Ring 31

Ring


 

Hyukjae stirred in his sleep, feeling uncomfortable. He slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the small light coming from outside of his bedroom. He sighed when he found out the door was opened, no wonder he couldn’t sleep well. He was about to pull his wheelchair closer, so that he could go and close the door.

 

But he could saw someone was sleeping on the couch, face hid by his hand. It was Kyuhyun. Hyukjae know because he could never forget the other physical. He watched how Kyuhyun was shifting his body; he assumed the other was not comfortable sleeping on the couch.

 

Hyukjae stared at the latter, thinking on how and why Kyuhyun would cheat on him. He knows the other was once a playboy from his past, but he had promised to Hyukjae that he will never return back to that path since he already has him.

 

They have married for three years. Three years of spending time together; loving each other. It wasn’t a short period of time, but Hyukjae didn’t dare to say it long either. But three years was enough for them to know each other heart.

 

Kyuhyun never showed his interest on other after they get married. Hyukjae could see in Kyuhyun’s eyes, there’s always Hyukjae. Hyukjae admit that sometimes he caught man or woman staring at his husband, but he never saw Kyuhyun entertained them. In order for Kyuhyun to some kind of putting a warning to other, he will hug Hyukjae, or intentionally kiss him deeply in front of anyone who had thinking that Hyukjae wasn’t good enough to be his wife.   

 

Hyukjae remembered how Kyuhyun humiliating one of his biggest client’s daughter, because she said that Hyukjae not worth to be Kyuhyun’s wife during one of their social dinner party. Kyuhyun had pulled him to the stage, snatching the microphone from the emcee, and asking everyone attention. After getting the attention, Kyuhyun kissed Hyukjae deeply, earning much frown from the guesses. After the kiss, Kyuhyun told everyone that anyone who dared to humiliating Hyukjae, or saying something bad about him, he won’t hesitate to cancel the deal with them. He also called his biggest client’s daughter as spoilt brat, which of course makes the woman and his family humiliated, and leave the party as soon as they can.

 

Remembering all the protectiveness side of Kyuhyun makes him wonder himself, why Kyuhyun suddenly change? Why was he after the woman named Ahreum? What is her attraction that makes Kyuhyun changed his heart, when he could do that on their early marriage stage?

 

Is a child was what Kyuhyun wanted? He admitted that Kyuhyun had few times risen up children issue. He knows the other was so longing to have someone he wanted to call as his son or his daughter. He remembered there’s one day Kyuhyun asked about his thought of having a child.

 

‘Hyuk…’ Kyuhyun called while Hyukjae was reading novel, on his laps. ‘What do you think of having another person in our life?’

 

‘You mean child?’ Hyukjae asked, stopping from reading.

 

Kyuhyun’s face lightened and he nodded furiously. ‘I have something…’

 

‘I don’t want.’ Hyukjae said, crossing his arms to his chest. ‘I don’t want to get fat because of pregnant.’ He said, ignoring the sad look on Kyuhyun’s face. ‘And having a child is going to cost us everything. I may not be able to entertain you anymore when we have child Kyu. You like to be pampered, I’m sure you will hate it when I have to give my full attention to our baby instead of you.’

 

‘But Hyuk… I’

 

‘No. It’s a no, Kyuhyun. I don’t want a child. Not at this closest time. Plus, it wasn’t you who will have to endure delivery pain.’ Hyukjae said and started to tears. ‘Promise me you won’t voice out this issue anymore until I’m ready for it, please?’

 

Kyuhyun smiled sadly. ‘Okay, Hyuk. We will wait till you’re ready.’ Kyuhyun said and mumbled something afterwards.

 

‘What did he said after that?’ Hyukjae asked himself, trying to figure out back what Kyuhyun had said. ‘He said something about can wait. But what is it?’ Hyukjae asked, trying hard to remember the flashback. He shook his head, giving up because he know he couldn’t remember anymore, even he tried hard. Hyukjae gasped and quickly closed his eyes when Kyuhyun suddenly woke up from his sleeping position.

 

Kyuhyun woke up from the couch, bringing his pillows and blanket to their bedroom. He lay down on the floor in front of the door, too scared to actually step inside the room and slept near to Hyukjae. His heart was still stung from Hyukjae’s cold treatment, and he didn’t want to rub his wound with salt and angering Hyukjae more. Kyuhyun decided that this extent was okay. At least, he will feel less hurt.

 

Hyukjae slowly opened his eyes back, watching Kyuhyun who had switching place from the couch to the floor in front of his door. He felt like crying by making Kyuhyun like that. He knows he was too much and he wasn’t supposed to treats Kyuhyun that way. But the devil inside him kept telling him that that was the good price for Kyuhyun to pay.

 

‘If only I didn’t love you too deeply, then both of us could be free from this torture.’ Hyukjae said, crying to his sleep.

***

‘Hi, Hyukjae ssi. I saw that you’re coming with new accompany.’ The nurse greets him friendly. ‘Who is this handsome lad? Is he taken yet?’

 

‘He is my ex-husband and he has another woman waiting for him at their bed. So shut up.’ Hyukjae said to the nurse. Kyuhyun was taken aback with Hyukjae’s words. He gripped Hyukjae’s wheelchair handle so tight, too tight that makes his fist white. The nurse shut and called for Hyukjae’s personal trainer.

 

‘I can’t.’ Hyukjae said in anger to his trainer and Kyuhyun.

 

‘It has been months and I know you actually can, Hyukjae ssi.’ The trainer said, already used to Hyukjae’s anger.

 

‘Hyuk, come on Hyuk. Just a little more. I know you can do it.’ Kyuhyun said, cheering for him.

 

Hyukjae glared at him and spite harsh words to Kyuhyun. ‘Try to get your legs paralyzed and see whether you can or not doing this. It was your fault after all that I become like this.’

 

Kyuhyun’s soft face changed immediately to a sad face. ‘I know that, Hyuk.’ Kyuhyun said softly. ‘That’s why I’m trying to help.’

 

Hyukjae was about to snapped back at Kyuhyun when his personal trainer interfered. ‘Kyuhyun ssi, would you mind to get us something to drink from the cafeteria?’

 

‘Aa, okay.’ Kyuhyun said and walked to the cafeteria.

 

‘It wasn’t the nicest thing to say to someone, Hyukjae ssi. Especially towards your husband.’ His personal trainer scolded him.

 

‘It wasn’t your business and he is not my husband. He just my ex husband who had woman waiting for him at their bed.’  

 

‘Is the fact that he was your ex husband and there’s someone waiting for him at home was the reason why you act this way?’ his personal trainer asked. ‘If the answer is yes, then I think you’re longing for him and jealous in a way. That’s why you keep treated him in this way.’

 

‘Are you an idiot? Don’t you hear me that he has someone waiting for him at their bed?’ Hyukjae said.

 

‘Yes, I heard you perfectly. And I heard you that you are jealous because you weren’t the one who was waiting him at your bed.’ The trainer spites Hyukjae back.

 

‘You don’t know anything, Kibum ssi. You don’t have any idea of how much pain he has caused to me.’ Hyukjae snapped angrily and turned his body. They both gasped when they saw Kyuhyun behind them.

 

‘Is lemonade okay with everyone?’ Kyuhyun said, maintaining a poker face.

 

‘I’m okay with it.’ Hyukjae’s personal trainer said, taking the lemonade from Kyuhyun and muttered ‘thanks’, leaving them both after that.

 

‘Don’t you feel thirsty, Hyuk?’ Kyuhyun asked softly. Hyukjae turned away his face from looking at Kyuhyun. His inside was battling with guilt and anger. Kyuhyun took Hyukjae’s hand and give the lemonade. ‘Drink this. It is good of return back your energy.’ Kyuhyun said and sipped his own drinks.

 

Kyuhyun stared at the empty cup while Hyukjae drinking it slowly, taking glances of Kyuhyun from time to time. Kibum, Hyukjae’s personal trainer comes back with one tall person with him.

 

‘Hey Hyuk. I have some bad news and good news for us both.’ Kibum said. ‘I was being called by our main hospital to help there.’ Kibum added and Hyukjae muttered ‘not a problem’ as answer. ‘But the good news is, there one new trainer who just transferred here, and I assigned him to replace me. His name is Hankyung.’ Kibum said and introduced the taller who had been following him.

 

‘Hey, Hyukjae ssi.’ Hankyung said, gaining an interest from Hyukjae and Kyuhyun.

 

‘Hankyung ssi?’

 

‘Hangeng, you both know each other?’ Kibum asked while Kyuhyun just stared at the other. A fire of jealousy already flared up inside him.

 

‘We know. I am his boyfriend’s neighbor.’ Hankyung said and turned to looked at Kyuhyun. ‘I think I have seen you somewhere.’ He said to Kyuhyun.

 

‘I’m sorry. I don’t remember you.’ Kyuhyun said honestly.

 

‘No, I am sure I have seen you somewhere. But I couldn’t recall where.’ Hankyung said once again, trying to figure out where he had seen Kyuhyun before.

 

‘You probably have seen him in the bed.’ Hyukjae spite to Kyuhyun, once again. Kibum sighed while Kyuhyun closed his eyes, trying to calming his pain heart. ‘Maybe he is one of your night stands. Who know?’

 

‘Hyukjae ssi!’ Kibum said firmly. He had enough of Hyukjae keep saying stuffs towards Kyuhyun. But what he didn’t understand the most was why Kyuhyun decided to stone himself instead of defending himself. Was Kyuhyun’s mistakes was too big for him to let Hyukjae talk freely about him?

 

‘Nah, I’m sure it wasn’t that.’ Hankyung said laughing, failed to felt the dense atmosphere between Kyuhyun and Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae let out silent sight, realizing that what he had said about Kyuhyun was too much. ‘You helped him when he was fainted in front of Siwon’s house two days ago, remember?’ Hyukjae said the truth. Kyuhyun turned to Hyukjae, couldn’t believe that the other was saying that.

 

‘I remember that.’ Hankyung frowned. ‘But I do feel that I know you longer than that.’

 

‘Okay, okay. Whatever it is, let start with the therapy again, okay?’ Kibum said, closing the case. Kyuhyun nodded agreed, while Hankyung said nothing and play along. Hyukjae, of course, was the only one groaning in displeasure.  

 



Few more to go. 

Enjoy everyone!