Chapter 27

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN 

"Ya, is it really necessary for me to be your date? I mean, you have lots of choices. There are a bunch of actresses and singers out there that you can bring, but why me?!" Jenny exclaimed as she hastily followed Seunghyun towards the black car prepared for them. Seunghyun sighed heavily and just shook his head, not really wanting to answer her endless questions. 

"And besides! What am I going to do there with an actor? People would think we're together when we're not!" Jenny exclaimed once more. Seunghyun stopped and massaged his temple before he turned around and faced his gorgeous date. He was once again mesmerized by her beauty and admitted that her dress really suited her well. He gulped and looked away, "If they think that way, let them. Only we know the truth anyway. So, if you want to get over this, let's quickly go, neh?" 

With no choice, she bit her lip and sighed. "Fine," mumbling as she held Seunghyun's hand when he held it out for her. He smiled and pulled her towards the car and opened the door for her. She slipped inside the car and dragged her towards the other end of the seat. Seunghyun slipped inside and sat down on the left side of the car and finally closed the door. 

"Let's go." 

~•~•~•~

"Dara noona? Are you done yet?" Jiyong exclaimed as he kicked his feet on the floor in front of his bedroom door, waiting for his noona to finish dressing up for the party. 

"Not yet! Five more minutes!" Dara exclaimed from his bedroom. 

Jiyong chuckled and shook his head, "Arasso, I'll be by the living room, just come, arasso?!" He yelled back, not earning a response from Dara. He smiled and walked to his living room and sat down on the couch. He leaned his head on his palms, while his elbow was leaning on the couch's arm rest. 

He hummed a few songs after he heard his bedroom door open. 

"Jiyong, do I look alright? I don't think this is right... what do you think?" Dara asked as she fiddled with her dress. Jiyong turned around in his seat and was immediately mesmerized by her beauty. The dress really suited her, especially the colour that made her stand out. Her dress followed with the flow of her curves and he could only gulp. 

"Y-Yeah, y-y-ou look great noona." Jiyong couldn't help but stutter. 

Dara sighed and looked up, "I don't think this suites me, Ji. I think I'm too skinny to wear this kind of dress, don't you think?" Dara pointed out her skinny build, but Jiyong didn't agree to this. He shook his head and said, "A-Ani, you look really great noona." Dara smiled and nodded, satisfied. 

"Arasso, and ah! I almost forgot." Dara exclaimed as she pointed out her index finger to Jiyong. 

Jiyong blinked, surprised at her exclamation. 

Dara grinned and said, "For tonight, please don't call me noona. People might think that you bought an old woman for your date tonight." Jiyong blushed just by hearing the word date. He bit his lip and nodded, "A-Arasso. Should I just call you Dara later then?" Dara nodded and smiled. 

"That's more like it. Actually, you can call me Dara now, so that you won't be that awkward calling me Dara later." Dara shrugged, and Jiyong looked away because he was too drawn into her. Dara walked towards him and grinned, "Shall we go then?" Jiyong looked at her and was very thankful for his noona. 

Because even though they had already broken up, and have just reconciled as good friends, she's still there for him — no matter what the situation is. He promised to himself that he wouldn't let this chance slip in his hands, not ever. 

~•~•~•~

"Arasso, remember what I said at the car noona?" Seunghyun asked Jenny as they stood in front of the entrance of the hall. Jenny nodded her head and said, "Yeah, yeah. Just bow and let you do the introductions. I know, I know." Seunghyun nodded, "And don't forget to smile, and don't get annoyed easily with the people. I know they are going to annoy you al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter