Chapter 21

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Jenny and Dara scrunched up their eyebrows as they felt the tension between Seunghyun and his mother. Jenny glanced at Seunghyun's mother and then threw Seunghyun a glare. She clenched her fists as she saw the anger in his eyes. She felt like she had to stand up for ahjumma because he had no right to call her such names, nor yell at her. 

"Seunghyun! You can't talk like that to your mother!" Jenny exclaimed, which surprised everyone: Dara, Seunghyun, Jiyong and the ahjumma. They snapped their head towards Jenny, especially Mrs. Choi. She shook her head at Jenny and whispered, "It's okay, Jenny." 

Jenny looked at Mrs. Choi and realized how vulnerable she was. She sighed heavily and shook her head, "No, ahjumma. I know I have no right to tell Seunghyun off, but you're still his mother. I wish you'd let me make him realize how pathetic he is for prying you off like that." Jenny once again sent an icy glare at Seunghyun, and this time, Seunghyun felt her anger. He clenched his jaw. 

"Just stay out of this, Jenny. You know nothing about what ha-," Jenny scoffed and shook her head in disbelief, "It doesn't matter if I know nothing, Seunghyun. You still have no right to yell at you mother. You're lucky enough you have a mother to take care of you." 

And this broke everyone's heart, especially Dara's. 

Jenny looked away and closed her eyes, heaving a deep sigh before opening it once again. She turned to Mrs. Choi and smiled softly, "Ahjumma, I have to go, neh? My sister here will make sure your daughter is safe. Right, Dara?" Dara blinked and nodded, "Uhh, neh. I'll do my beat, Mrs. Choi." 

Jenny nodded and squeezed Mrs. Choi's hands and bowed politely before walking away. Seunghyun, however, froze in his spot. When Jenny disappeared from the hall, Dara looked at Seunghyun and gave him a disappointing look. "Seunghyun-shi, I know I also have no right to meddle with your problem, but just remember, a mother is still a mother. You can't send them away whenever you want to just because they've done something wrong. They are still the ones who took care of us and loved us unconditionally. I totally agree with Jenny, you're lucky enough that you still have a mother to take care of you. What would you feel if you put yourself in our shoes and lose your mother as well?" Dara sighed and walked closer to Mrs. Choi and held her arms. 

"Mrs. Choi, come, you must be restless. I'll bring you to my office to rest for a while, while I talk to the doctor in charge with your daughter." Mrs. Choi looked at her son and saw how helpless he looked. She knew she also had her faults, but why can't her son forgive her? She nodded lightly and followed Dara's lead away from the two gentlemen. Once Jiyong and Seunghyun were left alone at the hallway, Jiyong looked at his hyung and sighed. 

"Hyung..." 

Seunghyun looked at Jiyong and shook his head, "Don't tell me you're also going to scold me." Jiyong sighed and touched Seunghyun's shoulder and squeezed it, "You went too far, hyung. Too far." 

Seunghyun looked down at his feet and sighed, "I know... I know." He stated with almost a whisper. 

~•~•~•~

"Aish! Why is he such a big jerk?!" 

"I mean, he doesn't have to call his mother a freaking old hag!"

"He's such an ungrateful bastard!" 

"ARGH! I just want to punch him!" 

Jenny ranted as she stomped her feet out of anger at the park she went earlier. She sighed heavily and sat down on the bench and threw her camera bag beside her. She crossed her arms and remembered how Mrs. Choi looked when Seunghyun called her an old hag. Jenny shook her head in disapprovement and then muttered, "I just can't believe Seunghyun would treat his mother like that. If I'd known..." 

She stopped midway, not really knowing what to say. 

"If I'd known..." She tried to continue, but no words were coming out. She sighed and threw her head back, only to see Jiyong behind the bench. She gasped and stood up, totally shocked at seeing Jiyong. She pointed her finger at him and exclaimed, "What are you doing here?!" He smiled and chuckled. 

"I'm sorry if I startled you, noona." 

Jenny heaved a sigh of relief before shaking her head, "Ani, it's fine... W-W-What were you doing there anyway?" He grinned and walked towards the bench and sat down. He looked at Jenny and eyed the spot beside him and said, "Sit down, noona." Jenny hesitantly nodded and obliged. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter