Ring 24

Ring


 

‘You should eat more.’ Leeteuk said, sitting on the bed while watching his son altering his necktie.

 

‘I ate.’ Kyuhyun simply answered.  

 

‘Eat more. You look too skinny now.’ Leeteuk said, folded his arms to his chest.

 

Kyuhyun just smiled at Leeteuk reflection on the mirror, didn’t have the intention to argue with his Mommy.

 

‘Kyuhyun, would you be mad if I ask you one question?’ Leeteuk asked after few seconds of silent.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. ‘It’s depending on the question though.’ He said. ‘What do you want to ask about?’

 

‘The girl… the one that makes you and Hyukjae divorced, where is she now?’ Leeteuk timidly asked. ‘Since she already success making you and Hyukjae divorced, shouldn’t she claimed all the glory and be with you now?’

 

Kyuhyun just stay silent, but his eyes were now clouded with sadness. ‘I… I have to go now. Bye, Mommy.’ Kyuhyun said, voice cracking. He kissed Leeteuk on the cheeks, and took the briefcase next to his mommy. Leeteuk just nodded and trailed behind him, sending Kyuhyun to his car. But before Kyuhyun left, he stopped on his way and said something to Leeteuk.

 

‘Ahreum is not that kind of girl, Mommy. She didn’t even have the intention to make me and Hyukjae’s divorce.’ He said and left, leaving Leeteuk puzzled alone.

 

Kyuhyun stopped at flower shop. He went inside and was greeted by the owner, an old man.

 

‘Buying some flowers for special one, son?’ The man asked.

 

Kyuhyun just smiled and keep browsing through the flower on the shelf. ‘Did you have dandelion?’ He asked to the owner. The owner nodded and went through the other section. ‘Wait, did you by any chance have hyacinth too?’

 

‘You are coming to flower shop, son. What do you expect at?’ The old man said and laughed, continue walked to the dandelion’s section. ‘Do you want me to wrap it separately, or you want both in one bouquet?’ The man asked after picking some dandelion and hyacinth.

 

‘A bouquet please.’ Kyuhyun answered when he saw the man brought both flower with him.

 

‘For a woman?’ The man asked while arranging the flower nicely. ‘She must be special one. My wife used to love these two combinations also.’ He said.

 

‘Yeah… she is special.’ Kyuhyun said while his eyes fixed to the flowers on the owner’s hand.

 

‘Treasure her then.’ The man said and gave the flower to Kyuhyun. ‘It will be ten dollars plus the arranging.’ The man said and Kyuhyun gave him the bill.

 

Kyuhyun smelled the flower, reminiscence the girl who had captured his heart. He carefully put the flower on the other seat, don’t want his clumsy hand damage the flowers. ‘I wish I was given the opportunity to treasure her more.’ He then buckled his seatbelt, car speeding thru the highways.

 

‘Hyuk, how about this cake?’ Siwon asked, placing a slice of red velvet cake in front of Hyukjae for taste.

 

‘It’s too sweet, Siwon.’ Hyukjae said, after ate the cake a bit.

 

‘Cake is mean to be sweet, Hyukjae.’ Siwon said; slowly get frustrated since they did not move from the cake tasting since two hours already. Everything seem imperfect to Hyukjae ever since they started planning for their wedding. 

 

‘I want it to be perfect.’ Hyukjae said, hand stopped from playing with the cake. ‘You are the one who wanted this to be perfect. So I am just paying your deeds by making sure this will be perfect.’

 

‘Hyuk, this is our wedding. Why you are saying as if I am forcing you to married me? You are the one who made the deal, Hyuk.’ Siwon said angrily, slamming his hand on the table. ‘You promised to marry me once Kyuhyun all good. Now he is in good condition, you should fulfill your promise.’ Siwon roared, didn’t even care if Hyukjae was hurt by his words, because as much as Hyukjae was hurt, his pain were deeper.

 

Hyukjae said nothing, but staring emptily at his own fingers. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing but silent words went out. Hyukjae had lost, and he just could send sympathy look to Siwon, as if telling Siwon to forgetting the promise he made to him.

 

Siwon breathe harshly, ‘I’m sorry. I need some space to breathe.’ He said and walked away from the room, leaving Hyukjae alone. Hyukjae let out heavy sigh, thumping his own chest. He finally let out sobs that he had been held from hours before. Deep inside Hyukjae’s heart, he regretted giving such a hope to Siwon. He had been greedy; he was so greed that he didn’t mind of hurting Siwon by making such a promise to him, knowing that Siwon have a very huge love to him.

 

‘Argh!’ Siwon screamed, punching the wall in front of him. Siwon didn’t care that his hand is now bleeding, because his heart hurt more. ‘Why Hyukjae? Why? Why can I be Kyuhyun’s substitute?’ He asked, disappointed with himself.

 

The eerie feeling in the graveyard did not even an inch scare Kyuhyun. He was numb to feeling scare to be here anymore. Instead, he was feeling more peaceful here, more peaceful than his home. Kyuhyun put the flower on the gravestone. Kyuhyun smiled, while his hand plucked away the dried leaf on the grave.

 

‘I wish I could turn back the time.’ He finally said after long silent. But no one answered him. ‘I wish you didn’t have to end like this. I wish I could stop everyone from hating you. Stopping everyone from misunderstand you.  I wish I could do better for you.’ While talking, Kyuhyun eyes slowly formed tears. ‘I miss you so much. I want to be someone who you can be proud of. I want to save you.’ Kyuhyun kneeled down in front of the grave, hiding his face with his palm. ‘I want to save you, Ahreum. I swear I did. But I’m weak. I’m useless. I wish I didn’t too carry with my anger of losing Hyukjae at that day. I wish I answered your call at that time. I’m sorry, Ahreum. I am sorry because you have fallen to a jerk, useless guy like me.’

 

Someone put his hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, making him looked up. There was a man in middle of forty, with dandelion and hyacinth flower on his hand. He put the flowers on the tombstone. Kyuhyun just watched the man cleaning the grave, dusting away any dirtiness from it, though Kyuhyun had done the same before. ‘Let her rest in peace, son.’ The man finally spoke. ‘Stop blaming yourself. It will hurt her soul up there.’ The man said, not looking at Kyuhyun. ‘Forgive yourself, because I know my daughter has forgiven you. For whatever wrong you have done to her.

 

‘I can’t.’ Kyuhyun said. ‘If only I picked up the call, she won’t…’

 

‘If won’t bring back my daughter alive.’ The man said. ‘She’s also at wrong for thinking killing herself is the only solution left. She should see us. She should share her pain with us. But she didn’t. Ahreum don’t like sharing what hurt her with other. Even with her own family.’  

 

‘But if I didn’t ignore her call, maybe she won’t end up killing herself.’ Kyuhyun said, blaming himself.

 

‘Even if you did, she still will die.’ The man said calmly. ‘Letters comes to our house yesterday. One for us and another one for you.’ The man said and took out something from his pocket, giving something like a wrinkled mail to Kyuhyun. ‘She said sorry to us. For not being able to be the girl we often dream off.’ Ahreum’s father said, wiping away his tears with his thumb. ‘I wish I could tell her that she was the most wonderful girl we ever have and we were proud of her, no matter what she done. And I wish she could tell us about her cancer. Before everything was too late.’

 

Kyuhyun quickly looked at Ahreum’s father. ‘C-cancer?’

 

‘ cancer. She was at her final stage.’ Ahreum’s father said and took a deep breath before continued. ‘She knows she didn’t have much time left. But she did tell us on her letter that she was happy, that she able to spent her last months with us and you.’ The man said and looked again to the gravestone, none of them speak after that. Kyuhyun clenched the letter with his fist.  

 

Donghae put all his clothes inside his suitcase. He turned off all the plugs, making sure that he didn’t forget to make sure the house is safe before he’s leaving once again. He took the ticket, along his suitcase and walked to the door.  

 

Donghae turned back to look at the apartment once again. The place he used to spent with Kyuhyun during their young age. At that time, they didn’t mature yet. Nothing matter to them but fun. But now everything feels different. He has responsibility. He had his own career at Italy. The one he had pursuing, even after he had lost Heechul, his lover.

 

Donghae let out sigh, memories of their young age flown back to him. Kyuhyun and he used to be together, although he didn’t seem like one, but he is the one who always protecting Kyuhyun from himself. The vulnerable image of Kyuhyun’s crying because he couldn’t admit his own feeling to Hyukjae shown in front of him. The scene where he had the whole night to persuade the crying Kyuhyun because he was so disappointed with himself, because he tried to treat Hyukjae the same as he treated the other except Donghae, but he couldn’t since he had slowly fallen to Hyukjae.

 

‘Take care of my little brother. Help him and love him the way I did to him, Hae.’

 

Heechul’s voice was echoing inside his head, asking him to help Kyuhyun. Donghae let out heavy sigh. ‘Are you forbidding me from leaving Kyuhyun, Heechul?’ He asked to nothing. ‘You know I have my own career waiting for me there.’ He added. ‘I can’t always be with Kyuhyun. I have my own life to take care of too.’ Donghae said desperately.

 

‘You promised happiness for me. But you broke it by leaving me first.’ Donghae said, slumping down on the floor. ‘I cannot be someone source of strength, Heechul. You know I can’t.’ He said, desperately tried to wiped tears from his face. ‘I can’t help Kyuhyun, Heechul. I’m not that strong. So I ran away. I am afraid seeing him broken like that, Heechul. That’s why I never return when he and Hyukjae divorce. Why you expect me to help him now, Heechul?’

 

I know you can, Hae. Kyuhyun is like your brother. I know you can help him get Hyukjae back.

 

‘No, I can’t.’ Donghae cried. ‘Please don’t expect me to, Chullie. Kyuhyun hate me, Chullie. He will hate me when he knows I am the one who told Hyukjae about Ahreum.’ Donghae cried desperately.

 



 

Just so you know, I am not going to explain everything because few things is better to not be writen.. but trust me, you still could understand everything. No worries. 

 

Ejoy everyone.