Chapter 15

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I was in front of my body sized mirror, looking at myself and thinking if I already looked presentable. I scratched my head as I thought, "Why do I even have to look presentable? He's the one visiting, so I should just wear whatever. It's my house anyways." But then, I shook my head. Thinking that we're not even that close for him to see me at my most comfiest clothes. I nodded in agreement as I shot myself a last look before heading out of my room. 

As if on cue, I heard the door bell ring. I immediately ran down the stairs and went to the front door. Once I opened the door, I saw that goofy smile that Seunghyun always wears on his face. I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Come in." He nodded and stepped inside our house and closed the door behind him. I walked over to the living room and said, "Have a seat." He obliged and sat down on one of our couches. 

I walked to the kitchen and yelled, "Do you want anything to drink?" 

"Water would be fine, thank you!" Seunghyun yelled, making me chuckle. I nodded in reply even if I knew he wouldn't be able to see me. I took out the water pitcher and a glass. I poured water to the glass and took a sip from mine and placed back the water pitcher inside the fridge before taking the two glasses in my hand. I emerged from the living room and mmediately placed Seunghyun's glass down on the coffee table where I was working at earlier. 

"I'm sorry for the mess." I muttered as I sat down on the floor and gathered my files. 

Seunghyun chuckled and said, "No worries. I don't mind, it's your house anyway." I nodded in agreement and asked, "So, what made you come here? And don't you even dare telling me that you're just bored." Seunghyun shugged and said, "I was really bored though. I was telling you the truth and still am." I scoffed and turned to look at him. 

"Seriously? Don't you have anything better to do than bother me?" I asked with my eyebrows raised. 

He shrugged again like it's not annoying and said, "I like annoying you, and besides, I'd like to know what you do on a daily basis besides taking pictures." I sighed and said, "You sure are one heck of a nosy man, aren't you?" He laughed and said, "Well, if you see me that way, then I guess I am." 

~•~•~•~

In the hospital, Dara was still inside the operating room, the husband of the crying woman earlier. She was doing her best to save the man in front her, but her anxiousness was getting the best of her. She didn't want anyone to be left alone like she was. She ddn't want anyone to feel alone just like she did. She didn't anybody to lose someone to important to them just like she did. 

That's why she promised to herself that she will become a doctor and save lives. 

She will do better than the doctors that tended her deceased parents and save lives. 

She will also do everything to save Jenny. To protect her from the people that-

she was suddenly cut off when she heard her assistant yell, "Dr. Park! FOCUS! The patient's heart beat is going down drastically, we must focus and hurry before it's too late!" Dara immediately felt guilty and determination washed her whole being. She was determined to save the man in front of her and bring him back safely into the arms of his loving family. 

She nodded to herself and focused on her job. 

~•~•~•~

I was diligently doing my work when I continuously felt Seunghyun's heavy gazes at me. I glanced up at him for a moment and caught him staring right back at me. I raised my eyebrow at him and asked, "What are you looking at?" It seems like he was spacing out because he totally got startled by my remark. 

He looked at me shyly and immediately looked away, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare. I just..." 

I chuckled at his cuteness... wait. CUTENESS?! What the heck am I thinking? Straighten up your mind Jenny Park! Nevertheless, I chuckled and said, "Spaced out? That's okay. No harm done. It's not like you burned holes in my body." He looked down and started fidgiting with his fingers, making me raise my eyebrows, "Ya, why are you suddenly shy?" 

He looked up and shook his head, denying that he's shy, "I'm not shy." 

I laughed slightly and shook my he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter