Wasn't Expected

Monsieur meets his Mademoiselle
 
 
 
 
Shinhye was a bit awkward with the scene. She never expected things will go this way. 
 
 
It's like a deal that leads to another deal that wasn't even in the plan. 
 
 
It's like raining in a summer daylight. 
 
 
It's not impossible to happen, but shocking and surprising because it wasn't expected.
 
 
It wasn't expected that she'd fall to a man that wasn't expected too; that he'd fall for her.
 
 
 
Wasn't expected but happened..
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
Yonghwa crumpled the paper on his desk. A certain anger slowly filling his head. Eryca just delivered the engagement invitation, his name and hers are in front page. His anger is even more transmitting to his Dad because he didn't do what he just promise. "Where is President Jung?" He asked to his Secretary. 
 
 
 
"He is here, CEO."
 
 
"Secretary Kim, get rid of all the this kind of junk." He's pertaining to the invitation. 
 
 
 
"I will, CEO. And by the way, don't forget Mademoiselle will be here so you can proceed with your work. I'll excuse my self now." Secretary Kim bowed and left his office. 
 
 
 
 
He wasn't afraid if Shinhye saw the invitations. She understand the situation. And he's glad that she is the type of a woman that really understand him, even at this kind of pathetic situation. 
 
 
She is Mademoiselle, after all.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yonghwa was standing on his Dad's front, waiting for his Dad while his on the line with someone. 
Business as usual. 
 
 
 
 
"Sit down." President Jung said.
 
 
Yonghwa obeyed. 
 
 
"Did you see the invitation already?" His Dad asked. He never wanted to say that he's doing this because of Yonghwa's stake. He can't lose the whole empire, because he's afraid that Yonghwa will suffer.
 
 
He admit to his self, it's not all about Yonghwa. Of course, he founded it with his bare hands, he was be able to grow a little company to an empire. 
It's not all about Yonghwa, but for him also. 
And that, if it called selfishness to Yonghwa, he'll admit it. 
At the end of the day, it's for him and for his son. 
 
 
 
Yonghwa grabbed something from his pocket. "Here.."
 
 
 
Yonghwa slowly turned all his cards and keys. All of them. "Let's just exchange. We did this not long time ago. I'll just ride bus or stay at a little room. I just want to live freely." He sincerely said. 
 
 
 
 
President Jung looked at his son. "Even you gave it all back, nothing will happen. You know this is your fate, you are Jung Yonghwa. Soon enough you'll marry Eryca. Soon enough business will be prosperous. That's our fate."
 
 
 
"Yonghwa!" President Jung shouted at his own son. 
 
 
 
"President Jung. I mean, Dad. Please, I don't wanna be engage on someone I don't even know."
 
 
 
"Are you saying this because you are seeing someone? I heard that she's been helping you in your work. But that doesn't mean that she'll take an important thing from you."
 
 
 
"Are you really going to pursue this, President Jung?" Yonghwa said in a cold tone, while his hand were curled. 
 
 
 
"I will."
 
 
 
"Fine, then I'll make a way. I don't want this path your giving me. I am Jung Yonghwa. I'm not that capable of doing wonders but I'll try, because I believe I can. I'm going now, President Jung." He bowed, at least he has still the respect. 
 
 
***
 
 
 
The old man who is sponsor is meeting the head of the orphanage. He's in suit with gray coat on him. 
 
 
A very honest smile lit on his face. "Is everything alright?"
 
 
Superior Lee smiled back. "Everything is alright. Thank you for supporting us, we've been on rocks lately."
 
 
"Are the clothes and goods every Christmas are delivered here?" He asked.
 
 
Superior Lee glanced straightly to him. "Are you.. Are you the one who's sending it?" She seems so surprised. "I can't remember when it started that someone supports us giving those needs. More than ten years I think?"
 
 
 
"I'm so sorry I just revealed my identity. But I'm glad that the kids are benefiting them." 
 
 
"Yes, we are so happy that God from above send you as an instrument." Superior Lee made a sign of the cross and intertwined her hands. 
 
 
 
"Can I ask something?" 
 
 
"Anything, Sir." Superior Lee said softly.
 
 
 
"About Park Shinhye, where is she now?"
 
 
"How did you know about our Shinhye?"
 
 
 
"Uh.." He firstly uttered. "Someone said to me that she's the brightest girl here when she was still living here."
 
 
 
"Our Shinhye is doing well on Seoul. She's working on a good company. That's what she said every time I ask her where she got money to give in our orphanage."
 
 
 
"I see." He fixed his glasses while he watched the kids playing outside.
 
 
***
 
 
 
 
 
"You are Mademoiselle?" President Jung asked. 
 
 
 
"Yes, I am." She bowed.
 
 
"So, you're the one helping Yonghwa all along?"
 
 
Shinhye smiled. "Yes."
 
 
 
"I'd be happy if you stop."
 
 
"Stop?" She asked.
 
 
 
"Yes."
 
 
"May I ask why?"
 
 
"Because my son keeps seeing you instead of Eryca."
 
 
"That's all, President Jung?" 
 
 
 
"Yes."
 
 
 
"I'm so sorry to be disrespectful this time. But you can fool Yonghwa, but not me. I know a thing or two on this business." She said. "I'm not saying this because I'm making my self visible to Yonghwa but because I want you, President, to realized what is wrong. Rather than acknowledging your defeat to Eryca's Dad."
 
 
 
President Jung was shocked. "H-how did you knew all of this?"
 
 
 
"I'm a lobbyist, President Jung. I know what's the problem and how to solve it." She opened the documents. "Today, we've got nothing, zero deal, all was fetched by Louricks Int'l. As based how dirty they play, they are triggering your empire." She explained. 
 
 
"They can do whatever they wanted to, they can tear me up into pieces, Mademoiselle."
 
 
"So you're using your son as a bribe?"
 
 
"No, not really."
 
 
 
"You are."
 
 
 
 
President Jung's secretary went in. "Sir, Miss Eryca Lee is here."
 
 
 
"Please let her come in." He said.
 
 
 
 
Eryca saw Shinhye. "Oh, the con-artist is here." She laughed.
 
 
"Con-artist?" President Jung asked.
 
 
 
"She's not a lobbyist, Dad." She called Yonghwa's Dad as her Dad.
 
 
 
"What do you mean?" 
 
 
"Not is the right time, Dad. But now is the good time to kick her out on this empire. She's not a good asset. I demand, as the future lady, fire this Mademoiselle."
 
 
 
 
Mademoiselle smirked. She bit his lips. 
 
 
"She doesn't have a contract on this company, they had private deal with Yonghwa." President Jung explained to Eryca. 
 
 
 
 
 
Shinhye's phone rang. It's Hongki. 
 
 
"Noona!!" He shouted. 
 
 
 
"Why Hongki?"
 
 
 
"Did you sell the cafe? Why some men are starting to change the front of the place??! Noona, please come here!!" 
 
 
 
Shinhye looked at Eryca.
 
 
"First I said I can make you make me a coffee. And you did. This time, I can make you go run into your cafe, because if you not, you'll regret it." Eryca whispered and smirked.