Chapter 32

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

"Wait, wait... what you mean is, our own father wants both of us dead?" Bom asked in a calm tone, but disbelief couldn't be disguised in her voice. She had a slight frown on her face and it upsets me—I know telling her the truth would hurt her, but I had to. I nodded my head slowly, clearly not favoured about our own father's greed. 

"I can't believe this..." Bom whispered to herself, staring blankly at the carpet whilst sitting by the couch of our living room. 

She looked up at me, her eyes showing grief at the happenings she learned today. She sighed heavily and hesitated to speak up. I furrowed my eyebrows, knowing she had something to say to me, "What is it? Don't hesitate, unnie." I told her with a hint of concern in my voice. 

She bit her bottom lip before looking down at her hands, "D-Didn't you say you know where our mother is? Where is she? I-I-Is she okay?" She asked, and I couldn't help but bite back my tears. I bit my lip as well and touched her fiddlings fingers. I smiled and nodded, "Mmm, she's alright. I... haven't seen her for a while. Do you want to see her?" 

Bom looked up at me and her eyes shouted excitement and giddiness. Her smile were exceeding its limit as her cheekbones were about to explode, "Really?!" She exclaimed, jumping out of the couch in excitement. 

I chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, maybe today... maybe today we can finally greet her as our omma." 

Bom furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at me, "What do you mean? She doesn't know it's us?" I looked at her and shook my head, "She knows it's us, but I just haven't introduced myself formally as her daughter before. I never have." Bom pursed her lips and stayed silent for a moment before pulling me up from the couch. 

"Then that's good! Today, we can finally meet our mom! Get your up and get ready!" 

I laughed and let Bom push me towards the stairs as we went on our separate ways to our rooms. Can we finally meet our mom formally? Can we have our little family back? Can we at least have one parent that could take care of us? 

~•~•~•~

"Mr. Kwon, it's nice to see you home," Mr. Jang, the Kwon's loyal butler greeter Jiyong by the front door of their mansion. Jiyong smiled at the old man and bowed, "Mr. Jang, it's nice to see you as well. By any chance, is halmeoni at home?" Mr. Jang smiled and nodded, "yes, sir, she's at her office. Do you want me to you there?"

Jiyong shook his head, "Aniyo, no need. I'll just go there by myself. Thanks, Mr. Jang." 

He walked away and walked towards his grandmother's office. He was already in front of Nana Kwon's study room, almost about to knock when he could hear voices arguing inside Nana Kwon's office. He furrowed his eyebrows and leaned his ears against the door to hear better. 

"Jung Hwa! You can't do this to your own son!" Nana Kwon exclaimed. 

"Omoni, you know I'm only doing this because I care for Jiyong. I want the best for him! I want him to be successful, not some rebellious son who just goes around going for girls!" Mrs. Kwon exclaimed back. 

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows, "What are they talking about?" He thought to himself as he continued to eavesdrop. 

"You don't understand, Jung Hwa. You're doing this out of greed. Your mother did not raise you to be like this! Your mother did not raise you to be a monstrous mother to my grandson! Your mother raised you to be loving and caring, but why? Why did you result to be a terrible mother to Jiyongie? What did he do wrong to you? What did I do wrong?" And at this rate, Jiyong clenched his teeth in pain. He could feel his grandmother's aching heart just by hearing her painful words. 

"W-W-What?" Mrs. Kwon let out a faint answer. 

Jiyong closed his eyes and decided it was best to interfere now or never. He sighed heavily before barging inside his Nana Kwon's study. He mask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter