Chapter 30

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY

"What the hell is this kid saying?" Jenny asked herself as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She cleared and pulled away from Seunghyun's hug and scratched her head unsurely. She didn't know what to do after Seunghyun's sudden kiss and hug. What should she say? Should she say 'okay, I'll be by your side' or should she say 'what the hell are you saying?'. Jenny was too confused to even think straight right now. 

"Erm, do you want to go inside and have a drink of... tea? Or coffee, perhaps?" Jenny muttered while looking down on the ground, fiddling with her clutch bag. Seunghyun looked at her and couldn't help but think that she's adorable. 

He nodded his head and said, "Okay. I'd like that." Jenny glanced up only to see Seunghyun smiling down at her. Wanting to avoid the awkwardness, she nodded her head as a response and immediately ran to their front porch. She reached for her house keys and successfully went inside without even hesitating. 

Seunghyun chuckled and then followed Jenny inside their house to have a cup of coffee or tea, or maybe . 

~•~•~•~

Dara raised an eyebrow as they reached a cliff that had the nicest view of Seoul. Her breath got taken away as soon as Jiyong's car halted — seeing the beautiful city in full view was just breath taking. Her eyes couldn't leave the gorgeous view. Jiyong looked at her and was glad that she liked the view. 

"Woah, this is so daebak. Can I go out?" Dara asked as she continued to stare at the beautiful city at night time. 

Jiyong nodded and said, "Go ahead." Dara grinned and didn't hesitate to go out of Jiyong's car and sprinted with her tall heels closer to the end of the cliff. She stood still by the end and watched as she saw cars passing by and people scattered along the streets while Jiyong stood behind her and watched her. 

He placed his hands inside his dress pants' pocket and walked closer to Dara. He stood beside her and joined Dara as she enjoyed the view. 

"It's really beautiful! This is daebak!" Dara exclaimed, full of excitement. 

Jiyong chuckledm glancing at her, "You're more beautiful though." Hearing such compliment, she immediately blushed. She looked away and bit her lip, cursing herself for blusing that easily. Jiyong laughed and walked closer to her, hugging her from the back and cradling her side to side. 

Although Dara got taken a back with Jiyong's sudden gesture, she didn't push him away. Instead, she held his hands and held them tightly in hers. She rested her back on his chest and relaxed, savouring the sweet moment in front of the beautiful view. Jiyong sighed in content as he laid his chin on her shoulder. 

"I wish we could stay like this forever." Jiyong whispered, making Dara smile. 

"Me too, Jiyong. Me too." She thought, hesitating whether to say it out loud or not. Nevertheless, she was happy at their current situation. She's happy that Jiyong is with her, and that her relationship with Jiyong is all better; not completely better though. Their status was still a bit unclear to the both of them. 

And that's why Jiyong brought Dara here tonight, to clear it all out. 

"Noona." Jiyong called her with her old endearment. 

Honestly, Dara liked it when Jiyong just called her Dara, not noona. Dara hummed and ignored his endearment. "Hmmm?" Enjoying Jiyong's warm hug, she held on tighter to Jiyong. 

"Do you think we could ever go back to what we were before?" Jiyong asked sincerely. He had stopped cradling her and just simply hugged her tightly from  her back. Dara weakly smiled and turned around to face Jiyong. She held on to his hands and didn't wash off the smile on her face. 

She looked into Jiyong's brown orbs and said, "Jiyong... I know you're eager to get back what we had when we were younger, and I know I'm going to be selfish to ask you this... but can we wait a little longer? At least when I tell Jenny about the truth already? I... I just can't be happy alone, you know? I don't want to be happy and let my sister frown in sorrow when she knows about the truth." 

Jiyong looked right back at her and fully understood her. He let go of her hands and cupped her face. He nodded his head and said, "Don't worry. I'll wait patiently for you. I understand where you're coming from and you don't have to worry about me. Maybe I just need... assurance. That's all. I just need to know if you still want to come back to me." 

Dara chuckled and nodded, "As I said earlier today, I'll always be there with you." 

Jiyong smiled and felt the assurance he was asking for. Feeling relieved, he leaned in and kissed her forehead longer than expected. Dara closed her eyes and kept her smile as Jiyong pressed his lips on her forehead. He pulled away and looked into her eyes before getting lost into her deep brown eyes. 

Dara held onto his hands that were cupping her face and stared right back into his beautiful eyes. 

Getting lost into each other's stare, Jiyong leaned closer to her, inching closer to her pink soft lips. Dara's heart stared to beat faster as Jiyong came closer. She saw Jiyong closing his eyes and she too, as if it was an automatic reaction, closed her eyes. She waited until Jiyong's plump lips touched her soft lips. 

After years of not being able to feel his lips, she felt happy that she could finally think that Jiyong was hers again. Not officially, but at least she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter