beside him. “Can you move beside a little? That sit is for two.” She said.

 

“Just sit on the others. I don’t want to sit with strangers.” He said with irritation.

 

 

“Ajusshi! Can you please stop for a bit because some passenger is confused whether he is on bus or taxi.” She shouted.

 

“Hey! Give some space to the lady. You’re delaying our trip!” The driver shouted at him.

 

 

He can’t do anything. “Are you happy now?”

 

She didn’t respond. She moved her cap forward to her eyes so the light can’t reach her eyes. Enough for her to get some sleep until she gets home.

 

 

“What happened to the world? Why I keep running to these kinds of ladies these days.” Yonghwa whispered to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

Shinhye’s phone ring all of a sudden, made her lose her balance and fall a bit to Yonghwa. “Tch.”

 

“Ugh, so you think it’s my fault?” Yonghwa shouted.

 

“Tch, you’re so noisy.” She glared at him.

 

 

“Hello, this is Made-- . What’s the deal?” She said over the line. She can’t say the word Mademoiselle because she is not Mademoiselle at this moment. She is just the ordinary Shinhye.

 

 

“Okay, I got it. Give me all I need and we’re done.” She said lastly.

 

 

“What are you staring at?” She asked Yonghwa.

 

“I think I saw you before..”

 

“I’m sorry but I’m not interested with you.” She fixed her cap again.

 

“Who said I’m interested with you? I’m just saying that you’re familiar with me.”

 

She didn’t respond, as usual she’s continuing her nap.

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa scratched his head. “This is all Mademoiselle’s fault.”