Ring 33

Ring

 



 

‘Do we know you?’ Donghae asked to the tall person in front of Heechul’s grave.

 

Hankyung shook his head. ‘We never meet but I do know you. I’m Hyukjae’s therapist, Hankyung.’ Hankyung said introducing himself.

 

‘Okay.’ Donghae said awkwardly. ‘That’s weird for you to know me. I can understand if you know Hyukjae, since you’re his doctor. But never once I ever accompany Hyukjae during the treatment. So, I shouldn’t know you and you shouldn’t know me.’

 

‘I am Heechul’s best friend.’ Hankyung said. ‘I know you from Heechul’s stories. He told me a lot about you.’

 

‘And why do you think that Kyuhyun was very familiar to you? Did Heechul tell about Kyuhyun to you too?’ Hyukjae asked.

 

‘Yeah. A lot.’ Hankyung said and smiled. ‘Heechul really loves his little brother, you know?’ Hankyung said, taking away the leaf that just fall down on Heechul’s grave. ‘He is willing to do everything he can so that Kyuhyun could find back his daughter. Oh, speaking of daughter, have Kyuhyun found her back yet?’ Hankyung asked and turned to the both persons, but was greeted by their stunning expression.

 

‘D-ddaughter?’ Hyukjae stuttered, never crossed in his mind that Kyuhyun have a child, a daughter.

 

Hankyung nodded. ‘Yeah, Lee Ahreum. She is Kyuhyun’s missing daughter.’ Hankyung said and Hyukjae felt like collapsing.

 

‘Her name is Ahreum.’ The man named Lee Sang In said, giving a photo album to Leeteuk. ‘She’s our granddaughter.’

 

‘I don’t understand.’ Leeteuk said, flipping through the album. Kangin next to him just sat silent ‘I thought she was your daughter?’

 

The woman shook her head and smiled, his husband let her to speak. ‘The truth is she’s our granddaughter. And by right, she is your granddaughter too.’

 

Leeteuk stopped flipping through the album and looked to the couples. ‘What do you mean?’

 

‘It’s a young love.’ Hankyung said after three of them sat under one hut. ‘Heechul told me that Kyuhyun was so in love with Sungmin.’ He stopped to sip the coffee on his hand. ‘Sungmin is three years older than him at that time, but it doesn’t matter to Kyuhyun. He told Heechul he could balance his study and times for Sungmin, he just needed Heechul to cover him whenever he was out with Sungmin.’ Hankyung laughed. ‘It’s funny. Can you imagine, he just fifteen at that times and he already thinking of asking for Sungmin’s hand for marriage?’

 

Hankyung stopped laughing when he saw no reaction coming from neither Hyukjae nor Donghae. He cleared his throat, continued telling the story. ‘Their relationship was good, Kyuhyun and Sungmin I mean, but it changed after two years.’

 

‘Sungmin is my sister’s son. He is a good boy; always listen well to his parents. When he had your son as his boyfriend, he was truly happy. I never saw Sungmin glowing more than the times when he together with Kyuhyun.’ Lee Sang In said, and his wife held his hand supporting him to continue. ‘But after two years, Sungmin changed.’

 

Leeteuk and Kangin waited for Sang In to continue, because from the look of the man, it was too hard for him to continue.

 

‘Are you okay, honey?’ His wife asked. ‘Do you want me to tell them on your behalf?’

 

Sang In shook his head, and held his wife’s hand tighter. ‘They are coming from far. It’s time for them to know the truth. And I have promised to that boy that I will do it for him, since he didn’t know how to.’ Sang In said, wiping his slowly formed tears with his thumb. ‘I’m sorry.’ He apologized and laughed in embarrassed. Kangin muttered ‘it’s okay’ lowly and held onto his wife’s hand, tight.

 

‘My brother in-law company collapsed, they have too much debt that they have to sell everything, including their house.’ Sang In continued. ‘It is so hard and stressful for the family. Sungmin affected the most. He never lives in poor life, so when they have to change their lifestyle, Sungmin couldn’t adapt.’

 

‘Kyuhyun had go around and tried to help Sungmin’s family, in finance.’ Hankyung said. ‘He borrowed money from Heechul, also giving his own allowance to Sungmin. Kyuhyun pampered Sungmin, because he knows that Sungmin couldn’t live like a poor.’

