Chapter 23

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

I was making routes for the day and I was feeling a bit depressed. I don't know why, but the sudden pressure of work and my personal life are getting the best of me. I admit, I'm extremely happy that I have found people other than my sister, whom I can depend on, and I also admit that I feel more carefree about the whole situation ever since I told Jiyong and Seunghyun about the truth.

What bothers me is that, I sincerely have no idea where my father is. I know where my mother is and I'm glad she's safe and sound. That's all I'm asking for, for my loved ones to be safe. I don't know when and where my father will show up and ruin our lives again, but this time, I swear, I won't let him do that. 

If by all means that I have to sacrifice my life for my sister or mother, I will. Without any hesitation. 

I sighed as I continued to walk down the hall while blindly staring down at my clipboard. I didn't even notice that I had bumped into someone, not until he let out a small wince in pain. My head shot right up and was somehow relieved to see Jiyong. He grinned up at me and said, "You have a strong shoulder there, Dr. Park." 

I rolled my eyes and couldn't help but shake my head and chuckle. 

"I'm sorry. I was just..." I couldn't even continue what I was going to say since I didn't know how to describe what I was exactly doing. Was I spacing out? Was I thinking too much? Was I worrying too much? I don't know. Maybe a little bit of everything? 

"Thinking too much?" Jiyong managed to finish for me. 

I smiled bitterly and sighed, nodding my head. 

"I guess I am." I muttered as I stared at my clipboard and fiddled with the papers stuck with each other. I heard him heave a sigh before touching both my shoulders, giving them a small squeeze. I lifted up my head and looked at him in the eyes — his eyes showed sincerity and concern. I smiled. 

"Don't worry about me, Jiyong." 

He raised his eyebrows at me and said, "Who said I was worrying about you?" I rolled my eyes at his cockiness. He laughed and nodded, "Alright, alright. I'm joking. I am worried about you, you seriously need to chill, Dr. Park." 

I sighed heavily and shook his hands off of my shoulders before someone could see us. "First of all, I cannot chill since I still have work to do. Second of all, who gave you the permission to touch my shoulders, Mr. Kwon?" 

He chuckled and raised his hands up in surrender. I grinned and said, "Anyway, about Nana Kwon. She's ready to go in a few days time, approximately three days from now. I'll be finishing her pending tests. From then, I'll decide if I'll prolong her medications and bed rest." 

Jiyong nodded in content and smiled, "Thanks, noona. I really appreciate it. I can't thank you enough for saving my halmeoni." I smiled and sighed softly, founding inner peace with Jiyong's sudden innocense. "That's no problem, Jiyong. It's my job to save lives." 

He laughed and nodded, "And this is why people in this hospital think you're the best among Korea." 

I blushed and shook my head, "Ani, I'm not." 

Jiyong scoffed and rolled his eyes, putting his hands inside his pockets. "Oh please, noona. Don't be too modest, you know you're the best around Korea. I also know you worked hard for this." I chuckled and shook my head. 

"I did work hard for it, but I never wished to be the best." 

Maybe he realized how embarrassed I was, he stopped teasing and just smiled. I looked at my wrist watch and gasped, "Omo! I'm going to be late for my meeting, Jiyo-," I stopped talking when I saw Jiyong looking straight behind me. What was he looking at? I turned around and saw Donghae staring back at Jiyong. 

I blinked and then realized my hands were clenched, which made my knuckles turn white. I gulped hard and tried my hardest to ignore Donghae, who was probably sending daggers towards Jiyong. I touched Jiyong's arms and got his attention. He looked down at me and didn't say anything. I smiled and said, "Just ignore him, neh? Anyway, I'll have to go first. We have a meeting in ten minutes and I have to go to my last patient. I'll see you around, neh?" 

Jiyong sighed and nodded, "Arasso, I'll see you later, noona. I'll drop by your office later." 

I smiled and nodded, "Our meeting will probably end in an hour or two." 

I have no idea why I'm saying this to Jiyong, but... whatever. He smiled and nodded, "Arasso, go ahead. I don't want you to be late." I giggled and nodded then walked past him, knowing Donghae was watching me from my back. It would be really hard to ignore him since he's practically my partner in everything. 

Since he's the second best from this hospital. 

I sighed heavily just thinking about it.  I seriously don't want to encounter him, and if he tries to apologize to me again, I swear I'll break his bones. I'm not a doctor for nothing, you know. I can easily break his bones, where I know it'll hurt the most. 

I shook my head and started to fast walk towards my last patient's room. 

~•~•~•~

I just had to see this bastard again? Seriously, why is he looking at me as if he wants to kill a bear?A handsome looking bear. I don't know his issue, but I definitely have an unsolved business with this guy. I would cause a scene and punch him right in the face for disrespecting Dara noona, but fortunately for him, I can't. 

Since I'm inside a hospital, and Dara noona's work place. 

He should be at least thankful that I respect this place, and Dara noona, or else, his face would be completely unknown to people. 

I sneered at him and turned around, only to hear his annoying voice calling me impolitely, "Ya!" 

I raised an eyebrow and turned around, I pointed at myself and said, "Me?" It looked like he was pissed off by the way he's unattractively gritting his teeth. Gross. He walked towards me and said, "Aren't you the one who took Dara away from me that night?" I blinked. 

This guy is just too stupid to be a doctor. 

I didn't even bother answering him because it was no use to give him a response. I shrugged and turned around, and was about to walk away when he pulled me by the collar. Now, I was a raging Dragon. I closed my eyes, at least trying to compose my inner anger, when he fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter