Chapter 18

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I looked at the empty white ceiling and sighed, realizing that nothing would change if I just lie down on my bed doing nothing. I sat up from my bed and decided to go to work early. Why? Because I want to get distracted from the fact that today, I will be telling Jiyong and Seunghyun the truth. 

They deserve it, don't they? 

They were there for us in the beginning and I don't see why they shouldn't know. I just want to avoid them because I don't want them to get involved in my fight. In my fight of protecting Bom. I don't want to burden them. I ruffled my hair as I wore my slippers and lazily walked to the bathroom. I stripped my clothes and went inside the bath tub and showered. 

Once I was finished, I wore my robe and got out of the bathroom with a towel on my head. I headed to my closet and fished out the outfit for today. It wasn't too classy, but it was just right. I slowly wore my clothes on and dried my hair. For some reason, I wanted to style my hair today, so I curled it and then put on my accessories. Once I was all set, I took my purse and looked at myself for the last time. 

With a satisfied smile, I went out of my room and looked at Bom's door. I quietly walked over and peaked if she was awake already since it was only eight in the morning. I smiled as I saw her still covered with her duvet. I sighed in relief and immediately closed the door. I walked down the stairs and took my car keys out of my bag and went out to the garage. 

I opened my car and slid inside, speeding off immediately. In a few minutes, I arrived at the hospital and parked at the employee parking lot. I walked through the main entrance of the hospital and greeted the receptionist and as well as the nurses and the doctors I passed by on. I finally arrived at the door of my office and opened it to see a large bouqet of flowers sitting on my desk. 

I gasp in surprise and slowly entered my office, closing the door behind me. I placed my purse down on my swivel chair and took a look at the flower. Carnations. My favourite. I smiled softly and took the card placed down beside the flowers. I flipped it open and saw a familiar hand writing. 

Dara noona, 

These flowers are for you, your favourite ever since we were still young. I hope you like them, and I'm sorry if I got you mad last week, where I followed you home and yeah... I'm really sorry, I hope we can stay as friends, even if I know you don't want to. 

Anyway, fighting at work! See you later. :) 

Jiyongie

I chuckled and shook my head. I placed down the card on the table and picked up the flowers, smelling the carnations and smiling in the process. I sighed and muttered, "You're still sweet as ever, Jiyong." 

~•~•~•~

It's morning and I wasn't able to sleep well this week. Ever since I knew Dara was mad at me, I can't help but feel uneasy. The carnations that I sent last night to her office, would she appreciate it? Would she still be mad? I sat up and groaned in frustration. I honestly don't know why I'm so worried about her getting mad at me. 

I mean... do I still have feelings for her? Of course I do. She's my first love after all. Even if I ed and slept with other women these past few years, nobody replaced her in my heart. She was still the only one, and I don't think nobody could replace her. 

I was also worried about today's meeting. Dara noona, Seunghyun hyung and I are meeting at the restaurant we used to go at and talk. Probably talk about what happened back then, why they suddenly went away. Why Bom had her name changed to Jenny. Why Bom doesn't rememeber hyung and I. I knew Seunghyun hyung would want to know the truth, especially if it involved his old bestfriend, Bom. Everyone knew they were inseparable and I think fate wanted us four to be together back then and now. 

Funny how I used the term fate huh? 

It surprises me too, who doesn't believe in fate, now believes that fate brought us four together. I didn't believe that I'd see Dara noona anymore ever since they went out of the country. 

Just then, I heard my phone beep, signalling that someone texted me. I sighed and reached for my phone at my night stand and opened the text message. My eyes almost popped out of its socket when I read the name who texted me. I sat right up and rubbed my eyes, not believing what I was seeing. 

From: Dara noona

Uhm, hi Jiyong. I received the flowers you sent and I'm thankful. It's quite a shock that you still remember my favourite flowers, but I really am grateful. Don't worry about last week, I admit that I was a bit uptight. Anyway, I'll see you later at ahjumma's restaurant. Thank you again! :)

"Am I dreaming or what?" I asked myself as I re-read Dara noona's text message over and over again. I'm seriously happy, overwhelmed, and confused. My emotions are just pretty well mixed up and I have no idea how to describe it. I never expected her to send me a text message just to say thank you, but hey, it's a good thing. 

Her message didn't show anger, and any sort of furiousness, but it showed how grateful she is. I grinned in happiness and immediately went out of my bed and threw my phone to the night stand and decided to start my day early. I don't know what I'm feeling right now, but I just feel so energetic. Nobody can ever ruin my mood today, not even my parents. 

~•~•~•~

It's currently ten in the morning and I have decided to take a stroll around the neighbourhood and maybe take shots of the beautiful morning sceneries. I haven't been able to go around as much as I wanted, so today, I shall go around. If I get lost... well, Dara's there to pick me up. I know she won't be able to resist me. I got up from the couch and ate the bread I was munching on and then ran upstairs to dress up. 

Once I was all dressed up, I fixed my sleeveless blouse and straightened it and then put on my c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter