Ring 36

Ring

 



Looking at his own reflection in the mirror, Hyukjae tried to smile, but he know, no matter how hard he was forcing himself to, he couldn’t bring the smile up to his ears. His stomach is making a flip inside, did not help in easing himself at all. Hyukjae played with his finger, no, he wasn’t nervous, but he was sad. He leaned his head on the wall, closing his eyes and tried to fight away the tears on his eyes. Today is the day when he will officially become Siwon’s wife. Today will be the day when he will close his old book, and open new one for a new life with Siwon.

 

A soft knock from outside makes him straightened his posture back. No, he doesn’t want anyone to see his tears today. He wanted everyone to see him as happy Hyukjae, the one who was excited with this marriage, just like how enthusiastic he was when he was married to Kyuhyun. He wanted to show everyone that.

 

‘It is still not too late to run away.’ Hyukjae smiled sadly when the latter said so. Donghae was wearing black, from his top to his low, as if he was grieving over something, or someone. Hyukjae know, Donghae wasn’t pleased with his decision. The latter had tried this best in convincing Hyukjae to cut off this wedding, but he himself doesn’t want to do it. No, it wasn’t like that. It was not because Hyukjae didn’t want to do it, but because he couldn’t bring himself to do it. ‘I will tell them I didn’t see anything.’ Donghae said, still trying his best in convincing Hyukjae at the last minutes.

 

Hyukjae shook his head softly, almost went unnoticed to Donghae if he wasn’t paying full attention towards him. ‘I can’t do that, Hae.’ Hyukjae said softly, everything Hyukjae did today was either soft or slow, maybe because only half of his soul was listening to him. The other half, he didn’t know where they have gone.

 

‘You know you can do this, Hyuk.’ Donghae said, grabbing his shoulder and shook him. ‘All you have to do is run away from this room and… I don’t know… ran to Kyuhyun’s embrace?’ Donghae said. ‘You know he wasn’t at fault, Hyuk. You know Kyuhyun was loyal to you.’ Donghae said trying to convincing him.

 

‘I know that, Hae. And his loyalty was the one who makes me decided to marry Siwon. I’m not worth for his love, Hae. I betrayed him, I betrayed our love.’ Hyukjae said, tears finally flow freely on his face. No, Hyukjae couldn’t hold his outburst anymore. His head was hurt, his body was hurt, and his heart was hurt. Hyukjae break down, bursting into loud sobs. Luckily the door was shut, and loud music was played outside, celebrating the day. ‘I accused him everything, I accused him for being a cheater, but the fact it was me who was cheating in our relationship.’ He confessed, making Donghae confused. ‘I slept with Siwon, Hae. I slept with him after the first time I saw Ahreum, Hae.’ He confessed, breaking into loud sobs more when Donghae let go of him. ‘I don’t deserve his love, Hae.’ Hyukjae said, raving the words again and again.

 

Donghae said nothing, letting go of Hyukjae and slowly make his way to Siwon’s waiting room. He clenched his fist tightly, so tight that makes his knuckles turned white. He slammed open Siwon’s room, chest heaving up and down because he was furious, so furious. Siwon was startled for a while, but after few seconds he snapped back to reality, ignoring Donghae completely. His stylist quickly makes way out from the room, sensing the cold atmosphere comes from Donghae.

 

‘You shouldn’t be here.’ Siwon said casually, altering his own clothes. From the corner of his eyes, he could saw Donghae was fuming. He didn’t know the exact reason, but he could guess what it was. Must be because of Kyuhyun and Hyukjae. He thought.

 

‘What happen to us, Siwon?’ Donghae asked, but his fist still unclenched. ‘What the hell was happening to each of us, Siwon?’ He asked and shouted, as if he was ranting out his anger towards Siwon.

 

Siwon turned and looked at Donghae, his face was emotionless. ‘What happen to us, Donghae?’ He asked back, as if he was challenging Donghae.

 

‘Why the hell that you turn into heartless person like this, Siwon?’ Donghae asked, his anger slowly turned to sorrow.  ‘What makes you turn into a monster like this, Siwon?’ Siwon stared blankly at Donghae, his eyes showed bored to the other. ‘We used to be best friend, Siwon. You used to be someone who is gentle towards everyone. You don’t hurt people, Siwon. Out of everyone, I know you wouldn’t. So, why? Why did you become this heartless monster?’ Donghae shouted, frustrated. ‘You cannot own Hyukjae with this way, Siwon. You’re hurting him, and you’re hurting yourself more.’

 

‘Are you done?’ Siwon asked and like a cue, Donghae’s heart breaking at his best friend changes. ‘Are you done saying all your craps now, Donghae?’ Siwon asked once again, voice deep. ‘Because if you done, you may leave now. I need to present myself properly since today is the day where all my dream will comes true.’ He said and turned to face the long mirror, ignoring Donghae who was about to collapse at that moment.

 

‘If you’re planning of kidnapping Hyukjae, I’m more than willing to help.’ A voice spoke from his behind startled Kyuhyun. He turned to his back and saw the Chinese man was leaning against the tower. Kyuhyun was wearing mask, he wore dark brown long jacket, trying his best to look hideous from anyone to know it was him. ‘You may able to hide yourself from being known by everyone, but you cannot fool your own heart. Your heart betrayed your undercover.’ Hankyung said and Kyuhyun titled his head, couldn’t gasped the meaning between Hankyung’s words. ‘No one is looking at the bride room as if they can reach there without moving their feet.’ He said and Kyuhyun turned to look longingly at the room once again.  

 

‘Hyukjae was there, waiting like a princess for his prince saving them and took them away from this dungeon.’ Hankyung said, joining Kyuhyun to look at the room. ‘But you’re not a prince and Hyukjae wasn’t a princess. Siwon isn’t the villain also.’ Hankyung said, watching how Kyuhyun didn’t even break his stare from that room. ‘All of you were victims, victims of humans enemy called fate.’ Hankyung keep saying, didn’t bother that Kyuhyun was showing his interest in listening, because all his concern was the person inside the room. But Hankyung know that Kyuhyun was listening to him. ‘Fighting against your fate was what called changes. You know you can change this, Kyuhyun. All you need to do was to go to the room and took Hyukjae with you.’   

 

‘What if letting everything to happen was the changes?’ Kyuhyun suddenly said, but his eyes were still locked to the room. ‘What if letting Hyukjae to be happy with Siwon was the changes of my fate?’ Kyuhyun asked and Hankyung opened his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. ‘You cannot answer it, right?’ Kyuhyun asked once again, and Hankyung stood silent. ‘I always believe that Hyukjae was my destiny, and until now, I still believe the same. But like you said, something we need to fight against our fate. Letting Hyukjae to be happy with Siwon was my changes, was the fight against my fate, against my destiny.

 

A loud sound coming from Siwon’s waiting room startled Hankyung. He saw how two to three Siwon’s bodyguard coming to the room, and seconds later dragging Donghae out from the room. Hankyung quickly ran to the bodyguard, taking Donghae while glaring towards them.

 

‘Please take care of your boyfriend, Hankyung ssi.’ Siwon said, altering his necktie. ‘I’m still allowing him here because he’s Hyukjae’s best friend. But I will not tolerate with his stupidity anymore.’ Siwon said cruelly toward Donghae, who by now was sobbing mess. ‘I’m getting married to Hyukjae and that’s final. He couldn’t stop it even if he was going to kill me.’ Siwon said and turned away, but his heart was feeling uneasy as he caught a glimpse of someone. He shook off the feeling, went back inside his room, ignoring the person who had climbing slowly towards Hyukjae’s room.

 

Hyukjae was standing in front of the length mirror, eyeing his red puffy eyes, swollen cheeks with trace of tears, and his red plump lips because he was biting it hard. ‘Close your eyes.’ A voice that was so familiar to him, a voice that he missed so much told him. Hyukjae was dying to be inside the voice owner embrace, even only in his imagination. ‘Don’t open your eyes and know that I love you, Hyukjae. I always am.’ The voice coaxing his hurting heart and Hyukjae don’t want to open his eyes, afraid that the voice will disappear when he open it.

 

Hyukjae imagined the soft lips against his, kneading and massaging his as if the other was coaxing him with his kiss. Hyukjae closed his eyes tighter, he was longing for it and he didn’t want his imagination of Kyuhyun to end up after he opened his eyes. Hyukjae replied back to the kiss, as if telling the other that he felt the same too.

 

The lips slowly retreated from his, but the hands was still cupping his cheeks, wiping away the tears from his face. The same lips landed to his forehead, then to both his eyes, followed by his cheeks and his nose afterwards, and lastly it landed on his lips once again. Hyukjae felt he wanted to break down once again when the hand retreating, and so does the warmth. After few seconds of waiting and still not getting what he wanted, Hyukjae opened his eyes. And he was greeted by his own reflection by the mirror. Once again, Hyukjae’s eyes teary.     



Is it angsty enough? I think I can do better but I'm tired  (´〜`*) zzz

Enjoy everyone.