Ring 20

Ring


 

Leeteuk stopped stirring the soup, too shocked to found Kyuhyun had intention to wake up himself and joined him for breakfast.

 

‘You okay, Mommy?’ Kyuhyun asked, looking at Leeteuk who had been frozen in front of the kitchen, looking at him weirdly.

 

‘You awake?’ Leeteuk asked, still couldn’t snap himself from the shock he received so early in the morning. ‘That unusual.’ He added and his hand slowly stirring the soup back.

 

‘Yeah. I could smell your soup from my bedroom. It makes me hungry. So I took shower and cleaned myself. Hope I’m not too late for your soup.’ Kyuhyun said and pulled out the chair, sitting on it and started reading the newspaper on the table.

 

Leeteuk smiled looking at Kyuhyun’s changes. ‘Soup will be ready in few minutes. Can you be a darling to me and cut the bread to pieces? It tastes good whenever we eat soup with bread.’ Leeteuk requested and brought the cutting board and knife to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun nodded and took one long piece German bread, slicing it to small pieces, as Leeteuk requested. ‘I saw you looking good today. Going somewhere?’ Leeteuk said, stirring the soup his still watching his son with his corner eyes.

 

‘I thought of going out today. Maybe do some shopping before start working back. My wardrobe a little bit dull nowadays. Do you want to follow? You’re better shopper than me.’ Kyuhyun said calmly.

 

Leeteuk once again smiled at Kyuhyun’s changes. ‘I would love to.’ He put the oven mitten, bringing the hot soup pots to the dinner table. ‘Soup is ready.’ His eyes glistened with happiness as he saw his son indulged himself to his cooks.

 

‘I think this would be okay.’ Leeteuk said, messaging his tired legs once he rested on one of the bench provided inside the mall.

 

‘I have nothing to say if you wanted to say that this is still not enough. My hands barely could bring these bags anymore.’ Kyuhyun said; put the shopping bags near him and Leeteuk’s legs, doing light exercises to ease the pain his hands experienced right now. ‘We really shopped a lot.’ He said looking unbelievably at the multi shopping bags.

 

Leeteuk smiled hearing his son complaint. ‘It’s been a while since my last time doing this.’ He said and images of Hyukjae accompanied him during shopping played back to his mind.

 

Kyuhyun knew what the meaning of his Mommy said and he understand that even Leeteuk could feel the emptiness Hyukjae had left. ‘I’m sorry, Mommy.’ Kyuhyun whispered.

 

Leeteuk smiled and caressed his son’s hair softly. ‘Don’t work too hard after this. Make sure to spend times with me too.’ Leeteuk said, momentarily forgetting about Hyukjae and wanted to focus more towards his son progress now. ‘Hyukjae was a history. There’s no use of holding tight to past anymore. What matter now is the present, and your future.’ Leeteuk advised to his son, hoping that his son will finally be able to letting go of Hyukjae. It has been seven months Kyuhyun had suffered and both of them have to accept the fact that Hyukjae will no longer with them anymore. They should bury the longing towards the other. For him, thought Hyukjae couldn’t forgive Kyuhyun for what he had done to him, he shouldn’t push Leeteuk away just like that. He should; at least, secretly trying to contact Leeteuk. But it has been seven months, and no news he ever heard from Hyukjae. So he decided the best decision is to letting him go, as Hyukjae did to them.  

 

Kyuhyun smiled bitterly at what his Mommy had said. But I’m not ready to let go Hyukjae, Mommy. I will never.

 

Leeteuk stood up, taking half of the shopping bags with him. ‘Let’s go back home. I need to cook for dinner too.’ Leeteuk said and Kyuhyun obediently follow.

 

‘Mommy, you wait inside the car, I will pay the parking first.’ Kyuhyun said, closing the bonnet of his car after shoving all their spents inside. Leeteuk nodded and rested his tired body, leaning into the seat. After makes sure his Mommy was comfortable enough to be left alone, Kyuhyun started searched for the parking machine counter. Kyuhyun walked casually towards the machine, counting the numbers of people who had lining up to pay the parking just like him. Kyuhyun lined up at behind, waiting for his turn as there were four more people in front of him. After minutes, it was his turn to pay. Kyuhyun shoved the ticket inside the machine, waiting for the machine to count the hours he and his mother had spent on the mall today, paying the parking according.

 

A ding sound from the elevator near the machine startled him. Kyuhyun’s head instantly turned to the elevator and he able to take a glimpse of the person coming in to the elevator. There was a man in wheelchair, accompanied by a taller man wheeling his wheel chair inside. The retreating figure was too familiar to Kyuhyun. He just about to chase after them when the machine had finished counted the hours and showed the amount Kyuhyun had to pay for his parking. Kyuhyun hurriedly shoved his money inside the machine, but the machine wasn’t cooperating with him and keeps bouncing back his money. His card finally went out from the machine, with a writing proof of his paid.

 

‘Hyukjae!’ Kyuhyun yelled. He didn’t sure if the figure he saw on the wheel chair was his ex-wife, but he could feel it. Kyuhyun ran to the elevator, but he was too late as he reached the elevator already gone up. Kyuhyun anxiously waited to see at what floor the elevator had stopped, intended to catch up with another one. His mobile ringing and without looking at the caller id, Kyuhyun answered.

 

‘Where are you?’ His mommy was the caller and asked for his where about. ‘Have you paid for the parking? Come back quickly then, we only have fifteen minutes before your parking ticket goes invalid.’ The other line suggested, and Kyuhyun had to forget about his earlier intention just now.

 

‘Will be right back in three minutes.’ He said to the phone call and disconnected it; still looking at the elevator light. He shook his head, finally decided to leave. ‘There’s no way Hyukjae was in wheel chair. I must have mistaken some else with him.’ Kyuhyun said and walked back to where his car parked.  

 

The ding sound from the elevator makes Hyukjae’s heart clutched in pain. ‘We are here.’ Siwon said, pushing Hyukjae’s wheel chair out from the elevator. Here he was once again. The place where Hyukjae had hated so much to be at.

 

‘Ah, Hyukjae shi. Welcome.’ A friendly woman in white suit like a nurse greeted him. ‘I see you never fail to come here. May I?’ The nurse said and took over Hyukjae from Siwon. Siwon nodded and let go of the wheel chair, letting the nurse to take over. Siwon walked to the bench provided, and sat comfortable there; but still his eyes never left Hyukjae. Siwon watched how Hyukjae was looking boringly at the nurse explanation of what will they do today for his recovery.

 

Hyukjae yawned as soon as the nurse done briefing him of what he and she will do for today. He smiled back when the nurse smiled to him, completely didn’t heard what she had told him before.

 

‘Okay, Hyukjae shi. Try to stand.’ The nurse said and Hyukjae looked at him disapproved. ‘You have done this quite a lot, I’m sure your legs is ready now.’ The nurse said and Hyukjae shook his head.

 

‘Couldn’t you just message my legs? I don’t think my legs are ready yet.’ Hyukjae said, hoping that the nurse will listen to him; like she used to.  

 

‘No. We need to see some progress by now.’ The nurse said. ‘It has been five months already. Your legs are more than ready actually. Don’t worry, you can lean on me and I would never let you fall.’ The nurse said and she guided Hyukjae to stand.

 

Wobblingly, Hyukjae rose from his wheel chair, holding tightly to the nurse. The nurse then walked a little, forcing Hyukjae to walk with her. ‘There. You’re making good progress.’ The nurse compliment; guides Hyukjae far from their first point.

 

Hyukjae’s heart was blooming with his happiness. He could feel he slowly regained back his ability to walk, and he slowly loosen the grip he had with the nurse, wanted to walk independently. He was so sure that he could walk without her help anymore. But Hyukjae was wrong. As soon as he let go of the nurse, cold reality hit him like harsh wave. Hyukjae instantly fall down.

 

‘Hyukjae shi.’ The nurse was shocked when Hyukjae let go of her, wanting to walk by himself and resulting himself with a fall. Siwon ran to them, helping the nurse to bring back Hyukjae to his wheel chair. ‘Oh God, we need to clean your cut.’ The nurse said, running inside to get the safety kit.

 

‘Hyuk…’ Siwon called. Hyukjae looked at him, cold and angry. ‘Hyuk, you can try once again.’

 

‘How many times Siwon? How many times should I try and resulting with a fall until I could walk back once again? I will never be able to walk again Siwon. Why don’t you understand that and keep asking me to try? I’m sick of it. I’m tired of trying.’ Hyukjae burst, launching his anger to Siwon. He pushed his chair towards the elevator, pressing the down button rapidly. He went inside and goes down without even waiting for Siwon to join him. For a moment, he just wanted to be alone after his failure. Hyukjae ended up on the escalator near the elevator, secluded without anyone. ‘Kyu……. Kyuhyun….’ He sobbed, calling softly the name of person whom had caused him this, but whom he was still love dearly.

 



 

Just some guides for you. The chapter written by Kyuhyun POV or told by Kyuhyun was happened in the past. Other chapter than it was the present one. And yes, this chapter happened in present. 

 

Enjoy everyone