Chapter 26

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX 

"Noona, aren't you full?" Seunghyun asked, surprised at how much corn Jenny could eat in one sitting. Jenny shook her head as she munched on her corn happily while Seunghyun just sat there, dumbfounded. He shook his head as he remembered how much of a fat Bom was when they were younger. He chuckled to himself as he realized Bom has gone worse now compared to then.

"Noona, you might get a stomach ache if you eat too much." Seunghyun warned her as he fished out his phone after hearing it ring. Jenny shook her head innocently as she smiled and continued to eat her corn. Seunghyun chuckled and answered his phone, "Hyung? Wae?" 

"Seunghyun, I hope you haven't forgotten about your father's business function tonight." His manager stated, making Seunghyun sigh. 

"I didn't, I'm just out with a friend." Seunghyun responded as he glanced at Jenny who was in her own world right now. He smiled. "Ahh, arasso, but are you sure you don't want to bring someone along? Like a date? I'm pretty sure your father would be introducing you to his colleagues' daughters, and you hate that." 

Suddenly, an idea popped right in Seunghyun's head. He grinned and answered, "Oh, that? I think I know someone who can come with me. Don't worry hyung, I'll be home to prepare."

"Arasso, I'll see you later." 

"Mmm, thanks hyung." Seunghyun mumbled as he hung up and placed his phone on top of the table. He looked at Jenny and grinned, "Noona." Jenny looked up and furrowed her eyebrows while the spoon was still inside . 

"Do you want to do me a favour? A really huge favour." 

Jenny took out the spoon in and raised her eyebrows, "And what is this favour of yours?" Seunghyun smiled and stood up, "Just come with me." With that, he took Jenny's hand and dragged her out of the outside stall. 

However, Jenny was struggling to balance two of her corns in her hand. "Ya! Ya! Can't you slow down? My corn is going to fall off!" Jenny exclaimed, looking horrified. Seunghyun didn't even look back and stated, "We don't have much time noona. Come on!" 

"Aish." Jenny mumbled as she adjusted the corn plastic cups in her hand. 

~•~•~•~

Jiyong and Dara were strolling down Myung Dong when Jiyong's phone vibrated from his jean pocket. He stopped, and Dara followed. Dara looked at Jiyong taking his phone out from his pocket and saw his facial expression change. She furrowed her eyebrows, wondering who called. "Who is it?" Jiyong smiled weakly and said, "Omma." 

Hearing that, she smiled, remembering how sweet and caring his mother was to her, but little did she know that Jiyong's relationship with his mother changed drastically. Jiyong answered the call with a discontent sigh, "Yoboseyo?" 

Jiyong rolled his eyes and said, "I'm not going."

Jiyong then sighed and massaged his temples, stressing due to his mother's lack of sensitivity. "Omma, I'm not going. How many times do I have to tell you that I have no interest in those kinds of parties, and besides, do I really have to attend when I'm already sure that people surrounding your company knows me?" 

Jiyong puffed his cheeks out of no choice, "Fine. I'll go, are you happy now?" He rolled his eyes and didn't even bother saying goodbye and just simply hung up on his mother. Dara, on the other hand, furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Why does it seem like Jiyong didn't like talking to his mother right now? By any chance... did something happen?" She thought. 

Jiyong sighed and closed his eyes. When he opened his eyes, he saw Dara's confused expression. 

He smiled and chuckled, "You must be wondering why I talked like that to omma, huh? Don't get mad at me like Bom noona." He weakly smiled as he managed to pull of a small joke. Dara shook her head and said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter