Chapter 8

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

Jenny had already went to the hospital she was confined in and asked if there was a restaurant nearby and they told her there was. They had given her the full address and the directions so that she could go there easily. She was already on her way towards the restaurant when her phone rang. She raised her eyebrows and and saw who her caller was. 

"Why is he calling me?" She muttered, and then remembered that she had texted him this morning for the restaurant's address. She picked up the call and greeted him in a non chalant way, "Yoboseyo?"

"Hey, sorry if I didn't get to reply earlier. I was busy accompanying my friend. I didn't really check my phone, so yeah... Do you still want the address of the restaurant? Or we can go together if you want." Seunghyun stated over the phone, while Jenny shook her head, even if Seunghyun wouldn't be able to see her. 

"Oh, no. That's okay. I've already went to the hospital where you brought me and asked them the address instead." Jenny said as she continued to walk down the road. She could almost see the restaurant and she was so happy that she squealed. Seunghyun immediately responded, "Ya, why did you just squeal?"

"Oh, mianhe. It's because I could see the restaurant now... it's about time, after that long walk." Jenny muttered, and then she realized that he was talking to her informally. She squinted her eyes and halted, "Ya! Did you just talked to me in banmal?! If you were here, I would whack your head!" Seunghyun chortled and said, "Oh, yeah. I forgot that you're my noona... but you don't look like a noona to me. You're too small to be a noona." 

Jenny gasped and said, "YA! Just you wait, I will give you a good beating!" As if one cue, she was already in front of the restaurant. She looked at the restaurant and smiled. "SUCCESS!" She did a little victory dance and even forgot that she was talking on the phone with Seunghyun. Suddenly, she heard him laugh again. She pouted and asked, "Ya, why are you laughing? What's funny?" 

"Stop dancing like a crazy woman." Seunghyun said and she was suddenly alarmed. 

She gasped and looked everywhere, but she couldn't see him anywhere, "WHERE ARE YOU?! How did you know that I was..." She couldn't even admit that she was dancing because she was embarrassed. "That you were?" Jenny gritted her teeth and looked around again, until she saw someone from the corner of the restaurant with blue hair. 

She smirked and said, "Ahh, forget it. It's not like you're here, right?" She said as she slowly tip toed towards the man that was facing his back to her. "Yeah, that's right. I just had a hunch that you were crazily dancing." Jenny smirked and immediately ended the call when she reached Seunghyun's back. Seunghyun immediately furrowed his eyebrows as he checked if she really did hung up on him. 

"Aish, did she just hang up on me?!" Seunghyun uttered. Jenny, the woman full of mischief, leaned against his ear and whispered, "Looking for me?" Seunghyun jumped out of his spot and looked like he was about to pee in his pants. Jenny started to laugh as she clutched onto her stomach. "Omo, you were so funny! Hahahaha!" 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes as he cleared his throat and straightened his posture. "YA, why did you scare me for?! Aren't you suppose to go inside the restaurant?" Jenny let herself laugh before responding as she reminsced Seunghyun's reaction to her little scare. She shook her head as her laugh slowly died down. She wiped her small tears away from her swollen cheeks as she chuckled away the left laughs she had. 

Seunghyun sighed and scratched the back of his head, "Ya, stop laughing." One. 

"YA! Will you stop laughing?" Two. 

"Aish, you... aren't you going to stop laughing?" Three. 

Jenny looked at him with a serious gaze as she realized that he was still using informal language on her. "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm your NOONA! NOONA! You nincompoop!" She contorted. Seunghyun's eyes widened at her ridiculous remark. 

"M-MWOH?! Nincompoop? Did you just call the almighty Choi Seunghyun, a nincompoop?!" Seunghyun exclaimed, his ego definitely hurt. 

"Yeah, that's right. I called you a nincompoop. What's wrong with that? Isn't that right? And aren't you supposed to be calling me noona?!" Jenny retorted back as she folded her arms, showing authority. Seunghyun was about to protest when he heard someone call him. "Seunghyun-ah? What are you doing out here?" He looked at the entrance of the restaurant and found the ahjumma that owned the restaurant. 

"Oh, ahjumma!" Seunghyun waved at her. The ahjumma smiled and saw that Seunghyun had company with him, "Oh, you have a friend with you?" Seunghyun glanced at Jenny and nodded. 

"Neh, just a NOONA that I know from work." Seunghyun said with a smirk. Jenny glared at him and scoffed, "Such a ninny." Seunghyun's eyes twitched as he rolled his eyes at her. 

"Ahhh, I see, but is everything okay?" The ahjumma kindly asked, while Jenny turned around and looked at the ahjumma and bowed down in 90 degrees. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jenny-imnida." The ahjumma smiled and bowed slightly. 

"Oh, neh neh. It's nice to meet you, but... you seem familiar." The ahjumma said as she tilted her head on the side. Seunghyun nodded and said, "Yeah, that's because she was the one who fainted yesterday, ahjumma." The ahjumma then realized that she really was. "AH! You're right. Oh my, are you alright now?" Jenny smiled and nodded as she felt the warmness in the ahjumma's aura. 

"Aigoo, let's talk inside. Come on in." The ahjumm ainvited the both of them inside as Jenny and Seunghyun rolled their eyes at each other. They followed the ahjumma inside and she immediately led them towards a table. Jenny pulled out the chair for herself, while Seunghyun did the same. They were facing each other, but they were simply avoiding each other's gaze. 

They didn't know why, but the atmosphere seemed to be a little awkward for the both of them. 

"Erm, why did you ask for the address of this restaurant?" Seunghyun asked curiously as Jenny stopped looking around and landed her gaz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter