Chapter 24

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"Whay aren't you going in?" Seunghyun asked with his stern voice. 

I immediately froze in my spot. Shoot, really? Did I really have to get caught at this time? I sighed heavily and closed my eyes, gathering every courage I had. I slowly opened the door wide for me and cleared my throat, "I-I was." Damn it, why did I have to stutter? What if he thinks I'm nervous because he's here? 

Well, okay, yeah, I was really nervous right now. Not because I'm intimidated by him, but because of the fact that I'm nervous for our meeting? Oh really now, Jenny? Should I be lying to myself right now? I pursed my lips and tried my hardest not to glance at him, but damn it. I caught him looking straight at me and I immediately shot my head the other way. 

I gulped as I looked at the surroundings, it was just a small conference room, full of magazine covers across the whole room, posted on a brown bulletin board. I eyed the seat at the other end, just across from Seunghyun's seat and didn't hesitate to sit down. I placed my things down and pulled out the chair, but it let out a small creak. 

I sighed and sat down and fidgited with my two hands. As I looked down on my lap, I knew Seunghyun must be looking at me and thinking how weird I am. Just when I thought he's not going to talk to me at all while waiting for the others to come, he spoke. 

"How come you're so quiet now, but yesterday you were being all loud?" He asked. I looked up and met his intimidating eyes and looked away. Aish, seriously Jenny Park? You're going to get intimidated by him now? Are you serious? Do whatever you did yesterday. Be serious and fierce. I looked at him and gave him a glare, but he just smirked. 

I scoffed and shook my head in disbelief, "I'm being quiet not because I'm intimidated by you or anything, I'm being quiet because I've got nothing to tell you." 

Silence. 

However, after a short span of silence, he spoke up once again, "I didn't say anything about you getting intimidated by me. Are you?" I closed my eyes and let out a long sigh. I shook my head and just stayed quiet, but I could still feel his intense glare on me. I seriously don't have anything to say to him, honestly. 

His behaviour yesterday was unacceptable, why does he need to be treated nicely today?

If I was given a chance to get my mother back, I'd do anything just to have that chance, but he was clearly being an to his mother and I find it unacceptable. I bit my lip as I remembered what he told me yesterday — that I didn't know anything that was happening to them. It's true. 

I might not know anything, but it's still not right for him to treat his mother that way. Right? Or did Mrs. Choi do something bad? I sighed and shook my head, "That's impossible." I muttered. It's quite impossible, right? I mean, Mrs. Choi looks so angelic! How can she do such bad things? I sighed and shook my head. 

"Why am I thinking about these things?" I muttered. 

"Yeah, why are you thinking about those things?" 

I looked up and saw Seunghyun's expressionless face. I rolled my eyes and muttered, "You don't even know what I'm thinking about." Then he just suddenly laughed. I furrowed my eyebrows and scoffed, "What are you laughing at?" Making sure to send glares on his way. 

He shook his head and said, "I certainly know what you were thinking about." 

I scoffed and said, "How? Suddenly, you became a mind reader?" I sarcastically stated, crossing my arms. He smiled and sighed softly, "No, think about it. Were you really just thinking? Are you sure you weren't thinking aloud?" Just then, my eyes widened.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter