Chapter 2

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

"Excuse me? I think you've got the wrong person, sir." Jenny said with her eyebrows raised. Seunghyun blinked a few times and said, "Oh, I'm sorry... I guess I did." He bowed down and Jenny just shrugged and walked away with her camera, while Seunghyun just continued to stare at her.

"Aish, I'm just tired... yeah, I'm tired. It can't be her." He sighed and shrugged it off. He walked towards the operation room, and once he saw Jiyong seated at one of the seats, he sighed heavily. "I wonder if he's going to change now?" He muttered as he approached him silently. Once he reached Jiyong. Jiyong opened his left eye and said, "Oh, you're here?" 

Seunghyun nodded and sat down beside him, "How's halmeoni?" Jiyong sighed and closed his eyes, "Still inside the operating room. They said it's critical, hyung..." Seunghyun froze and looked at his friend. Somehow, he saw a different side of Jiyong once again. It's not the usual playful side, but it's the soft side of him. 

"Hey." Seunghyun called his friend softly. Jiyong opened his eyes tiredly and waited for Seunghyun's response. 

"Halmeoni's going to be alright. She's a fighter, remember? Ever since we were young, she's always been by your side, I know she won't leave you." Jiyong smiled slightly and nodded, "I hope so too, hyung... I just hope so." 

~•~•~•~

"Dr. Park! Her pulse is going lower! We have to hurry!" One of the nurses exclaimed and it made Dara panic. She closed her eyes as her hands shook. She took a deep breath, "Okay, let's do this." 

"Give me the scalpel." Dr. Park ordered as she took the scalpel off of Dr. Go's hands. She made an incision down at the center of the patient's sternum and connected her heart to the heart-lung bypass machine. "Is the blood circulation stable?" Dara asked. 

"Yes, Dr. Park." She nodded as beads of sweat were now going down on her forehead. When the patient's heart was stopped, she looked at clock and said, "Tell me when I hit the thirty minute mark. She won't be able to hold it in when it's past that, okay?" The nurse nodded as she kept on track of the time. 

Dara was nervous than ever, even though she deals with different kinds of surgeries every day. 

The feeling that someone was waiting for the patient outside this operation room was making her feel more determined. She had to succeed. For her patient and for the patient's family. 

"Single bypass." She said after fifteen minutes. 

"Double bypass." 

"Thirty minutes is done, Dr. Park." Dara nodded and unhooked the tube out of the patient's heart, making her heart pump once again. She checked one again if she had to do a triple bypass. She looked at the time and realized that it has been over three hours. She sighed and said, "The wires. We're going to sew her up now." The nurses went by her side and helped her along the way.

She carefully stitched every inch of what she cut earlier at the beginning and made sure everything was clear. The vitals and her pulse. "She's good ma'm. You did it." Dara sighed in relief as she took her mask and gloves off. "Make sure to carefully place her in the ICU for the first night. Check up on her every two hours, as much as possible, I want all her vitals to be stable. She's not young, she's old. We have to be careful." They nodded as they cleaned everything up. 

Dara walked out of the operation room to see Jiyong seated down alone. When Jiyong heard the operation doors opened, he opened his eyes and jumped out of his seat to talk to Dara. 

"Doc, how is my grandmother?" He asked nervously as he saw Dara's e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter