Chapter 4

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR

Dara was diligently making her daily check ups on her patients when she bumped with someone. She bowed down and immediately apologized and turned away to walk away when she was called. "Dara?" She furrowed her eyebrows as she turned around and saw one of her colleagues and one of her suitors. She sighed and bowed down, and greeted him, "Oh, Dr. Lee." 

He frowned and said, "Dara, didn't I tell you to call me Donghae?" Dara smiled weakly and bowed down, "Oh, mianhe. It slipped off my mind, but I'll surely call you Donghae next time, but not now, I'm kind of busy." Donghae smiled and nodded, "Go ahead and do your daily routes." Dara nodded and turned her heels as her assistant followed her. 

Her assistant giggled and nudged her, "He really likes you, huh, Dr. Park?" Dara glared at her and sighed, "Just ignore him." 

"Dara!" Donghae exclaimed, in return, Dara stopped her tracks and looked back at him. She looked at him expressionlessly as Donghae raised his hands and made out a heart shape with his hands. Dara rolled her eyes and waved at him awkwardly and immediately walked away with her assistant. 

"Aish, why is he so dorky?" Dara muttered as she flipped the paper on her clipboard. Her assistant, Nurse Oh, Oh Yuri, kept on teasing her. Yuri nudged her side and whispered, "Why don't you just accept his love?" Dara rolled her eyes and said, "I don't want to." Yuri looked at her boss and said, "Dr. Park, that guy that is overheels with you is one of the best surgeons in this entire hospital, well next to you of course, why won't you accept him?" 

Dara stopped in her tracks and narrowly looked at her assistant, "Seriously? We're having this talk? I just don't want to Yuri, and besides, that's not fun at all. If I'm a surgeon and he's a surgeon, what would we talk about? Our common interests? Stitching people up? Making incisions of 4 cm near the heart? That's lame." 

Yuri couldn't help but laugh, "You're too amusing, Dr. Park." Dara sighed and shook her head and continued to walk.

"But, if you don't like Dr. Lee, then what is your ideal man like?" Yuri asked curiously. Dara pursed her lips and racked her brains, but to be honest, she hasn't even thought about that, not when she was still broken and unmended. Dara shook her head and said, "I don't have one. I guess he justneeds to be an interesting guy, and of course a nice one." 

Yuri nodded and felt satisfied with her boss' answer. As they walked, Dara reviewed her next patient's record. "Oh, we're going to check on Mrs. Kwon now, aren't we?" Yuri nodded and said, "Yes, we are." Dara nodded and went towards Mrs. Kwon's room. Dara slowly opened the door to see Mrs. Kwon watching TV as she laid down on her back. 

"Oh, Dr. Park!" Mrs. Kwon enthusiastically greeted. Dara smiled brightly at her as she felt welcomed, "Mrs. Kwon, how have you been? Have you been well?" 

Mrs. Kwon nodded and smiled, "Of course. I'm in the good hands of Dr. Park, why wouldn't I be?" Dara smiled and giggled. Dara flipped the paper of her clipboard and reviewed her statistics. "Well, this is your third day here in the hospital. I'm seeing great improvements from you Mrs. Kwon. That's good, I've also heard that you've been taking the medications well and I'm thankful." 

Mrs. Kwon smiled at her and touched her hands, "Dear, call me Nana Kwon, hmm? It's too formal for you to call me Mrs. Kwon." Suddenly, Dara felt a tinge of familiarity with the woman in front of her. 

Nana Kwon. 

When has she heard of this endearment? She was suddenly interrupted in her trance when Yuri nudged her, "Dr. Park." Dara looked at Yuri and then back to Nana Kwon. "Oh, I'm sorry. I spaced out." Nana Kwon shook her head and smiled, "No need to apologize, dear. Anyway, since I have let you call me Nana Kwon, what's your name dear? If you don't mind, that is." 

Dara giggled and said, "My name is Park Sandara, Nana Kwon." 

"Park Sandara?" Nana Kwon said unison with a familiar voice in the back. 

~•~•~•~

"Well, it seems like we're working together again, Jenny-shi." Seunghyun said with a hint of amusement. 

Jenny smiled and nodded, "It seems like you remember me now, Mr. Choi." Seunghyun smirked and nodded, "Of course. I remember you well and clear. How can I forget such a lovely photorapher?" Jenny snorted and shook her head, "Don't flatter me, Mr. Choi. It doesn't work on me." Jenny winked and laughed as she turned her back and went back to setting up her camera. 

Seunghyun just smiled and chuckled. 

"So, Mr. Choi. Are you ready for today's concept?" Jenny asked as she cleaned her camera's lense. Seunghyun shrugged and said, "Who knows? Maybe I'll rock my mint blue hair colour than my dark brown hair colour." Jenny smirked and said, "Oh, well, I'll just have to make you look dashing, Mr. Choi." 

Seunghyun chuckled and said, "Yes please." Jenny looked at him and smiled, "Actually, I'll be doing that effortlessy since you already look good. It's going to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter