Chapter 19

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Finally, I was done with work and now's the time to head to the meeting place that Jiyong had decided on. Ahjumma's restaurant. There's a part of me that wants to go there, but tgere's also a part of me that don't. It's not that I don't want to see ahjumma, I want to see her for so many reasons, I just don't think it's time to reveal myself to her. I sighed and continued to walk at th hallways of the hospital, when I heard the voice I least wanted to encounter with. 

I stopped in my tracks, but did not turn around. Am I really going to talk with this man? 

Should I? 

But before I could move my feet to run away, he had already touched my shoulders. I turned around swiftly, making his hands slide down off of my shoulder. I eyed his hands and glared at him. 

"What do you want, Donghae?" I hissed. 

If he pulls a stunt inside the hospital, I swear I'll report him. 

He looked at me as his eyebrows were furrowed, "I just wanted to tell you I'm... sorry, about what happened that night. I reall am, I was dr-," I cut him off by shaking my head and raising my hand. 

"Don't. Don't apologize. I don't want to hear your useless reasons. I'm going, Dr. Lee." With that, I turned my back on him and walked away, remembering that night. Where Jiyong saved me from him, and where Lee Donghae had crossed the line. He was drunk, I know. You could do all the things you want when you're drunk, but that doesn't mean that you don't know what you're doing. 

He was only drinking for a little and he's going to reason out that he was drunk? I don't believe those ty answers. 

I sighed as I got out of the hospital and walked towards my car. I unlocked it and slid inside, leaning my head on the head rest. I threw my purse at the side and turned the engine one. I drove off from the hospital and to ahjumma's restaurant, where I'll tell them everything.

Everything that happened. 

Everything I knew. 

~•~•~•~

"Hyung, have you arrived yet?" Jiyong asked over the phone. 

"Ani, I'm on my way though. How about you?" 

"I'm also on the way." 

"Arasso, I'll see you." With that, I hung up on Jiyong and looked outside the window while I sat remotely at the back of my van. I leaned my chin between my fingers and started to think about Bom. We finally found Dara, and it was no doubt that Bom is Jenny. She is Bom, but the ultimate question is, why doesn't she remember anything? 

Did something happen? 

And then it hit me. When she fainted at ajhumma's restaurant, the doctor showed me her scar at the back of her head. What if she was involved in an accident? It couldn't be, right? That only happens in dramas... 

I shook my head and sighed. It's quite impossible that she could have just forgotten me in a snap, because if she knew I was that Choi Seunghyun, then she would have talked to me and have known me. I sighed and muttered, "This is driving me insane." 

"Hyung, drive faster, neh?" 

My manager nodded and took no time to fasten up his speed. I looked at my phone and pursed my lips, contemplating whether to text Bom or not. After a few minutes of contemplating with myself, I found myself typing my message to Bom noona. When I was done, all I had to do was send the text message, but I couldn't press send. 

I held my phone with one hand, while my other hand was rubbing my temples. I sighed heavily, making my manager chuckle, "Just send the damn text, Seunghyun." 

I blink in surprise, "N-neh?"  

I saw him roll his eyes at the mirror and said, "Just text whoever you want to text. There's no harm in trying. You've been typing there for quite sometime now." I chuckled nervously as I shook my head. 

"I-i was not typing a text message! I was... just typing notes for myself!" I defended and he just raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Yeah, whatever. Even if you deny it, I won't believe you." I bit my lip as I stared at the message I composed. 

"Should I send it? Or should I not send it?" I muttered as I bit my lip even more, tasting the blood that gushed out when I bit harder than usual. I my lips and sighed, making my manager exclaim, "Just ing send it!" Well, it seems like my manager is really annoyed at me now because I keep fumbling with my phone and it disturbs him. 

I straightened my position and cleared my throat, focusing my stare at the 'send' button. I placed my index finger above the screen and contemplated once again, but suddenly, the car came to a strong halt, making my body move forward, which made me press my index finger against the screen. My eyes widened as I saw my text message being sent. 

"NO! HYUNG! HOW CAN YOU STEP ON THE BREAK?!" 

~•~•~•~

I was on my way to get myself coffee when I felt my phone vibrate against my shorts' pocket. I paused from walking and dug onto my shorts for my phone. I slid it open and found Seunghyun's name on the preview. I scoffed and muttered, "What does he want now?" 

I opened it and read and my face immediately turned red. 

From: Seunghyun oppa

Annyeong, Jenny noona. It was nice seeing you this morning, and even though I wished you wore something longer, you still looked cute with your attire. It suits you, since I barely see you with girly outfits. Always wearing sweatshirts or such... But any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter