Chapter 38

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Dara sighed as she plopped back down on her chair, massaging her temples while she was at it. She had a lot of patients admitted and the emergency room doctor was out because of a meeting and the replacement doctor couldn't arrive on time due to the terrific traffic. 

She had to come in as a temporary ER doctor even thought she still had a lot in her schedule. 

After going on her morning routes with her assistant, Nurse Yuri, she went to her office and looked at the pile of clipboards she had to review before going to her mother's sterile room. She heaved a deep sigh before taking one of the silver clipboards and placed it right in front of her. 

She flipped through the pages and fiddled with the pen she was holding; signing as she continued to read over the patients' records. Suddenly, her phone buzzed and she immediately dropped her pen and took her phone in her hands, only to get notified that her sister has already arrived. 

Dara stood up from her seat and looked at her wrist watch, 10:11 AM.

She immediately walked out of her office and went to the front desk where her sister was. She smiled and called Bom's name, waving at her. Bom turned her head to her sister and waved back, returning her sister's smile with a small grin. "Dara!" The older called. 

Dara sprinted to Bom and nodded at her assistant who was currently inputing all Bom's information into the system. 

"Are you ready?" Dara asked. 

Bom smiled and nodded without hesitation, "Of course, anything for our mother." Dara nodded her head and looked at her assistant, "I'll her to the change room and have her changed, please let the team know to prepare a room that's close to my mother's." 

Nurse Yuri nodded her head and said, "Yes, Dr. Park. I'll have it prepared right away." 

Dara nodded her head and gestured her sister to come with her. Bom looked around the hospital and listened to Dara's words of advice as they went along the long hallways of the hospital, "We will be conducting information asssemblies, which means you have to attend small classes a day. First of all, I need you to come with me and have your blood tested first." 

Bom snapped out of her trance and looked at Dara, "The test I had wasn't the last blood test?" 

Dara looked at her sister and shook her head, "No, I know how much you hate needles but... this is a part of the whole procedure. It's just to know if you're safe with donating." Bom sighed and nodded, "Okay, what else is there to know?"

"As soon as we receive the results of your blood test and when it is safe for us to say you're able to donate, we're immediately going to do the surgery as you chose. Since you chose to do the surgery, you are to be admitted at the hospital and receive complete rest and the right supplements for you to be completely healthy for this procedure," Dara continued to explain. 

Bom nodded and continued to listen to her twin sister, amazed by how much knowledge she has. "After that, approximately a day or two from now, you will be ready for surgery." 

Bom gulped and thought about the surgery. To be honest, she's only putting up a front and puting on a brave face, but in all honestly, she was really scared. She nodded her head and asked, "What about the recovery? How long will it take for me to recover?" 

Dara looked at her sister and smiled, "Don't worry, it'll only take about a day or maybe a week for you to recover. Since your immune system is quite good, I'm thinking it will only take you a day or two to recover." Bom heaved a deep sigh of relief at the good news. 

"Thank the Lord, I thought I was going to get bed ridden for a whole month or something," Bom stated dramatically. Dara chuckled and shook her head, "No, don't worry."

Bom smiled and nodded. Suddenly, a thought came across her, "Who's going to do the whole procedure? Will it be two different doctors for my surgery and omma's?" And as if her whole world froze, Dara stopped in her tracks and her eyes immediately casted downwards. 

Her eyes darkened and her facial

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter