Chapter 7

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVEN

Jenny slowly opened her heavy eyes and blinked a few times to get used to the brightness of the room. She looked around and saw someone's head lying on the side of her bed. She furrowed her eyebrows, wondering who the person could be, but when she saw her sister's familiar bag on the couch, she smiled. 

She looked around, wondering why she would be in a hospital and how could they have contacted her sister. She massaged her temples as she remembered what happened last night. "Aish, why did I faint this time? And where is Seunghyun?" She thought as she looked around and saw no trace of Seunghyun. 

She looked at the side table and saw her phone, she reached for it and saw a message from Seunghyun, very unusual because she didn't even have his number in the first place. 

She scoffed seeing what he named himself at her contact list. 

Seunghyun oppa. 

"Aren't I older than him?" Jenny muttered as she opened his text message. 

From: Seunghyun oppa

Hey. If you're wondering why you're at the hospital, you fainted last night. Your sister is already  there, so I left. I hope you don't mind. Anyway, I already talked to your boss and told her you're off for the day. :) Just rest, okay? ^_^

"What is this? Is he taking care of me?" Jenny muttered as she scoffed. "It's not like he's my boyfriend or something..." She sighed and placed her phone back on the side table. She looked at her sister and felt bad. "She must be tired..." Jenny muttered. Suddenly, Dara's head rose up. Her eyes were still closed, but she tried to open them. 

She rubbed her eyes and opened it, to see her twin sister already up. Jenny smiled and said, "Hey." 

Dara frowned and asked, "Are you alright? Do you feel pain anywhere?" 

Jenny shook her head and said, "Ani, don't worry about me." Dara sighed and said, "How can I not worry about you? You fainted last night, and I wasn't even there..." Jenny weakly smiled at her sister and said, "It's nothing major, so don't worry." Dara sighed and said, "By any chance..." She stopped and averted her gaze. 

Jenny furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "What?" 

"Did you remember anything? From last night?" Dara asked hesitantly, not really wanting her to remember anything from her past. 

Jenny thought hard and shook her head, "Not really... just the fact that I fainted. That's all I remembered... and oh, that I was feeling pain from my head and that's when I fainted. Good thing I was with Seunghyun..." Dara's ears perked up at the mention of Seunghyun's name. She looked at her sister and said, "Seunghyun? Who is that?" 

Jenny smiled and said, "Ahh, just a colleague. No big deal... we were supposed to eat dinner after work, but I guess I fainted." 

Dara nodded slowly, still  not sure if it was the same Seunghyun they knew back then or not. "I see. Well, I'll just talk to the doctor that you're awake, okay? I believe you can go, so I'll get you discharged, okay?" Jenny nodded as she watched Dara walk out the door. 

Suddenly, Jenny's face darkened. "Was it a dream? But how come Seunghyun was there, and as well as Dara? Heck, I don't even know the other person... and the place, it was so familiar." She muttered as she remembered the flashback she had before she fainted. 

~•~•~•~

Seunghyun was reading the newspaper while drinking coffee when he heard a grunt. He turned his head on the side and smirked at the sight of his hung over friend. Seunghyun placed the newspaper down on the table and stood up, "Hung over my dear friend?" Jiyong grunted as he sat down on a chair at the dining table. 

Seunghyun chuckled and said, "I warned you, Ji. You shouldn't have drank that much." He took out the aspirin from one of his cupboards and poured water in a glass and brought it to Jiyong. Jiyong, on the other hand, clutched onto his head and massaged his temples to relieve the pain away. 

Seunghyun sat down on his seat and shook his head in disbelief. 

"Drink it." Seunghyun ordered and Jiyong obliged. 

After he drank the medicine, he closed his eyes and sighed. Seunghyun didn't ask what happened, but he knew something is bothering his friend. He didn't want to spoil his night, so he decided to ask him when he's sober the next morning. "So, why were you drinking last night?" Seunghyun asked his friend sincerely. 

Jiyong sighed and crossed his arms as he leaned his head on the chair. "Just confused and thinking about stuff." 

Seunghyun raised his eyebrow and said, "Stuff? What kind of stuff would that be?" 

Jiyong opened his eyes and looked at his hyung, "Hyung, don't you ever wonder where Dara and Bom could be?" Suddenly, Seunghyun froze on his spot as he clenched his fists. He looked away and sipped on his coffee. He sighed and hung his head low, "Actually, I keep thinking about her these past few days... but why did you ask?" 

Jiyong shrugged and said, "I think I found Dara." 

Seunghyun looked at Jiyong expectantly and exclaimed, "REALLY?!" Jiyong looked at his hyung and chuckled, "I'm not sure though. I just met someone who looked exactly like her and who had the same name as her. Not sure if it's really her." Disappointment overcame Seunghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter