Chapter 11

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Dr. Park." Yuri called as she peaked through Dara's office door. Dara looked up, tearing her eyes off of the papers she was reviewing, "Yeah?" She answered cluelessly. Yuri stepped inside and said, "Someone wants to see you." Yuri opened the door slightly and it revealed Jiyong with his hands inside his pockets. He gave Dara a small smile, while Dara looked at him without any expression. 

She nodded at Yuri and said, "Arasso, thanks Yuri. You may leave for the mean time." Yuri nodded and slightly bowed at Dara and to Jiyong. She turned her back at the two and made her way out, making sure she closed the door. 

Jiyong just looked at her, observing her, seeing if she was alright. As if Dara could read his mind, she said, "I'm fine, Jiyong-shi... Thank you." She said with a small smile. Jiyong nodded and said, "That's a relief." 

Silence. 

It wasn't an awkward silence, but a comforting one. The mere fact that Jiyong is seeing her already doing her work makes him feel relieved. While Dara felt safe and secured seeing Jiyong in front of him. 

"Uhm, you see-" They both said in unison. Jiyong looked at her as they both chuckled. "Go on ahead." Dara insisted, but Jiyong shook his head. "No, no. You go on ahead." Dara chuckled and said, "Uhm... Thank you for last night... and for... six years ago." Dara smiled at Jiyong and Jiyong brightly smiled. 

"So, you remember too, huh?" Jiyong said. Dara chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, kind of realized that it was you all along. That infamous line, 'I'm Kwon Jiyong the soon to be CEO of Kwon Enterprise', was really stuck in my head you know." Jiyong chuckled and shrugged. 

"Well, it's true, but anyway, that's no problem. I feel like I'm your destined saviour even from the start... noona." Jiyong softly said, and this made Dara's heart softened. She smiled and just looked at Jiyong. Jiyong sighed and said, "Well, since you're alright, I better get going." He bowed at Dara, but Dara bit her lip as she watched him walk away. 

"Jiyong!" She exclaimed. Jiyong turned around and cluelessly looked at her. 

"Yeah?" He answered. 

Dara heaved a deep sigh and looked down at her desk and said, "That dinner you were offering a few days back... do you still want to... eat out?" She bit her lip as she glanced at Jiyong who was chuckling. He turned his whole body in front of her and smiled. 

He shrugged and said, "Well, it seems like you're busy though." Dara bit her lip and said, "I could... make time." Jiyong laughed and nodded, "Sure. Tonight? I'll pick you up at 8, is that alright?" Dara nodded and smiled. 

"Yeah, that's alright. I'll see you later then." Dara said and Jiyong nodded. 

"Arasso, I'll see you. Work hard, noona." He said as he walked out the door, with Dara realizing that Jiyong just called her noona two times. She gasped and muttered, "Does he know it's me?" 

~•~•~•~

"Thanks for dropping me off Seunghyun." Jenny said as she leaned down to get a better view of Seunghyun. Seunghyun smiled and said, "What do you mean? I'm getting off too. Hold on." With that, he parked his car at the parking lot, which left Jenny dumbfounded. 

"What does he mean that he's going down too?" She muttered as she watched him. He got off his car and walked towards Jenny. He smirked and placed his hands inside his pocket. "Let's go?" Jenny furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Seunghyun walking towards their building. 

"Ya! Seunghyun!! Where the heck are you going?!" Jenny yelled over.

Seunghyun looke back and raised his eyebrows, "Inside, why?" Jenny rolled her eyes and said, "Why? You're not even an employee." Seunghyun chuckled and said, "I'm a model in Vogue. Why can't I go in?" Jenny rolled her eyes again and walked towards him and crossed her arms. 

"Whatever." She said as she walked past him. Seunghyun chuckled and rushed towards her. They bickered, like always, and walked towards the hall, where the staff were all shocked to see Jenny talking to Choi Seunghyun, the actor. However, Jenny could careless. 

He's just Choi Seunghyun. 

Seunghyun, the actor.

No big deal, right? 

Jenny noticed that everyone was looking at them, so she eyed them and muttered, "Why are all these people looking at me? Do I have a dirt on my face or something?" Seunghyun looked at everyone and chuckled. "I think they are looking at you because you're with me. I'm TOP after all." 

Jenny stopped in her tracks and scoffed, "Ya! Just because you're famous doesn't mean you have to be conceited." 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and said, "I'm not being conceitedc it's called a fact, Jenny." Jenny glared at him and walked past him. 

"And it's noona for you!" Jenny exclaimed as she stomped her way towards the elevator. Seunghyun laughed and shook his head. 

~•~•~•~

"It's just dinner Dara... just dinner, calm your nerves." Dara told herself as she faced the mirror of the hospital bathroom. She sighed heavily as she looked at herself in the mirror. She studied her face and saw how haggard it loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter