Chapter 14

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Dara stared down at the parcel she recieved earlier from Jiyong and sighed. She wanted to open it, at the same time, she didn't. She was afraid. Aftaid of what exactly? Afraid of hurting Jiyong, but would Jiyong know if she opened the parcel or not? If he asked, she could just say that she didn't open it. She sighed and decided to open it. She took the parcel in her hands and slowly opened it. She could feel the thick layer of bubble wrap and slid it out of the orange envelope. She slowly took out the bits of tape stuck onto the wrap and froze when she realized what it was. 

It was their couple ring. 

She slowly placed the bubble wrap on the desk and took the rings in her hand. She closed her eyes as she remembered when they bought it together. 

Dara and Jiyong were scrolling down by the streets when Dara's eye got caught by a set of couple rings. She immediately walked towards the stall and asked hoe much it was. The ahjumma looked at Dara and Jiyong and said, "For a beautiful young lady like you, I'll give it for free." Dara smiled and said, "Jinjja, ahjumma?!" The ahjumma laughed and nodded. 

"Of course, of course. are you going to wear it with this handsome young man?" The ahjumma asked and looked at Jiyong. Jiyong, however, was clueless. He didn't even know that Dara was looking at couple rings, not until Jiyong profusely refused to wear it. "Omo, I'm not going to wear that!" Jiyong exclaimed, making Dara frown. 

"Oh come on Jiyongie! Just once, neh?" Dara pleaded, but Jiyong stood firm. 

"No, noona. I don't even know why you like that. It's so corny, and besides, do we really need that? We've been together for a year." Jiyong stated bluntly. Dara smacked his arm and turned to the lady, "I guess we're not taking them ahjumma. Thank you though." The ahjumma looked at Dara and smiled weakly. "Arasso, come back when you want them, and I'll give them back to you." Dara nodded and bowed down at the ahjumma. Jiyong smiled and immediately turned to the ahjumma and said, "Please give them to me." 

"Oh? I thought you didn't like it young man?" The ahjumma stated, making Jiyong shake his head. He chuckled and said, "I was just joking ahjumma." The ahjumma laughed and nodded, "Arasso, here it is. Take care of that young lady, arasso? She has a pure heart, you should be gentle with her, and in the future, I would definitely want to see the both of you still together. Maybe with a different ring." The ahjumma winked at Jiyong, but Jiyong was clueless. 

He just nodded at the ahjumma and bowed down. He slide the other ring in his ring finger and ran towards Dara who was obviously sulking. "NOONA!" Jiyong exclaimed, but Dara didn't stop walking. Jiyong chuckled and finally had caught up with Dara. "Noona, how could you leave me?" He teased, but Dara didn't acknowledge him. He pouted and held Dara's hand and swiftly slid the ring on her ring finged, making dara gasp. 

"Ya, what do you think you-," when she saw the ring on her finger, she couldn't help but smile. She turned to the embarrassed Jiyong and tilted her head on the side, "I thought you didn't want it?" She asked. Jiyong shook his head and said, "Nahh, I was just joking around you know. You were too serious." Dara raised her eyebrows and scoffed. "Yeah right. As if I'll believe you." She turned away, and immediately smiled slyly. 

Tears started to brim down her eyes as she reminisced the sweet past. The sweet past that turned into a bitter past. She didn't exactly know why Jiyong had sent her the rings back when she had clearly left those behind with him. She shook her head in dismay and decided to just keep it. She took the bubble wrap, but ahe noticed that there was also a letter stuck into it. She furrowed her eyebrows as she took it out. 

She opened it and read. 

Dara noona,

You might be wondering why I sent these back to you... well, I sent them back to remind you the things we did in the past. The obstacles and happiness we've been through, and also the guidance and caring. We've been through a lot and even if I have no idea why you left me hanging... I still believe that you have your own reason. Don't think that I'm giving up that fast, because I won't. Keep the rings for a while, I'll take it back when I think it's time. 

Jiyong 

She stared at the paper blankly and fought the tears. Even if Dara left Jiyong without saying anything, Jiyong still waited for her. She shook her head and thought, "This isn't right... No, this can't happen." She sighed and immediately placed the rings down and immediately went to the bathroom to get a quick bath and dressed up for work; hoping she could see Jiyong so that she won't have to call him. When she was done, she ran out of her room and immediately to her car and drove off. She didn't even acknowledge Jenny, who watched her running towards the door. 

Jenny raised her eyebrows and muttered, "She's that eager to go to work? But I made breakfast..." 

~•~•~•~

Jenny sat down by their living room couch and looked at the papers scattered on the coffee table. She could only sigh in dismay. She was tired, but she can manage. She slid down on the ground and was about to continue her work, but her phone rang. However, it didn't bother her, she took her phone and without looking at the caller ID, she answered it. "Yoboseyo?" As she answered, she took the papers in her hand and started to organize them while her phone was caught in between her ear and shoulders. 

"Annyeong." The familiar voice responded, making Jenny stop what she's doing. Jenny chuckled and said, "Oh, Seunghyun-ah. Mianhe if I fell asleep last night." She felt bad because she didn't mean to fall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter