Ring 41

Ring

 



 

The thud sound startled Hyukjae who was playing with his fingers at the dining table. He looked up to found Kyuhyun had placed several dishes on the table. He watched Kyuhyun scooped a good amount of rice to a bowl and placed it gently in front of him.

 

‘My farm wasn’t being friendly with me and I lost all the vegetables I planted because of weather and also wild animals. The only save is this potatoes and few some which I bought from the town before coming here.’ Kyuhyun said suddenly, and Hyukjae looked at the mashed potatoes the other makes.

 

‘You planted this?’ Hyukjae asked, looking at the mashed potatoes unbelievingly. Kyuhyun nodded with a tint of pale brush on his cheeks. He quickly looked away when he could felt Hyukjae was staring at him in disbelief.

 

‘You have to here. The convenience store took two hours from here. I can’t keep going there for two hours just because I need to eat something.’ Kyuhyun said, scooping rice onto his own mouth. ‘If the villagers are kind enough, they might give me something in return for teaching their children.’ Kyuhyun said. ‘Something likes tomatoes, radish. There one time an old lady was kind enough to give me kimchi.’  

 

Hyukjae nodded and imitated Kyuhyun’s action, bringing the spoon with the mashed potatoes onto his mouth. Hyukjae’s eyes glistened with delight once he done swallowing it. ‘This is good.’ He complimented. ‘Much better than what we have at town.’

 

Kyuhyun smiled, rubbing his neck shyly. ‘Glad you like it.’ He mumbled while drinking.

 

‘How did you manage to learn cook this?’ Hyukjae asked. ‘I remember you’re not a good company to be in the kitchen.’

 

Kyuhyun pouted slightly at the accusation. ‘You have to when you decided to live alone in place like this.’ Kyuhyun said, slightly annoyed.

 

Hyukjae who found Kyuhyun annoyed face laughed, because he hadn’t seen this face for quite a long time, and he admit, he miss it. He miss him.

 

The two continued eating, exchanging no more words.

 

********

 

‘We…’

 

‘I need to look at my farm.’ Before Hyukjae could say more, Kyuhyun already makes his way out from the house. He walked towards the small hut, taking a hoe and wore a garden hat. He took another garden hat, walking towards Hyukjae. ‘Are you coming?’ He asked while shoving the hat to Hyukjae, looking away.

 

Confused, Hyukjae took the hat to his hand. Kyuhyun walked as soon as Hyukjae grabbed the hat, leaving the still confused one. Hyukjae quickly run to Kyuhyun, following the other. ‘Aren’t you’re going to lock the house?’ Hyukjae asked during their walk. ‘Robber might come…’

 

‘In case you forgot, I leaving all alone here. No neighbors. Do you think there will be anyone so interested enough to climb the long road only to rob my house?’ Kyuhyun asked, looking at Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae slowly shakes his head, and that satisfied Kyuhyun. He continued his walking again.

 

Hyukjae was brought to a very large farm by Kyuhyun. It was big that Hyukjae thing there’s no way Kyuhyun could handle it without anyone else help. He heard a desperate sigh escaped Kyuhyun’s lips. The taller had been down to find his cabbages was all damaged, ruining by wild animals Hyukjae could guess.

 

Kyuhyun roughly plucked the cabbages, throwing it at the side of the farm. Hyukjae could saw the disappointment on Kyuhyun’s face. Kyuhyun went to each line, checking his plants but was again disappointed when all he could see was rotten vegetables.

 

‘This is too harsh.’ Kyuhyun mumbled, started to grow fed up with this play. It has been months already, and no veggie he planted was successful, unless the potatoes. But he couldn’t keep eating potatoes. He needed other veggie too; to trade with other villagers for some worthy food. And now he had to mouth to take care of, this surely wasn’t a pleased to know.

 

Hyukjae pitied Kyuhyun, but there nothing he can do. He watched Kyuhyun inspecting one by one his veggie, and Hyukjae followed suit. He was hoping that they could found one, at least one, that was not rotten, or eaten by animals, or…

 

‘Kyu.’ Hyukjae shouted, calling excitedly. Kyuhyun looked up to see Hyukjae was desperately waving his hand to him, asking Kyuhyun to come nearer. Kyuhyun quickly went to the other and big smiles were printed on his face. His radishes were actually growing.

 

‘Kyu…’ Hyukjae called. ‘Kyu, its growing.’ Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun bent down to inspect more.

 

‘We cannot pluck it yet. It still not yet matured.’ Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae nodded in understanding. ‘Let check if we have other too.’ Kyuhyun said and them both agreed to inspected the farm closely. The both guys doing it till dawn. They were quite disappointed to find that the radishes were the only survives, but still they couldn’t content their happiness.

 

‘I can look for more info on how to take care other veggie.’ Hyukjae said. ‘I saw a moving library near the convenient store before coming here. Maybe I can borrow few books and we can study together how to plant those ruined veggies? Oh where did you bought the seeds? Maybe we can asked the seller about what soil is good to use?’ Hyukjae was still mumbling excitedly, planning on what they should do with the ruined plants. The growing radishes have give him slightly hope and excitement to help Kyuhyun. He wanted to help Kyuhyun. He wanted to be at the other side. He wanted to live his life again with Kyuhyun. ‘Maybe I can ask Haerin about how her family…’

 

‘Hyuk…’ Kyuhyun called, cutting Hyukjae’s mumbling. ‘We need to talk.’ Kyuhyun said seriously.

 

‘We are talking, Kyu.’ Hyukjae said grinning, finding Kyuhyun was quite silly for asking that.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, placing his hand gently on top of Hyukjae’s one. ‘We need to talk. About us.’ He said and Hyukjae’s stomach twisted.



I couldn't help to put this scene. I never done gardening, so it might be little bit off~~

Anyhow, the talk is coming...I promise.

Enjoy everyone~