Ring 26

Ring


 

‘Ahreum, this is Donghae. Say hi to him.’ I showed her Donghae through the web cam. Donghae waved his hand to Ahreum, a little bit shock and flustered when suddenly a lady shows in front of him. I laughed at Donghae’s secret disapproval of Ahreum’s sudden presence.

 

‘Hello, Donghae ssi... Kyuhyun oppa talk a lot about you.’ Ahreum waved her small hand back to Donghae. I watched how Donghae rubbed his neck shyly, his shy expression was priceless. ‘So Donghae ssi… recently Kyuhyun oppa keeps telling me about this one particular person named Hyukjae. Did you know him?’ Ahreum asked straight to the point to Donghae. I just laughed at this small girl’s jealousy.

 

‘Ah… Hyukjae is…’ Donghae looked at me, silently asking permission if either it was okay to tell Ahreum about Hyukjae. I mouthed ‘go on’ to him and he looked at me as I have lost my mind. Nether less, Donghae started talking about Hyukjae, gaining so much attention from Ahreum. I left the two to talk alone, excusing myself to talk over phone.

 

I was just finished talking with Hyukjae when Ahreum went out from the room, yawning sleepily. ‘Oppa, Donghae ssi is waiting for you. He said he has few things to discuss with you.’ She said and walked to her bedroom. ‘Good night, oppa.’ She muttered, head supported by the door.

 

‘Good night, princess.’ I said to her with smile, she nodded and off to her bed. I walked to my own room, continued the skype-ing Ahreum had left with Donghae.

 

‘You must be the most boring people my princess ever met.’ I said to Donghae, making him rolled his eyes to me.

 

‘We are doing wonderful before. It just sleepiness took the best of her and I send her to sleep. Enough with this. Because I have more important thing to ask you.’ Donghae said, his face turned serious. ‘What the hell are you doing, Cho Kyuhyun?’ He questioned, arms crossed his chest.

 

‘What did I do?’ I asked, not understand what question that was for.

 

‘What the hell are you doing with a lady, inside this house? Where the hell is here and where is Hyukjae?’ Donghae asked, totally angry.

 

‘First, I am sending some times with my princess. Your second question, this is the house I bought for Ahreum. And to answer your third question, Hyukjae is currently with my mommy, which is so much of my disliking, since I cannot spend times with him and mommy was saying big ‘no’ when I say I could tag along.’ I said, pouted and rolled my eyes remembering Mommy who kept warned me to not disturb Hyukjae for today.

 

Donghae’s eyes were wide open. ‘You… you bought this house for Ahreum?’ He asked for confirmation and I nodded. Donghae face-palmed himself, was too annoyed to talk I guess; since he did not say anything about fifteen minutes. ‘What the are you thinking, Kyuhyun?’ I was shocked when I heard Donghae’s tone, plus he was gritting his teeth at the moment. ‘Why are you playing around with kid?’

 

I laughed at Donghae’s words. ‘Ahreum will be very angry if you call her kid, you know. I once did, and she did not talk to me for whole day.’ I said, smiling. ‘She’s still a kid, Donghae, that’s why I am protecting her.’

 

‘What about Hyukjae? Does he know about her?’ I let out sigh when Donghae asked me that.

 

‘I am planning of telling him soon. I wonder what his reaction would be.’ I answered and before I could added, Donghae cut me first.

 

‘Angry, betrayed, disappointed.’ Donghae said. I was about to denied it when Donghae cut me, again. ‘What the hell are you thinking cheating behind Hyukjae with seventeen years old girl? You’re thirty three years old man, damnit.’ Donghae cursed, quietly making me shut. ‘Hyukjae is a perfection, why the hell do you think of cheating?’

 

‘I did not cheat.’ I frowned, annoyed with Donghae’s accusation.

 

‘If you’re not cheating, why the hell you are now with…’ before Donghae could finish his words, my phone rang and Hyukjae’s name appeared on the screen. I smiled widely and answered the call.

 

‘Hold on second, baby.’ I said to Hyukjae and turned my eyes to Donghae. ‘Bye, Hae. My love is calling me.’ I said and closed the lid of my laptop, jumping to the bed like a kid and brought the phone to my ear. ‘Baby.’ I said and Hyukjae’s giggled. ‘What are you doing?’ I asked and we continued chatting till morning.

 

‘Oppa.’ I groaned when I felt someone hit me with my pillow.

 

‘Go away. I’m sleepy.’ I said dreamily.

 

‘Oppa, wake up. You promised to send me to tuition centre.’ I sighed and woke up. I rubbed my eyes to get better view of my little princess.

 

‘Good morning.’ I said satisfied since she didn’t wear clothes that will attract people attention to her, unlike her usual dress up. ‘You look decent and pretty.’

 

‘I don’t want to hear you nag at me anymore.’ She groaned. ‘You sure sound like old man.’

 

‘Hey, I just want you to wear something appropriate, okay.’ I said, defending the reason why I nagged at her before.

 

‘Yes, yes, Appa. I know you did for my best. Now go shower so that you can send me to tuition.’ She said and pushed me up.

 

I was stunned. ‘What did you call me?’ I asked for confirmation.

 

‘Old man.’ She said. ‘You sounded like old man, like my father. Nagging at me because I wearing short.’ She pouted. ‘Come on, oppa. Hurry. I don’t want to miss Mr. Seong Jung’s class.’ She said and I looked at her disbelief.

 

‘Yah, Don’t tell me you agree to go to tuition because the teacher is handsome?’ I interrogated. 'And no one is much more handsome than me, you know?' I said, boasting myself. 

 

She shrugged her shoulder and pushed me towards bathroom. ‘He is worth to stare for four hours.’ She said playfully and closed the door. ‘I will be waiting in front.’

 

‘Yah, Lee Ahreum!’ I shouted, but never continued my words.  

 

‘Remember, do not…’

 

‘Do not flirt with the teacher. You send me here so that I can study English and go overseas, like what I always wanted.’ She continued my words, rolling her eyes at me. ‘I understand and will follow your order, second father. Or should I call you Appa since second father is too long?’ She asked playfully and I smiled, playing with her hair.

 

‘Which ever you like, my little princess.’ I said and she snorted.

 

‘I’m princess, but not little.’ She pouted.

 

‘You always a little princess to me.’ I said, examining her face.

 

‘Oh shot, I’m late.’ She said when she looked at her wrist watch. ‘Good bye, Appa and thanks for sending me. Don’t worry, I will ask father to fetch me so you can go out with your Hyukjae.’ She said and get out from the car, running to her tuition class, laughing, feeling it was so funny to call me 'Appa'. Before she enters, she looked behind and waved goodbye to me. And I waved back to her, with so much proud.    

 



If you're too angry with this story, here's some treat for you... Football Match part II

Enjoy everyone..