Chapter 36

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

"A-A-Annyeonghaseyo," Bom muttered, as she and Dara bowed to their mother. 

Their mother couldn't even comprehend what she was seeing. It was if her dream came true all of a sudden: she can finally see her twin daughters face to face rather than on pictures. Their mother blinked in surprise, still not believing what was happening completely. Dara gave her a small smile before giving her a hand to walk back to her bed. 

"You can't tire yourself out that much," Dara muttered as she slowly guided their mother back to her bed. 

Dara tucked their mother in as she fixed the syringe taped around her mother's forearm. Mrs. Park looked down at what Dara was doing and watched her in amazement. "U-Uhm... what are you doing?" Mrs. Park finally spoke, "A-And, h-how did you know I was here?" 

Bom finally managed to muster up her courage and walk inside her mother's sterile room. 

She quietly came in and bowed again before speaking in behalf of Dara, "W-We were the ones who sent you here." 

Mrs. Park furrowed her eyebrows and blinked, now realizing that it was her daughters who had sent her to the hosptial. "O-Oh... you didn't have to admit me to the hospital though." Dara and Bom furrowed their eyebrows. Dara, who was quiet after her mother finally spoke managed to let out a soft hiss. 

"What do you mean we didn't have to admit you to the hospital?! Do you even know how worried we were when we found out about your condition?!" Dara exclaimed as she backed away and was forced to look away. 

Mrs. Park bit the insides of her lips and muttered, "I-I'm sorry." 

Dara softened at her mother's apology. 

She sighed and shook her head, "No... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you." 

Bom looked at Dara and saw how agitated she looked. In all honesty, she didn't even know what she felt. It was all a mix of emotions: she felt happy that she can finally talk to her mother, yet she feels awful because her mother was hurting inside and out. Bom walked to Dara and squeezed her shoulder. 

"Hey, calm down," Bom gave her a reassuring smile before looking at their mother. 

She just stared at her mother while their mother was still looking down. 

"Do you even know who we are?" Bom asked quietly. 

Their mother finally raised her head up, her face showed immediate shock from Bom's sudden question. Mrs. Park wasn't sure whether the question was a trick question or was it because they've found out who she was. She gulped and looked at Bom in the eye before nodding her head. 

"Yes," Mrs. Park muttered quietly. 

Bom calmly looked at her and asked her another question, "Who are we to you?" 

That was when their mother realized what Bom was getting to. 

She smiled weakly and whispered, "My daughters." 

~•~•~•~

"I'm sure Dr. Park here has already told you that we're transferring you to Seoul Nation Hospital, right?" The doctor asked their mother, but she didn't follow what he said. "Dr. Park? Who's that?" Their mother thought. She looked at the doctor and asked, "Who's Dr. Park?"

The doctor blinked and let out a chuckle, "I guess your daughter hasn't told you that she's the best surgeon around South Korea hasn't she?" Dara blushed and gave the doctor a glare before clearing . "I just told her that she's transferring tomorrow to a hospital. I didn't see the need to tell her that I'm a doctor there," she explained. 

Their mother looked at Dara and was amazed at how far she have become. 

She instantly smiled and held Dara's hand, "I'm proud of you, Dara-ah." 

Dara looked down at their mother and saw how her mother was staring at her. She softened and gave her a small smile, squeezing her hands.

"Also, your other daughter here, Bom-shi, is willing to be your bone marrow donor," the doctor continued.

However, this was one thing that Bom and Dara hasn't told their mother yet. 

Mrs. Park gasped and looked at Bom with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter