Two Years

Monsieur meets his Mademoiselle
 
 
 
 
"Can you please check this stuff? Tell me if this has good grounds." Shinhye told her Secretary. 
 
 
 
Her Secretary feels something is wrong with her mood. She's not like that a while ago. "Are you okay, Ma'am?"
 
 
 
Shinhye nodded. "Just do that and discuss to me immediately. I need to get that tonight." 
 
 
 
"Ma'am, I'll check this out but I need to go early. It's my Mom's birthday and I took this leave last week." She explained. 
 
 
 
"Okay, then just search in our database if that company exists or something." 
 
 
 
"Yes, Ma'am. I will." She bowed. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Exactly ten minutes after, Shinhye was told that the company is good. 
 
 
"Can I go now Ma'am?" She asked. 
 
 
 
"Ok." She paused. "By the way, is President Kim is on his office?"
 
 
 
"Yes, he is there Ma'am." She bowed.
 
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
Shinhye knocked on President Kim's. She found him staring at the window. Just like she used to see him. Always. 
 
"Is the view that magnificent? You always look there." She smiled. 
 
 
 
"Shinhye, you here." 
 
 
 
"Is there something bothering you?" She asked, his face flustered so much worry. 
 
 
 
"You know why I always stare at this view?" He asked. 
 
 
 
"Because its a very pretty place down under?" She guessed.
 
 
 
"No. It's because I always look beyond. And think beyond." He firmly said. "Shinhye.."
 
 
 
"Hmm?"
 
 
 
"The board demanded something." He said.
 
 
 
"On the meeting yesterday?" She asked. 
 
 
"Yes." 
 
 
"What is it?"
 
 
 
"They demanded you to finish some units first, before taking over K&H. Outside Korea." 
 
 
 
Shinhye stared at him. She doesn't want to fail President Kim, of course she'll do that. She wants to become something also. She wants to be on that position not because she's greedy but she wants that badly for the sake of everybody. "And that'll take?" 
 
 
 
"Two years." 
 
 
 
Oh shoot, two years. 
Her mind start to think two years beyond. 
Two years outside the place she was. 
"Two years. I'll take it." She said.
 
 
 
President Kim was surprised. He wasn't prepared that she'll take that in one go. No twice thinking. No buts. "Shinhye.. Are you sure? You know I can make you the President even without that. Never mind the board if you really doesn't like to go. Two years is not like two months. That will be a long time."
 
 
 
 
Shinhye rushed to him and held his hand. "Grandpa, I know you'll support me in all my decisions. But I want something that will make me the president they want to be. Two years is not a long time, I'll blink and sleep and two years are over." She smiled. Without hesitation. 
 
 
 
 
President Kim asked directly. "What about Yonghwa? You'll leave him here for two years?" Yonghwa is one of the reason why he doesn't want. Shinhye to go outside the country. Because he knows how much Shinhye cares for him. And as well as Yonghwa loves her. 
 
 
 
"He'll understand." She smiled. 
 
 
 
"Really?" 
 
 
 
"He's my dummy Yonghwa. I'll handle him. Don't worry." 
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Is everything ready?" Minhyuk asked. 
 
 
"Are we really doing this?" Jungshin asked.
 
 
 
"We're almost done." Jonghyun explained. 
 
 
 
Minhyuk sat on the chair. "I can't believe we're doing this for one woman. I can't believe Yonghwa."
 
 
 
"Don't you know how many accomplice he had for this to be possible?" Jungshin grins. "My production staff in LBS participated also. And don't forget that her secretary lied." He pouted on Shinhye's secretary direction. Still on last minute preps. 
 
 
 
"Even his Dad. I can't believe he made a legal company name for this." Jonghyun said.
 
 
 
"Where the hell is Yonghwa by the way? It's almost eight." 
 
 
 
 
"Relax, he's practicing since yesterday for this. Let him be." Jungshin sighed.
 
 
"If this will put into trash and failed, I'll never do this on mine. Ever." Minhyuk demanded.
 
 
 
It's so unusual that they are decorating the place.
It's so unusual that they are doing this for Yonghwa. 
Yonghwa! Who's a guy they never expected to be this serious on Shinhye. 
 
 
 
 
 
Yonghwa, entered the room, wearing a very gorgeous suit. More like the CEO Jung Yonghwa. 
His face seems so nervous that in a well tailored suit, his tie is at fault. 
 
 
Jonghyun sighed and fixed it for him. "Are you prepared now? Are you sure?"
 
 
"Of course, I am." He said with pride. "I'm afraid if eligible men start making ways her, I'm doomed."
 
 
 
"Eligible man like me?" Jonghyun teasingly said. 
 
 
 
"Just do what I told you to do." He said to him. "Any minute she'll arrived here."
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shinhye's secretary approach them. "CEO Jung, she's here already."
 
 
 
"Really? Okay. Proceed to your positions." He demanded to them. "And you did a very good job on K&H. Thank you." He said to Shinhye's sec.
 
 
 
She just bowed.
 
 
 
Yonghwa took a very deep breath before proceeding. 
This is it.
Hoping for the best. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shinhye memorized all the things she need to do. 
Of course, for her it's not all about the lobbying Yonghwa said this afternoon. It's more about President Kim revealed. That two years, outside Korea. That two years, that she need to be without Yonghwa. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yonghwa cling to her arms very softly. He smiled. "You're ready?"
 
 
 
Shinhye nodded. "Yonghwa.." She wanted to start the conversation. But something forced her not to. "Let's go." She diverted. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shinhye roamed on the room before saying the deal to the other part, who were staring at her bluntly. She was confused why they aren't handling even a piece of paper. It seems that they aren't interested or they have gotten the deal to other corporations. 
 
 
 
 
 
"We're not interested on giving the Jung Empire the rights." One said.
 
 
 
Shinhye stopped. "Then why bother accounting us tonight?"
 
 
 
"We want something more." 
 
 
"Something more? How much?" She said, pissed off.
 
 
"CEO Jung Yonghwa know it."
 
 
 
Shinhye looked at him, her eyes are asking. 
 
Yonghwa bit his lips. No answer.
 
 
 
 
One from the other company stand up and give a sealed envelope to her. 
"What's this?" She asked, then teared the envelope. 
 
 
 
 
Then a blackout, happened.
Shinhye didn't have the chance to see what's inside it. 
The people started to murmur what's going on. Still on the plan.
 
 
 
"What happened to the lights?" She shouted. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then after some murmurs. The lights on. 
 
 
 
Plain walls, in an instant, have decorations.
White ceiling, in an instant, have little balloons. 
Quiet room, in an instant, have sweet background music.
People, in an instant, just the two of them remained. 
 
All is perfect. 
 
 
 
 
 
We want you to say yes..
 
 
 
That's the written inside the sealed envelope. 
 
 
 
Yonghwa got her hand and started to caress her face until to her back. "I'm sorry, my plan is the lamest." He said. 
 
 
 
Shinhye laughed a bit. So that's it. That's what he's been doing. Tried to piss me off and such. "No, I think you did a great job." She started not to laugh more. 
 
 
 
"No it's not." He scratched his head. "And I know even I pulled off the most perfect proposal, it'll just be lame. You're Shinhye."
 
 
 
 
"You know.." She paused. "Even it's the lamest and mushiest proposal, my answer will not change. I'd still say yes to you, dummy." 
 
 
 
Yonghwa hugged Shinhye. "Thank you. For saying yes to a dummy. I think that's what we call true love. Loving a dummy." 
 
 
 
"Yonghwa.." She whispered.
 
 
 
"I think I'm the one who will surprise you." She added. Loosed her embrace to him.
 
 
 
"Hmm?"
 
 
 
"Let's go outside. Somewhere cold." She smiled.
 
 
 
 
Yonghwa wasn't able to ask because he was dragged by her immediately out of that place. His mind starting to fill what is that surprise. 
Then he felt something in Shinhye's smile.
That smile. 
He knows.
That smile.
He knows.
He's scared.