 

‘But it is still not enough for Sungmin?’ Donghae asked, wildly guessed.

 

Hankyung nodded. ‘It’s hard to change habit drastically. Sungmin was too used living in wealthy, so when his family business bankrupt, he couldn’t accept. Even though Kyuhyun always buy whatever Sungmin wanted, fulfilling his wishes to max, Sungmin never satisfied. Because of that, he started to become greedy, and possessive.’ Hankyung said and stopped for a long breathe.

 

‘Sungmin didn’t allow Kyuhyun to even talk to anyone, including your other son, Heechul.’ Sang In said. ‘He wanted Kyuhyun to always be in front of him, never left his eyes. Kyuhyun had troubles of going to school, because Sungmin will beg to him to never go. Kyuhyun loves Sungmin so much, that sometimes he wills not going to school, or not coming home at all because he spent times with Sungmin.’ Sang In said and Leeteuk nodded, acknowledge that sometimes Kyuhyun didn’t come home and told him that he had to do project or staying at Heechul’s place.

 

‘Sungmin was afraid that someone is going to take away Kyuhyun from him, like how bank took away his house from their family. So, he hold onto Kyuhyun tight. Kyuhyun had been missed school for week. Heechul was the one who covered Kyuhyun’s school by saying to the principal that Kyuhyun will follow him out station for a while.’

 

‘They should tell Uncle Kangin.’ Donghae protested. ‘Maybe Uncle Kangin can help.’

 

Hankyung shook his head. ‘I’m not saying that their father is being biased, but Kyuhyun always felt that his father loves Heechul more than him. And he was just seventeen at that times, he was afraid that his father is going to get angry separate them after knows about this.’

 

‘Kyuhyun begged me to never tell anyone, especially his parents. He was so afraid that you will try to separate them, because he loves Sungmin so much that he couldn’t afford to separate with him.’ Sang In said, and Kangin closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose, trying to tear away the stress and guiltiness that started to build inside him.

 

‘Kyuhyun faked a playboy attitude, telling everyone that he was out with this girl and another guy so that his parents won’t feel weird of his drastic changing attitude.’ Hankyung said. ‘Heechul tell me that his parents actually believed that Kyuhyun loves wasting time and play around.’

 

‘Your other son, he had tried talking to Kyuhyun so many times to shared about Sungmin, but Kyuhyun was so afraid of your acceptance.’ Sang In said.

 

‘That boy is very gullible. He just doesn’t want anyone to hurt because of him. He was young at that times, he couldn’t differentiate which action was right or wrong, he’s not mature yet.’ His wife added.           

 

‘So, how did this Ahreum become his daughter?’ Hyukjae asked after a long silence.

 

‘Like I said, Kyuhyun pampered Sungmin. Every Sungmin’s wishes, he will try to fulfill it.’ Hankyung answered.

 

‘I bet it count the too?’ Kangin asked, feeling his inside boiling.

 

‘Kyuhyun didn’t like it to be called that way.’ Sang In said and smiled, knowing that Kangin had started to get angry. ‘He appreciated their relationship and he just wanted the best.’

 

‘He is just seventeen. That Sungmin boy was using him!’ Kangin roared.

 

Sang In’s wife flinched at Kangin sudden outburst. She hugged her husband tighter, afraid of the sudden emotion shown by Kangin.

 

‘Honey…’ Leeteuk called, trying to calm down his rage husband.

 

‘My son is only seventeen and he was forced to please your nephew.’ Kangin shouted. ‘His future is doom because of that Sungmin.’

 

‘To tell the truth, Kyuhyun had started to feel unhappy after Sungmin changed.’ Hankyung said while Donghae and Eunhyuk listen tentatively to him. ‘He told Heechul that he was tired living that way. Sungmin never satisfied. He even can’t talk with his classmates like a normal people anymore.’

 

Hankyung took a long breathe before he continue once again. ‘There’s few times where Sungmin hurt his classmates because he saw them talking with Kyuhyun. Even though Kyuhyun had been telling Sungmin that they were just friends, Sungmin couldn’t believe him. Sungmin hit that boy with baseball bat in front of Kyuhyun. Luckily Heechul was just nearby and able to stopped Sungmin before he killed that boy. And after that incident, Kyuhyun was in trauma.’

 

‘We don’t know what had happened, but there’s one time where Kyuhyun refused to go out, even going to school.’ Sang In continued after Kangin’s rage slow down a bit. ‘But we could guess it has something to do with Sungmin because that boy flinched whenever Sungmin went near him and apologized. From that, we know something was wrong with Sungmin.’

 

‘Sungmin’s uncle send Sungmin to a doctor, and from the test they made, Sungmin was positive having a split personality due to stress.’ Hankyung said, earning gasped from both Hyukjae and Donghae. ‘And the time they wanted to cure Sungmin, something big happened.’

 

‘Sungmin started to get morning sickness, he always have mood swing.’ Sang In wife said, because he couldn’t explain well on that part.

 

‘It is a pregnancy symptom.’ Leeteuk added, completely aware of it.

 

 ‘Yes. Sungmin was positive pregnant at that moment.’ Hankyung said. ‘At that time, everyone was in dead end. We don’t know which one to do first. Either send Sungmin for his treatment or wait till the baby was born.’

 

‘Your son, Heechul, decided it was best to send Sungmin for his treatment first. And we agreed to abort the baby.’ Sang In’s wife said.

 

‘Did Kyuhyun agreed?’ Hyukjae asked.

 

Hankyung shook his head. ‘No, Kyuhyun was so angry when he knows about our plan. He told us that he will kill himself if we dare to touch his baby. Kyuhyun loves that baby so much. He told us that it was his baby and he wanted to raise it.’

 

‘Heechul had tried his best to changed Kyuhyun’s mind, but he insists of having the baby.’ Sang In said. ‘We become worried more when we got to know that Sungmin had to be in that condition.’  

 

‘Fat. I looked fat. That was what Sungmin always tell to himself in the mirror. He was not happy.’ Hankyung sighed. ‘Although Kyuhyun had told him that he will still love Sungmin, he couldn’t believe it. He even has the thought that whenever the baby is delivered, Kyuhyun will love it more that Kyuhyun loves Sungmin.’   

 

Hyukjae cupped his mouth with his mouth. That was what I have been telling Kyuhyun whenever he told me he wanted a baby.

 

‘Kyuhyun caught Sungmin tried to harm their baby few times. Kyuhyun will run to him, hugging his stomach whenever he saw Sungmin hit his own stomach, trying to kill the baby. We don’t think it was healthy to both Kyuhyun and Sungmin, so we decided it was the best to take out the baby.’ Sang In said, his wife besides him already weeping in tears, once again.

 

‘But when we went to genealogist, they said it impossible anymore since the baby is already seven months.’ Hankyung said. ‘In that condition, Kyuhyun was the only one in happiness. Sungmin become worse but Kyuhyun tried protecting his baby each times Sungmin tried to hurt it.’

 

‘Two months and Kyuhyun was cheerful, couldn’t wait for the baby to go out. He had bought so many of baby’s clothes, all is pink.’ Sang In wife said, giggled in between her tears. ‘As if he already knows the baby will be a little girl.’

 

‘The baby was delivered and as Kyuhyun predicted, it was a baby girl. He named his baby as Ahreum, mean beautiful. But Kyuhyun nightmare didn’t stop after the baby was born.’ Hankyung said, put a serious face.

 

‘Sungmin tried to kill the baby.’ Sang In said and both Leeteuk and Kangin gasped. ‘He let the baby hungry; he tried to drown the baby inside the tub. But everything Sungmin did wasn’t success because Kyuhyun, Heechul or we were able to stop him.’  

 

‘We decided it wasn’t good anymore to silent ourselves and did nothing. Sungmin’s uncle, Sang  In had took away the baby. He, his wife and Ahreum moved out from their house and couldn’t be trace anymore. Kyuhyun was so angry, but after a while he accepts the fact and focused more on treating Sungmin.’ Hankyung said, ending the story. ‘So, is Kyuhyun found Ahreum yet?’ Hankyung asked to Hyukjae who was in tears.    

 



I believe now all question was answered. 

Enjoy everyone!