Chapter 35

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

"Please do amuse me, Kwon Jiyong. I want to know why you were out in the club last night. Drinking like it's your last day here on Earth." Dara stated with a monotone while standing just by the front door of Seunghyun's home. Jiyong slightly jumped from his spot, he turned around and was more than shocked to see Dara. 

He wondered what she was doing at his friend's house but also wondered how she knew where he was. He couldn't speak for words, he just blankly stared at Dara while Dara was fuming inside and out. 

"Just because I don't ask about your whereabouts doesn't mean you can go clubbing and go drinking like this Jiyong. Maybe a couple of shots and enjoying your night without getting drunk is fine, but getting wasted and even had your friend pick you up isn't my type of coffee." Dara continued with a monotone, her arms crossed against her chest as she took a step forward. 

Jiyong's face flushed, guilt towering over him. He looked away, looking down at his hands instead. 

Dara sighed heavily, thinking about her mother, her sister and now Jiyong. She knew it's not Jiyong's fault that she's stressed but she just wanted to let everything out, but finding out Jiyong was out last night drinking disappointed her. She walked towards Jiyong and stood beside the couch. 

"Move," Dara stated, making Jiyong raise his eyebrows. 

He looked up with a confused face, not being able to comprehend what Dara meant by 'move'. 

Dara rolled her eyes and pushed Jiyong lightly, indicating to move slightly so she can take a seat beside him. Jiyong realized this and immediately squirmed his over. He swiftly shifted his feet onto the ground, his eyes never looking up in guilt. Dara looked at her guilty boyfriend and couldn't help but notice his cuteness. 

She slightly smiled, but immediately washed it away with a straight face. 

She cleared , "Is there anything you want to tell me Jiyong?" She asked, in the hopes of Jiyong opening up to her as to why he had to drink to the point of getting wasted last night. Jiyong briefly glanced at Dara from the corner of his eyes, biting his lip with hesitation cutting under his skin. 

"I-I-I'm sorry," Jiyong muttered, enough for Dara to hear. 

Dara shook her head and sighed, "You don't have to. I don't know why, but I feel like you got wasted because there's something bothering you. Am I right, Jiyong?" She asked, looking at him for confirmation, but Jiyong did not speak. Taking silence as a yes, she leaned forward and hugged Jiyong. 

Her unexpected gesture shocked Jiyong and herself. 

She didn't know why, but she felt like it was the most appropriate thing to do right now. 

She needed Jiyong's comfort, and she felt like Jiyong also needed her comfort. So as a result she hugged him instead of getting more angry at him for doing such a careless action. Jiyong looked at Dara with his widened eyes and blinked for a few times before embracing her back. 

Jiyong hugged her tightly, closing his eyes as he breathed in her fresh scent. 

He smiled slightly, feeling comforted by her mere presence. "I'm sorry I went out last night without your consent... i-i-it's just because I felt stuffy... and..." Dara shook her head before Jiyong could finished his sentence. "There's no need to say sorry. I know there must be something going on, that's why you decided to go out and drink." Dara reassured him, making Jiyong look at her in the eye and smile for understanding him. 

He felt so lucky to have a girlfriend like Dara. 

"Thank you Dara," Jiyong whispered in her ear, but as soon as the atmosphere changed from angsty to romantic, a loud clearing of throat from the house owner was heard just by the front door. "I know both of you made up and it's sweet, but can you please refrain from being cheesy inside my house?" 

Dara looked at Seunghyun by the front door, letting go from Jiyong and shook her head. She stood up from the couch and eyed the two men, "I'll be going now. Thanks for telling Jiyong was here Seunghyun and please do look out for him for me for the mean time." Without saying another word, she walked towards the front door and closed it. 

Seunghyun raised his eyebrows, "Well, that was a major 360 degree change. Just moments ago, you were hugging and being all cheesy and , and then she just left like that? What a great girlfriend you have, Ji. Great girlfriend." 

Jiyong glared at Seunghyun before standing up, "Although I'm thankful that you picked me up from the club last night, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter