Chapter 29

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

"Wait, wait, so you're saying... you knew Jiyong's halmeoni because she was one of your patients?" Jenny asked to clarify everything that Dara had explained to her. Dara nodded her head and wanted to smack her head on the wall for lying to her sister again. She doesn't know when's the right time to tell everything to her because she's worried that Jenny might have a breakdown. She also knew that hiding it was up to no good, but she has no other choice. 

"Yes, exactly." Dara agreed. 

Jenny pursed her lips and raised an eyebrow at Dara, not seeming to believe her sister at all. "Are you sure? Because it seemed like you and his halmeoni knew each other for a long time already. It's not that I'm doubting you, it just feels odd." Dara was seriously getting nervous by the minute. 

Dara blinked and shook her head, "Ani, I'm serious. I haven't known Nana Kwon for a long time now." 

Jenny nodded and tilted her head on the side, "However... how come she lets you call her Nana Kwon? I don't think she'd let just anyone to call her that?" Dara was caught. She nervously chuckled and shook her head, denying it entirely. "W-What are you talking about, Jenny? You're not making sense at all. Psh." Dara waved her hands in the air as if it was nothing. 

"She just let me call her that because she thought that... I was a nice woman... yeah, that's it." Dara reasoned out, but since Jenny wasn't stupid, she didn't buy it. 

Jenny nodded and placed both her hands on each side of her hip and said, "I'm not stupid Dara. Cut the crap and tell me what's going on, because I'm sure there's something between you and Jiyong. Is there?" She looked at her sister and gave her a cut eye, trying her hardest to catch Dara. 

Dara gulped and had to look away, ", what should I say? I mean... Jiyong and I aren't an item yet, so should I say there's something going on? Or should I keep denying it? Aish! I don't know!" Jenny rolled her eyes and shrugged, seeing her sister getting distressed over this was tiring her out. 

"Ah, whatever. If you don't want to answer me, then fine. I'll just ask Jiyong myself." With that, Jenny walked past her sister and went out of the room, while Dara's eyes widened and ran after her sister, but she was no where in sight anymore. Dara cursed under her breath and looked around the hall, looking for Jenny's silver gown. 

"Aish, why didn't I run for her immediately? Now, I lost her. Stupid Dara." She muttered to herself. 

Meanwhile, Jiyong and Seunghyun were still on their spot, drinking their cocktails while conversing with each other. "So, it seems like your date for the night is Dara noona, huh?" Seunghyun teased as he took a sip of his cocktail. Jiyong glared at him and shook his head in disbelief. 

"So? At least I'm not trying to hide the fact that I still like her, unlike someone." Jiyong pointed out while looking at Seunghyun, while he looked away, avoiding Jiyong's gaze. 

Jiyong chuckled softly and shook his head, taking another sip from his cocktail when she heard a very loud voice coming their way, "JIYONG!" Jiyong and Seunghyun looked up, only to see Jenny panting while holding the ends of her dress with her purse in one hand. They both raised an eyebrow at the tired Jenny who stopped in front of them. 

She leaned her hands on her knees and waved her hands in the air, "I... am... ha! okay!" Jenny panted between words. Jiyong and Seunghyun looked at each other, puzzled as to why Jenny had to run to them. "Noona, are you okay? Why were you running?" Jiyong asked. 

Jenny took one last breath and straightened her back. She gulped real hard and then turned to Jiyong, "I was going to ask you a question before Dara gets here." Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "Okay then... what is it?" However, before Jenny could ask, they heard someone call Jenny's name. 

Jenny turned her head on the side and saw her sister running towards them. Jiyong and Seunghyun heard her and looked at Dara who was basically running for her life. Again, both men were confused as to why the twins were running. Jenny gasped and immediately turned to Jiyong. 

"Okay, answer quickly okay?" Jenny stated, making Jiyong nod. 

"Do you and Dara have something going o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter