Ring 16

Ring

 



 

'Hey Hyukjae.' Siwon greeted, the one who half sitting on his bed, looking at the scenery outside his apartment window. Hyukjae turned his face to Siwon, giving him smile that always makes Siwon's heart flattered in happiness.

 

'Morning, Siwon.' He greeted back and turned his attention to the scenery back. His LCD TV was on, showing a breaking news, but the news was nothing on his concern.

 

'How are you feeling today?' Siwon asked, watching the news instead. Getting bored, he took the newspaper and read it. But second later closed it since nothing really interested for him to read at.

 

Hyukjae nodded happily. 'Better than yesterday, I guess.' He said and Siwon walked to his bed side. Hyukjae gave him his cheshire cat smile when the taller was his hair lovely. 'What's wrong, hmm Wonnie? Anything bad has happened?' He asked. 

 

Siwon just shook his head. 'Nothing. I just miss you.' He said and Hyukjae chuckled.

 

'Didn't we already met yesterday?' Hyukjae said, still laughing at the taller. 'God, Siwon, sometimes you are too cheessy. Unlike Kyu-...' Hyukjae paused at the mentioned of the latter's name. Siwon body tensed when he heard Hyukjae said the name all aloud but yet unfinished. Hyukjae gave Siwon his smile, turning his attention back to the view outside.

 

Siwon let out a desperate sigh, he wanted Hyukjae to looked at him at that time. Look at how much he had missed Hyukjae. Look at how miserable he was without Hyukjae.

 

'How are you feeling today, Hyuk?' Siwon asked, unconcious to him that this was the second times he asked the same question. He then frowned when realization hit him. Why the hell did I asked same question? He thought. 

 

'I'm fine.' Hyukjae said, still not turning his head to Siwon. 

 

Siwon's face clouded, dissappointed because Hyukjae not even realized he had answered the question before, which mean to Siwon he did not pay attention to him. 'Do you want to go out, Hyuk?' Siwon asked cheerily, trying to mask his sadness and not let it shown to Hyukjae. 

 

'No, Wonnie. I prefer to stay home.' Hyukjae said, but Siwon was persistent.

 

'Oh come on, Hyuk. This is so boring. Why don't we go-' Before Siwon could even finished, Hyukjae snapped at him.

 

'Can't you just leave me alone?' Hyukjae shouted at Siwon, earning a shocked face from Siwon. 'I don't want to go out. I don't want to do anything.' Hyukjae shouted, started to throwing pillow to every direction, but not to Siwon. 'I want to stay at home. I don't want to go out so that people won't have that sympathy look on them when they look at me with that stupid wheelchair.' He said angrily, pointed to the wheelchair at the corner of his room. 

 

'Hyuk... I'm sorry.' Siwon said, rubbing both his hand. 'I've never intended to make you feel that way.'

 

'Oh Lord. Siwon, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, Siwon. I don't mean to throw fit on you. I'm so sorry, Siwon. I just fed up with everything now.' Hyukjae said, regretting as he know Siwon wasn't the person he should mad at. Siwon had been so nice in accompany him. Siwon had been so patient in handling the mood swing of him. 'I'm so sorry, Siwon.' He said and crying on the taller embrace.  

 

Siwon quickly rushed to his side back, hugging the smaller in his embrance. 'Hush now, Hyuk. I'm know you're sorry. I know you didn't mean it. Its okay. Stop crying.' Siwon said while rubbing the back of Hyukjae, soothing him from crying.

 

'I'm sorry that I have been this pathetic, Siwon. I'm so sorry.' Siwon said no more and continue rubbing his back. It wasn't you who should said sorry, Hyukjae. It should be Kyuhyun. Siwon thought. 

 

'Any relative of this patient?' A doctor asked as soon as he was out from the operation room.

 

'I'm his friend. Siwon. Choi Siwon.' Siwon stood introducing himself, and shaking the doctor's hand.

 

The doctor nodded and acknowledge Siwon. 'Shall we speak inside my office, Mr. Choi? There's several thing I need to highlight with you regarding Mr. Lee condition.' The doctor said, and Siwon's stomach twisted in fear. Siwon followed the doctor from behind to his office. His eyes just trailing after the doctor, pasting X-Ray on the board. 

 

'I have bad news which I have to tell you regarding Mr. Lee's condition, Mr. Choi. But first, I shall ask, are you familiar with any medical term like spinal cord?' He asked to Siwon.

 

Siwon nodded. 'Not much but only the basic I learnt during school. Its a part which controlling our movement, am I right?' Siwon answered.

 

The doctor nodded. 'Sort of although it actually more than that. But in Mr. Lee case that knowledge would be enough.' The doctor said.

 

'Is there anything wrong with his?' Siwon asked, already sweating.

 

The doctor sighed. 'I'm sorry to say this but yes, something is wrong with his spinal cord now. Mr. Lee had injured his spinal cord. He injured his spinal cord and now he paralysed on his bottom part.' The doctor said and Siwon gasped. 

 

'You mean... Hyukjae is no longer...' Siwon was lost at his words when the doctor nodded his head.

 

'I'm sorry to broke this news to you. But Mr. Lee is no longer able to walk freely.' The doctor said, reading Siwon reaction in silent.

 

Siwon shook his head repeatedly, unable to accept the cruel fact that now happening to Hyukjae. 'But... but he loves to dance... Dancing is his passion. You tell me doctor, tell me how is he going to dance anymore? Now that.... now that he will be sitting on a wheelchair?' Siwon asked, started to crying and blaming the doctor. 'Why don't you do something to avoid that from happen?'

 

'Mr. Choi.' The doctor's voice was soft but stern. 'Mr. Lee had injured his spinal cord during the hit. Is either the impact was too strong or probably the passerby who had tried to help him makes his spinal cord injured more when they lifting him to safer place. I was being told that thing happen at the accident side. You can't blame them, they are just trying to help. But sometimes people just don't understand that they should not touch people who had been hit on the road. Cases like this happen a lot.' The doctor explained.

 

Siwon cupped his face with his hands, asking. 'Is there... is there any chances of he regaining back his composure?' He wouldn't want the doctor to tell him otherwise. He wanted the doctor to to tell him 'yes, he still have chance.' but Siwon wasn't stupid. He know the risk when someone injured their spinal cord. 

 

'I'm afraid that it will be not.'  The doctor said, and Siwon let his manly tears run down his face. He no longer care how terrible he look right now. 'He injure is severe. The chances for him getting back to his feet just five percent. We could conduct physical therapy for him, but we cannot be so sure that he will regain his ability to walk again.'

 

'Just conduct it. Do whatever you can so that he can walk back again. No matter how much it cost.' Siwon said, making the doctor left out huge sigh.

 

'This is not about money, Mr. Choi. This is about the patient acceptance itself. I'm afraid that Mr. Lee could accept this easily.' The doctor said. 'Do you want me to broke the news to him? He should be wake up any times soon.' The doctor said and look at his watch. 

 

'No, I'll do it.' Siwon said. 'And I'll make sure he follow the treatment, no matter what it takes.' Siwon said and stood up. He shakes the doctor's hand, wobbling to Hyukjae's room. Siwon opened the door of Hyukjae's room, the cracking sound shook the sleeping one. 

 

'Kyu....' Hyukjae purred, slowly getting up. He blinked his eyes few times, getting used of his surrounding. 'Kyuhyun?' He called.

 

'Hey Hyuk.' Hyukjae's face changed when he heard Siwon greeting him instead. Then realization hit him when he saw he's no longer wearing his wedding ring. He and Kyuhyun had divorced. He tried to wake up, to reach Siwon, looking for comfort, but to his shock, he couldn't.

 

'Siwon. Why I can't feel my legs?' He asked, and Siwon heart shattered to pieces, watching Hyukjae throwing everything after he told him what had happened to him during the accident.

 

'Hyuk... let eat a little.' Siwon said at the night, but Hyukjae instantly back facing him. 'Hyuk...' He called persuading.

 

'Get out.' Hyukjae said, still looking at the white wall. 'I don't want anyone inside this room.'

 

Siwon sighed. Hyukjae had been shooing everyone away since he learnt the fact that he could no longer walk. He had been sedative few times, but each time he wake up, he will started throwing tanthrum. He not even touch anything to eat, too complied with his sorrow. 

 

'Do you want me to tell Kyuhyun?' Siwon asked and Hyukjae abruptly turned back to him.

 

Hyukjae's eyes were red, there's trace of tears on his cheecks, his lips was chapped because he was biting them so hard. 'Don't you dare tell anything to Kyuhyun. Don't you dare Siwon.' he warned, glaring at the taller.

 

'If you don't want me to tell him, you must followed my instruction. First above all, eat.' Siwon said, lifting the bowl. Hyukjae ignored, glaring in anger to him.

 

'Don't you tell me what should I do.' Hyukjae said sternly. 'It wasn't you who cannot walk anymore.' He said giving up to his life, earning a glare from Siwon. 

 

'Fine then. Stay being stubborn and I'll tell Kyuhyun about this.' Siwon said and fished out his phone from his pants' pocket. Hyukjae quickly reach the bowl, taking the food to his mouth, glaring and muttering 'I hate you' to Siwon. 'You may hate me for the rest of your life, Hyukjae. But I'll be the one who was always there for you.' Siwon said, caressing Hyukjae's hair, which makes the latter snapped away his hand from his head.

 



Just some insight of what had happened to Hyukjae that makes him refused to meet Kyuhyun. Also for pre-reason before you hated Siwon on the next chapters later.

 

Enjoy everyone!