Chapter 9

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINE

"What is a pretty girl like you doing out here in this time of night?" A voice that somewhat irritated Dara sometimes. She looked back to see Donghae walking towards her with a black plastic bag in his hands. Dara raised her eyebrow and ignored him, since she wasn't in the mood to tell him off. Soon enough, Donghae was beside her as he placed the plastic bag down on the bench. 

"So... what are you doing out here?" Donghae asked as he fiddled with the plastic bag beside him. Dara sighed and said, "Just thinking and I wanted to just take a fresher. You?" She asked as she still had her gaze upon the night sky. 

"Hmmm, just like you. Anyway, beer?" Donghae offered as he held out a can of beer to Dara. Dara eyed him weirdly and scoffed, "No thanks." Donghae insisted, while Dara just kept on shaking her head. 

Donghae shrugged and placed the beer inside the bag again, "If you want one, just tell me." Dara nodded, even if she was damn sure that she doesn't want to drink. Donghae popped the can and he began drinking, while Dara mindlessly looked at the stars. They've been sitting like that for a while until Donghae spoke up, "You know... I never really understood why you always turn me down. Is there something wrong with me, Dara?" 

Dara looked at Donghae and she caught him staring at her. She looked away and immediately smelt the alcohol in him. She sighed and said, "You're talking non-sense, Donghae. You're already drunk." She said as she stood up, "I better go. I still have some work to-" she got cut off when Donghae held onto her wrist tightly and when Donghae pulled her towards him, crashing his sinful lips on hers. Dara's eyes widened as she struggled on his hold. She pushed him off, making him fall on the bench. Dara clutched on to and tears started to fall. 

"YOU JERK!" Dara exclaimed as her tears fell down. Donghae was about to grip her arms when a pair of strong arms encircled Dara's small waist. Dara was too emotional to check who turned her around, but it was unusual that she felt safe in his arms. 

By the time she heard his strong voice, she wrapped her arms around him and started to cry more. "You . Don't you dare touch what's mine." Jiyong said with a hint of annoyance and irritation. With that, he turned around with Dara still in his arms. He carried her bridal style and tightened his grip on her. He halted when he heard Donghae say, "WHO ARE YOU TO TOUCH DARA?! She's mine! Mine!" 

Dara instinctively gripped harder onto Jiyong, while Jiyong looked down on her and turned around. He smirked at Donghae who looked wasted and said, "Who am I? Don't you know who I am? I'm Kwon Jiyong, the soon to be CEO of Kwon Enterprise and who am I in Dara's life? Her boyfriend." 

Dara wasn't even listening to what they were talking about. She was too emotional to even think about their arguements. She was too affected. It wasn't her first kiss, however, it created a huge impact to her. She closed her eyes and remember all the things that happened.  All the things that could have happened if nobody had saved her at that time and at that place. 

"Dara, are you coming or what?" Amy, Dara's schoolmate and room mate asked. Dara kept on rumaging inside her bag when she realized she had forgotten her Human Anatomy textbook inside their classroom. "Oh, I'm just going to follow. You go on ahead, I still have to get my textbook. I forgot it inside the classroom." 

Amy pursed her lips and sighed, "Are you sure you'll be alright going home alone? Be fast, okay? It's going to get dark soon." Dara nodded and waved goodbye to her friend. 

"Okay! I'll see you at home!" Dara exclaimed as she ran back to their classroom. When she arrived in their classroom, she found her textbook on top of her desk. She smiled and ran towards her desk and took her book. Suddenly, the door of the room slammed shut. She turned around, surprised. She furrowed her eyebrows as she could see someone by the door. 

Her heart beated faster as she looked at the back and aimed for the door. The person ran when she ran towards the back door, but as soon as she reached the door, someone caught her waist. "NOOO! Let me go! Let me go!!" Dara yelled on top of her lungs, but the man pinned her against the wall. She closed her eyes in disgust as she struggled hard. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter